New Visitor
bocajay

Voice Mail Access Number

I am a new Digital Voice customer having transferred from AT and T. As an AT and T customer I was able to retrieve my Voice Mails when away from home by calling a dedicated number; inputting my home phone number and passcode and my messages would then play. The printed materials given me by Comcast at installation, including "CDV OW  Rev. 04/10" had 3 ways to retrieve away from home, one of which was identical to the one I had with AT and T, except the "Voice Mail Access Number" box was left blank. Many calls and chats with Comcast have left me top conclude this is a fiction in the Comcast world. I'm writing this since I can't seem to get the attention of "higher-ups" in Comcast. This in place system is insane. When I try and access my Voice Mails from the road by calling my home phone number, its picked up by my wife or house keeper who are home. That's hardly the best system and one Comcast, at least in their publications is aware of, but not in practice. COMCAST Executives,HELP

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Voice Mail Access Number

I'll ask the Comcast Corp team available to this forum for a official answer.  I was under the impression you could call Comcast support and get a local access number to get into your voicemail.

Expect an update early this week.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Hello. The number you are looking for is 2396760960.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
New Visitor
bocajay

I"ll try it, but is there no toll free number

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

There is not a toll free number that I am aware of.

Just 'Dete'
New Visitor
fafigueroa

Comcast customers deserve a toll free number to access their voice mail remotely.  When will you have it?

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

This program was actually discontinued in favor of the digital voice center, which allows our customers to check their voicemail online, and other methods, including mobile phone applications that allow the same.

Just 'Dete'
New Visitor
fafigueroa

How do you check it on-line?

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Hi there - this link should help....http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?Guid=142c8189-1e3a-43fd-b60f-c1a2e1aad061

Just 'Dete'
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

If you go to comcast.net and click on the voice section at the upper right

v1.JPG

That will take you to Smartzone.  In Smartzone there is a voice tab, and once you click on the voice tab, then the voice mail section will show up on the left side.

v2.JPG

v3.JPG

You then play the voice mail message by clicking on the "play arrow" under the message heading.