Recognized Contributor
troothteller
Accepted Solution

Comcast Home Page And IE9

I run Windows 7 Premium Home Edition 64-Bit with IE9 as the default browser.  Just now I had to open IE9 without the add-ons because I could not otherwise get comcast.net, my default home page, to fully download.  Even in IE9 without the add-ons, I could not sign into my voicemail folders.  In fact, with IE9, when I was willing to wait for the home page to completely fill the window, I could not page.  Is Comcast doing something to their site to make it unavailable?  If so, we should have received some email message.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Comcast Home Page And IE9

It's still working for me, same Win 7 64bit, IE9 32bit. 

If your using the 64bit IE9, try the 32bit version.  Many complex pages do not work on 64bit IE9, but works on 32bit IE9.

It might be time to reset IE9 to default, and start over.

Recognized Contributor
troothteller

It seems to work even better with Firefox and SeaMonkey.

Recognized Contributor
troothteller

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing; but I have IE9 64-bit, which I previously thought ran with fewer add-ons.  Then, the shortcut in the lower left of my screen opens up IE9 256-bit, which has the HP Bing Bar, which gives my all-in-one more functionality.  Today, I found the IE9 256-bit, the one without any add-ons, just as slow as the other two.  I think Microsoft should hear about this.

Recognized Contributor
troothteller

Having just downgraded to IE8, I still cannot sign in to my account from your home page.  It is the 256-bit version that I have open now.  Right now the 64-bit is asking to install the Windows Media Player extension.  Through it I got in.

Recognized Contributor
troothteller

Now that I have both IE8 and Windows Media Player extension, I am going to proceed believing that yesterday's new installations repaired the problem.  Chances are IE9 needed the same ActiveX.  With an HP Printer Driver incompatible with IE9, I am better off with IE8.

Email Expert
CCCarole