Regular Contributor

Cannot connect to comcast.net home page

I run IE8, up to date version. Win XP Pro, SP3.   I log in to comcast automatically using my saved user and password.  My home page is stored in IE8 as www.comcast.net

About 2 years ago, suddenly , instead of going to the homepage, I got the "browser upgrade" screen, telling me I need to upgrade to IE8 "Optimized for Comcast".  The "Upgrade" link  on the rh side of the "Browser Upgrade" screen for IE8 is dead, it doesn't take me anywhere, as are all the other "Upgrade" links (Ie7, Firefox, etc.) 

Personally, I don;t want to "Upgrade" my IE8 to something loaded with Comcast bells and whistles, I never have.  But even trying to do that won;t work...all those links are dead.

I've spent hours on the phone with Comcast techs trying to just be able to go directly to the comcast homepage, and they all seem to not know what the problem is, telling me I must have "some sort of weird IE installation".  I've uninstalled and re-installed IE8 several times, it shows the current version, yet I cannot go directly to my home page..This stupid screen keeps coming up.

SO, for two years, I have been clicking on the link that says "I do not want to upgrade, take me to my homepage" and I would get to comcast.net  UNTIL TODAY, 5/5/11.  Now, that link does nothing, and I sit stuck at this "Browser Upgrade" screen.  My browser works fine, i can go to any of my Favorites or type in URLs, Google tool bar works, etc., but no Comacst home page.

I've never gotten a straight answer out of any Comcast tech, ever....what is going on?  Can somebody please tell me how to just simply go directly to my homepage comast.net or whatever the actual URL is these days?  Two years this has been going on...and now, even the woprk-around I had to get used to no longer works.

Thanks

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Re: Cannot connect to comcast.net home page

[ Edited ]

First of all clear your browser cache.

EDIT.....The home page is now...

http://xfinity.comcast.net but www.comcast.net should still work.

If you still have a problem follow the advice here:

http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/Troubleshooting-Windows-Internet-Explorer.__15312.aspx

Regular Contributor

Tried a Sys Restore to May 5, no luck   Cleared the browser cache, I always do that at least weekly anyway.  No add-ons running, disabled all helpers.  Reset all the IE settings, back to default, except the personals,   Same problem, just like the last 2 years, only again, now the "I don;t want to upgrade" link does nothing, that's new as of today...

Regular Contributor

Oh and I also retyped the home page to comcast.net, but the redirect over rides it every time.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

[ Edited ]

Hmmm....Just a thought ..If you have the Comcast toolbar installed, I would get rid of that, has been known to cause problems.

Apart from doing a virus scan, (Malwarebytes is good). The only other thing I can think of is uninstalling the update IE8 and reinstalling again.

However, if you have xp sp3, I have read somewhere, that you may have to uninstall SP3 first, before uninstalling the IE8.

Seems a bit drastic and you would need to read up on it carefully before trying that.

(hope someone can come up with a simpler solution)...Good Luck!

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

[ Edited ]

delete

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

[ Edited ]

Well I think Comcast updated their pages today, so thats why you are being redirected nowhere. I guess this was the place that you got redirected to before:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/browserupgrade

Edit again...... For some reason I believe Comcast is not recognizing the User Agent String of your browser.

Visit:
  http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx

If you are using IE8 on Windows XP SP3 your User Agent String would look something like this:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0)

No idea how to fix that one though! There is an add on for IE on that page, that allows you to change your user agent, but that still doesn't explain why you may need to. I've never tried it, so it would be at your own risk.

If uninstalling/reinstalling makes no difference like you say. it might be safer to download chrome or firefox like UHFhd says and try that.

