Visitor
PatCunn

busy signal on phone, can't make calls out

I have recently been getting a busy signal when I try to call outAnyone who calls me says it goes directly to the Comcast voicemailThis has been happening for since Sept. 28th. At times the phone will work but not consistantlyThe moden light for line one is flashing on and offI have an Arris modemThis is the third modem since Feb. 2011I only just got consistant phone service since end of AugustThis is very frustratingI hope someone can give me some informationI have a service appt. for Sat but I had one this Sat. and 1 and 1/2 hours after the technicians left I the problem came back.

Is there anyone who could give me any information about this type of problem,

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: busy signal on phone, can't make calls out

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of your continued CDV issues and will get the local people.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team early in the business week.

New Visitor
verymad

Having similar problem. First occured 09/26/2011. Also, 3000ms lag while playing WoW now. 3 techs later, new comcast router and modem and problem persists. They act like they care but I'm getting the run around.

Visitor
PatCunn

I have been told origionally that the signal that comes into my home is to high.  I have also been told that the line to my home from the road should be redone by atleast 3 technicians.  The problem with a busy signal and then dropped calls can not be a new one.They should be albe to resolve this; 

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

--

I'm sorry for the issues that you are experiencing, I do not see a upcoming appointment for a technician to come out to your house. I have escalated your issue and someone will be in contact with you soon to try and resolve the problem internally if that doesn't wok then we may need to send out a technician to check our lines, equipment, signal levels and test your phone as well.

Thank You
-Keisha-
Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

---

Sorry for the issue you have been having. I can see that we had a technician out to your home today. Can you confirm with me if you are still having issues or did our tech resolve the problems you were having.

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor

Our phone went out yesterday. AS of now we just have a busy signal. No phone calls can go out nor in. The internet works fine. I did several reboots with Comcast help chat but to no avail. I have an ARRIS modem. I think the phone line needs to be physically checked.

Mark

Regular Contributor

Whenever someone calls in and then I get a call waiting call, afterwards I get messages on all my phones stating "cannot connect with base" and "line busy."  This goes on for upwards of five or ten minutes after the calls are finished.  This is a COmcast issue since it has been going on ever since I bundled voice, Internet, and cable together.  At first I thought it was my multi-phone system, but after following everything the manufacturer told me to do, I've come to the conclusion it's a COmcast issue and it has to do with the modem or some other line Comcast has run.  And according to this topic thread, I am not the ony one.  So what is Comcast going to do to resolve this issue?  Judging by the dates of some of the comments, the issue is at least a year old--and one would think Comcast could have resolved the issue by now.

Official Employee

have you tried this with a corded phone?

Regular Contributor

I don't own a corded phone--and my multiphone system did not have this problem before I bundled with Comcast.