Contributor

can't reach my home phone

For some reason when I try to call my home phone (to check on my kid!)  I get a recording "The party you are trying to reach is not currently accepting calls at this number".  What's going on???

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: can't reach my home phone

You most likely have call screening set so it is not letting your cell phone number through.

You need to go into Xfinity Connect and check your call screening settings and unblock yourself.  It's under preferences / call screening.

Contributor

Thanks, but actually, no, there are no call screenings set.  I call my house phone every day, and this has never happened before.  We did have a power outage last night. Could have somehow affected?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

With the eMTA having a battery for backup, it normally wouldn't affect anything.

Since your not home, then please call Comcast support and they can look into the health check on the eMTA, and do a remote reset on it.

Contributor

Well, it must have something to do with last night's storm. I tried calling from my work land line, my car, and my husband's cell--all with the same "not accepting calls" message. Went home at lunch and found that I can't dial out either, the call goes straight to Comcast customer service. Apparently they are working on it.