Regular Contributor

Ran full scans in safe mode with Avast and MBAM Paid version, no virus/malware.  I don't use their toolbar.  Tried changing homepage to http://xfinity.comcast.net, same result.     Visiting the site you recommended, my UA string report came back as this:

Your browser sent the following headers:Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Length: 0
Accept: */*
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Language: en-us
Host: www.enhanceie.com
Referer: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Web-Browsers/Cannot-connect-to-comcast-net-home-page/td-p/927845
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9
Accept-encode: (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0)
X-Original-URL: /ua.aspx

ASPNET's HTTPBrowserCapabilities object reports that, based on the User-Agent, your Browser has the following capabilities:

Type = Firefox2.0.0.9
Name = Firefox
Version = 2.0.0.9
Major Version = 2
Minor Version = 0
Platform = WinXP
Is Beta = False
Is Crawler = False
Is AOL = False
Is Win16 = False
Is Win32 = True
Supports Frames = True
Supports Tables = True
Supports Cookies = True
Supports VBScript = False
Supports JavaScript = True
Supports Java Applets = True
Supports ActiveX Controls = False

Conditional comments report that you are using Internet Explorer 8.0.

I'm just an average user, I have no idea what any of this stuff means or what a "User Agent String" even is...I did read the explanation and I think I get it, but would have no idea what I'm doing attempting any changes.

I do have Firefox installed also, but use it only rarely when IE8 gives me fits for anything.  I do seem to recall one of Comcast's tekkies saying it looked like my machine was sending a message that it has some weird form of Firefox installed and it's causing problems, thus the redirect.  But that was it, he had no suggestions as to what to do.  I haven't tried uninstalling Firefox, I suppose that would be worth a try.

Yes I read the problems with uninstalling IE8 from XP SP3, and uninstalling SP3 is something way too scary for me, not to mention the work involved in re-nstalling it and all the updates.

I suppose I could install Google Chrome or other browsers, but I am a creature of habit, I like IE8 and am used to it and comfortable with it. 

It is just plain irritating that Comcast wants to alter IE8 to fill it with their banners, bells, whistles, and stuff I don't want in the first place, and they want to do that bad enough that they stick a redirect out there messing up my service and when it causes problems, forcing me to come up with a work-around to their adertising campaign.  It's been out there now for over 2 years, in my opinion Comcast needs to remove that stuipid redirect...anyone who wants to "Upgrade" (I love that---as if my browser is inferior unless I use their version) already has....this is what I've been saying to Comcast for over 2 years now...they're messing up my machine, they need to give me a fix,  But they always end the conversation with "it's a problem with your machine, not our redirect screen.  Even the links to go to this fantastic "Upgrade" no longer work..The whole upgrade farce is obviously over with (dead links) and what's left is a piece of space junk floating around out there screwing up people's service (the redirect screen).  Being in a rural area, I have no choice, Comcast is it...no competition, so I'm basically screwed, I can't even go somewhere else.

Comcast is zero help, can anybody help me just simply get my homepage news and stuff back?

Email Expert
CCCarole

You could try posting at microsoft answers.com and see if they can help you. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Which version of Firefox do you have set up?  The current version is 4.1 now.

FWIW- I certainly would uninstall/reinstall IE8 if that is the only browser you want to use.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

Firefox 3.5.18...yes, an old version.  Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think this is a problem based with my machine....I've been down all those roads with Microsoft already,  it ran flawlessly for a good year , IE running fine, until the day Comcast put that redirect out...it's the classic case of Microsoft telling me everything is fine and like it should be, and Comcast telling me it's not their problem, it must be a Microsoft issue so, it HAS to be with my machine. 

Somehow, some way, Comcast has altered something on my machine with that "Upgrade" garbage, and it has disabled something ion IE8 or created a conflict...and they don't know what nor do they care to try fix it.  A reinstall would just hold up a new installation to the same attack that cause the problem in the first place.

Until and unless Comcast removes that redirect from the log-on procedure, I am going to continuie to have this problem.  If that advertising campaign is over, Comcast has a responsibility to clean up the junk left lying around afterwards, and get rid of the redirect altogether.  Problem solved.

What about IE9?  Is that stable yet?  I know nothing about it other than seeing it's out there...is it still beta?  I mean, instead of going through the long drawn out process of SP# uninstallation/IE8 uninstallation/IE8reinstallation/SP3 reinstallation/and the hundreds of updates since SP3, wouldn't it just me simpler to install IE9?  Or does IE9 also invoke this stupid redirect and "need to be upgraded" by Comcast?

Email Expert
CCCarole

You cannot install IE9 on an XP operating system.  But yes, it is out of beta. I will request that an Adminstrator read your posts, but possibly uninstall/reinstall is the way to go?  (IMO)

Are you current too, on all Windows Updates?

I would upgrade to the current version of Firefox as well. In FF, click on Help, About Firefox, and then check for updates.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Regular Contributor

Thank you...yes, current on all Windows updates.  I agree I shopuld do the Firefox updates, unfortunatelyt those tske up alot of time, this machine is used for business and I can't afford the idle time to do the IE8 reinstall.  BTW, the redirect does not occur with Firefox, I go right to the homepage.  But, again, I prefer IE8 over Firefox, just as a comfort thing.

Aslo, OS changes are not in the cards, I run AutoCAD and need to stay with XP

Email Expert
CCCarole

I did notify an Administrator to review your posts....

CC

Regular Contributor

I DO have a couple of burning questions for Comcast...

Are you still attempting to force people to add your tweaks to their IE browsers?  People (like me) who remember early AOL remember it literally taking over our machines, and want NO PART of alterations to our Microsoft browsers.  Is your campaign to do this still going on?

If the answer is NO, then WHY is that browser "upgrade" screen and the re-direct to it still operational?  You can't just leave outdated junk like that lying around causing problems, eliminate the redirect..it was written by you, and it's destroying access to people's home pages!  Remove the "Browser Upgrade" page entirely...it's no longer operational, none of the links take you anywhere, why just leave it laying there like an abandoned juink car in our driveways?

Take some responsibility and accountability, and clean up your mess!

Regular Contributor

I just uninstalled Firefox using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, and then clicked on the link you provided to look at my User Agent String...absolutely zero changes from when I had Firefox installed. Seems like the reference to Firefox wouild have disappeared, but I don;t really even know what I'm looking at with the User Agent String...

And, eliminating Firefox had no effect on the redirect to the dead browser upgrade screen, same problem.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

FWIW...The IE user agent string does make reference to firefox, but that is just the way it is.

If you are using IE8 on Windows XP SP3 your User Agent String would look something like this:

Forget about about that for the moment, and this is just my humble opinion but, for functionality and security, it's always good practice to use the latest browser, In your case IE8. Comcast is simply detecting either that you are using an outdated browser, or there is a problem with the browser you have installed.

Since you have uninstalled Firefox and already uninstalled/reinstalled IE8, all I can suggest is that you reinstall the latest Firefox, to try that and see if you can get to Comcast.net. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes and you can always uninstall Firefox if you don't want to keep it.

Regular Contributor

it's always good practice to use the latest browser, In your case IE8. Comcast is simply detecting either that you are using an outdated browser, or there is a problem with the browser you have installed.

That's what I'm saying, Paranoid.  I'm running IE8 Version 8.0.6001.18702.  I don't know if that's the exact up-to-the minute version, but it has to be close, I download and install all Microsoft updates as they come out.  And I did uninstall and re-install IE8 about 3 moinths back, using Add/Remove Programs in CXontrol Panel, and a fresh download from Microsot.  Now, it wasn't until after that that I heard about the unistall not actually working with XP SP3, so I don;t know if the uninstall/re-install actually workd.  I did, however, have to go through the 4-5 screen add-on and helper questionnaire that comes with IE8, swo Im assuming that I have a totally current version.

That being said, if Comcast is detecting that I have an outdated browser, their detection method is faulty, because I have the latest available,  Second, if there is a problem with the browser I have installed, it would seem I would have some form of operational issues, which I dopn't...everything works flawlessly.

I could always get to the homepage with any version of Firefox, and when I re-install the lates version, I don't expect that to change.  In IE8 I can reset my homepage to MSN.com, and every thing works perfectly, I go to MSN.com, every time.  The problem is not with my browser or my computer, it is with Comcast and their re-direct.  They need to examine and fix it, or take it down.    

What is so irritating about all of this is that the "Browser upgrade" screen I continually get re-directed to has several links to perform the "upgrade" that Comcast wants me to do so badly, but those links are all dead...they do nothing but blink when clicked on.  There is an obvious fault with the Comcast "Upgrade" page,  it is simply non-operational.  My point is, either Comcast needs to take that re-direct out of the picture, or maintain the screen it takes you to, so that users can either perform this "upgrade" or escape the screen.

I consider the homepage part of what I pay Comcast for every single month, and if I cannot access it because of a Comcast-written redirect, I am not getting all that I pay for.  Thier inaction for well over 2 years has me wanting to change ISP's, but I have no choice where I live, so my only choice is their pitifully slow bandwidth-starved "high-speed"  "service" or nothing.  And they know that, so why bother helping me?

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Yeah, you did say that Firefox worked. Hopefully someone from Comcast will reply during the week.

Regular Contributor

Firefox works, and re-naming my homepage in IE8 to anywhere else but Comcast works...it's a Comcast problem....

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Comcast has sniffed browsers for a long time. What's different now is that they no longer allow us to get to the main page with an "inferior" browser.

If I set my web browser (OmniWeb) to present as Safari, I can get to the main page and see it fine. That's not surprising since they have the same rendering engine.

The links to get Safari and Firefox do work for me on the browser upgrade page:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/browserupgrade/

By the way, you can use whatever page you want to use as a home page. Unfortunately, Comcast also won't let me see the site index page which is a fine, no frills page:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/siteindex/

Regular Contributor

So, to Comcast, the latest up-to-date version of Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 is inferior ??  Hello?  That's pretty arrogant of Comcast, but actually doesn't surprise me.

I know I can use any page I want as my homepage.  It's just that after having used Comcast's for many years, I got used to it, the layout, etc.  Then overnight, it's impossible to get to. 

This all just shows how low Comcast will stoop to try to totally control you as a customer.  They are relentless with attempts to tie up our internet service, phone, and TV, so we can pay them hundreds a month locked in with contracts.  They simply don't want our internet business unless they also get our TV and phone.  These problems never existed until their ridiculous cable prices and inferior cable service drove us to satellite TV, where we actually get our money's worth.  Instantly our internet service price nearly doubled while the speed dropped to a snail's pace, and the browser issues started.  It's basically "bundle with us or we'll make you sorry".

I cannot wait for the day some other ISP becomes available in our area.  Even the Comcast service guy who came out to repair their haphazardly installed cable told us that their infrastructure is "worse than terrible" and "totally overcrowded for the bandwidth they allot" to our area.  And I should hand them my TV and phone too?  I already only get half what I pay for.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

I apologize for the late response and the IE issues your having. Since your last post has the issue been resolved with the help of the forum?

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Regular Contributor

No, nothing has been resolved.  Running the latest version of IE8, this is what I get when I go online...redirected to this totally dead and useless piece of garbage comcast parked out there.  None of the links take you anywhere.  The problem is simple to fix, comcast needs to remove this outdated piece of space junk they left floating around out there and take the redirect out of the log-in.

Comcast Redirect.jpg

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Is there a preference setting in Internet Explorer to pretend to be some other browser?

What does it say when you go to this page http://www.thismachine.info/ which lists info about how a web site sees your browser? Don't post the info. Just determine whether it is accurate.

You shouldn't be seeing the upgrade page.

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

[ Edited ]

BethKatz wrote:

Is there a preference setting in Internet Explorer to pretend to be some other browser?

What does it say when you go to this page http://www.thismachine.info/ which lists info about how a web site sees your browser? Don't post the info. Just determine whether it is accurate.

You shouldn't be seeing the upgrade page.

Neither Internet Explorer nor Firefox have a prefence that allows you change the defualt User-Agent string.

There extensions for Firefox that will allow you change the User-Agent string and scripts are avaiable for Internet Explorer that will do the same.

That said, as I am sure you aware, mucking with the User-Agent string is not a good idea unless you know what you are doing.

PS: http://www.thismachine.info correctly identified IE9 and FF5 and my OS - Windows 7.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
Regular Contributor

This is what appears when I go to thismachine.info from IE8...I x'ed out the IP address....obviously there is something wrong here, showing that it appears I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.9...Why in the world would it say that ?  Keep in mind, this machine ran flawlessly until one day 2 years back when Comcast put out the "Browser Upgrade" page and it came up on my machine the first time.  Directly below the following is the setup info I get when I go to the same site using the latest Firefox....

First, from IE8....

------------------------------------------

What's My setup?

What browser am I using?
You appear to be using Firefox 2.0.0.9.

What operating system am I using?
You appear to be using Windows XP

What's my IP address?
Your IP address appears to be XXXXXXX

Your full setup details (your 'user agent string'):

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9

-------------------------------------

Now, using Firefox.....   What's My setup?

What browser am I using?
You appear to be using Firefox 4.0.1.

What operating system am I using?
You appear to be using Windows XP

What's my IP address?
Your IP address appears to be xxxxxxxxx

Your full setup details (your 'user agent string'):

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1

Okay, it appears we're finally getting somewhere, for some reason IE8 shows up to comcast as Firefox 2.0.0.9....So what do I do now?  I've scanned everything, I'm virus and malware-free, and I did nothing to my IE8 installation back then, other than possibly clicking on one of the upgrade links just to see where it took me (which was nowhere).  Used to be the "I don;t want to upgrade" link on the "upgrade" page would work, but that no longer works as of the day before my first post in this topic.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

[ Edited ]

Edit....>Thought I'd found something, but nah never mind.

Web Page Expert
lead5alpha

Internet Explorer stores the user agent string in the registry.  This is just a guess but at some point some program modified the user agent string for IE8 in the windows registry and that artifact is still in the registry.  As a result when comcast does it browser sniffing it triggers the upgrade page on the comcast site because your IE8 install reports the corrupted user agent.  Based on what you have described it seems the corrupted user agent string is remaining in the registry when you do an uninstall/re-install.  There is an add-on "UA-Pick" that lets you choose and change the user agent string in IE.  I have not used it and can't vouch for it.  A google search should turn up a solution for corrupted or incorrect user agent strings in the registry.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

[ Edited ]

lead5alpha wrote:

Internet Explorer stores the user agent string in the registry.  This is just a guess but at some point some program modified the user agent string for IE8 in the windows registry and that artifact is still in the registry.  As a result when comcast does it browser sniffing it triggers the upgrade page on the comcast site because your IE8 install reports the corrupted user agent.  Based on what you have described it seems the corrupted user agent string is remaining in the registry when you do an uninstall/re-install.  There is an add-on "UA-Pick" that lets you choose and change the user agent string in IE.  I have not used it and can't vouch for it.  A google search should turn up a solution for corrupted or incorrect user agent strings in the registry.

Yes that's what I found too, apparently you can press F12 in IE8 and 9, go to the tools menu from the pop up, and select "change user agent string", but this is temporary.  It should revert to what it was before on closing the browser. (use at your own risk of course)!

It either needs a permanent fix in the registry, or Comcast to drop the sniffer, as far as I can tell...

Regular Contributor

Somone posted this above.  If we know what the user string is supposed to look like, wouldn't changing it fool comcast's sniffer?  Removing the bad Firefox component in the string and replacing it with MSIE 8.0?  I'm in way over my head doing something like that, but comcast is no help.  What kinds of problems would occur if it doesn't work correctly?  Would it disable the machine, or just the browser?  If it's something I can try and then reverse if it doesn't work, I'd give it a shot if someone here with more knowledge than me (that's probably any of you) were willing to coach me on how to use the tool to change it.

Visit:
  http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

[ Edited ]

Yes, I found that from searching, thing is, it would need a permanent fix in the registry and that's a little beyond me too. Playing with the regisrty can totally mess things up. Hopefully someone can jump in....

I did try that temporary thing in IE9 and it did change the string, and reverted back to normal when I closed the browser. I don't have IE8 installed, so I couldn't test it on that.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Is this any different from the information that is provided on our personal "About" page under Statistics?

ciao, bj

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

That does show the user agent string at the bottom, never noticed that before..

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

I wasn't suggesting that people muck around with the user agent string themselves. My web browser provides that capability, but that's because it's non-standard and runs into the browser sniffers a lot.

I was wondering what agent string was being displayed. It seems that the agent string is wrong.  I don't know how it was broken, and I'd be very happy if Comcast would get rid of the browser sniffing, but I think the best course of action is to fix the web browser (IE8).

Is there a "Reset Browser Settings"? Can you reinstall the browser? 

On my Mac, all the preferences for an app are stored in one file in ~Library/Preferences/appname. I can rename that one thing by putting .old on the end while the app is closed. (I sometimes also need to rename the application support folder as well.) Then when I launch the app again, a fresh set of preferences is created. 

Is there anything like that for IE8?

Regular Contributor

Beth,

Above your post are some rplies I made containing what my current browser string looks like.  It is indeed corrupted, as it presents my browser to comcast's sniffer as a very old versaoin of Firefox instead of the latest version of IE8.  I haven't a clue how it got corrupted, but I suspect it was something done by comcast when I clicked on some of the links on the page they redirected me to.  Who really knows?

At any rate, I have reset all the browser settings to default several times to no avail.  As to a re-install of the browser, Microsoft has compicated that severely with Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.  Before SP3, one could simply unistall Ineternet Explorer and re-install it.  After service pack 3 however, to do a browser re-install, you first have to uninstall the OS Service Pack 3, then unistall IE8, re-install IE8, then re-install Service Pack 3 and the hundreds of updates to the OS put out following the SP3 introduction.  In short, the amount of time required and the chance of serious computer problems resulting from all of that make a re-install simply too big an undertaking to tackle.

Comcast sniffing browswers is bad enough, but even that would be livable if they would take out the ridirect to their "Upgrade" screen if their sniffer finds anything out of the ordinary.  Comcast used to be a good ISP, and everything worked well, until they tried to make it everything to everybdy, the XFinity hype, and deciding that the most widely used browsers in the world weren't good enough without all their "optimizations" added. 

They're headed right down the same road that AOL did early on, wanting to take over every single function of your computer with Comcast and XFinity logos plastered all over every page anbd their myriad of banners and ads.  All I have seen for two years now is their service getting slower and slower, running horrendous amounts of overhead with all their bells and whistles, and nothing works like it should.  I'm just counting the days until our area gets some competition for our internet service in place, it's the only way Comcast will allot enough bandwidth for us to surf like we should be able to for the ridiculous amounts we pay them every month.  Of course, as soon as that compoetition shows up, I'll be gone like a shot and my browser will work like it's supposed to once again.  

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

[ Edited ]

Here's an IE 8 page with problems similar to yours, you may find something there. Or ask your own question of course:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Search/Search?SearchTerm=user+agent+string&CurrentScope.ForumName...

New Visitor

this is happening to me too. What do I do to get to my home page?

New Visitor
dianabey

robert bey and diana bey this diana bey need my home page .some how i lost my home page enternet page

please to fine your home page

Visitor

I can't keep comcast.net for  my home page, I don't want another Home page. What do I do to keep Comcast.net. I am tired of this .

New Visitor
royg38

I have had trouble with my computer when my home page change to Inbox. I have no idea where this came from. My knowleage of computers is limited, and I often ask friends for help.

I will go off internet to see if the home page I put in will be there.

Email Expert
CCCarole

royg38 wrote:

I have had trouble with my computer when my home page change to Inbox. I have no idea where this came from. My knowleage of computers is limited, and I often ask friends for help.

I will go off internet to see if the home page I put in will be there.

Which browser do you use to connect to the Internet?  Internet Explorer?  If yes, which version?  To check, click on Help then click on About Internet Explorer to see which version you are using. 

Post back the results. 

It is possible too, that you don't have Internet Explorer set up to make Xfinity your homepage when you click on the Internet Explorer icon? 

CC

CC

New Visitor
irvingtonjames

cannot connect to comcast.net homepage

Email Expert
CCCarole

Whhappens ends exactly please?  Which browser/version are you using?  Have you cleared your cache?  Tried a different browser?  Can you get to it from the links at the top of this page?

Email Expert
CCCarole