New Visitor
Supergrrrl

Comcast Internet lagging

[ Edited ]

Hi, new here. I've had comcast internet for a few years now with no problems what so ever...until now. It seems that there is a lag, or pause for a few moments, in just about everything. From typing a mesage - such as this - to scrolling down a page to loading a page. I run Windows XP and I am using Firefox. I've tried typing on Word Perfect and had no problem. So I don't think it's my computer. When typing, my cursor will stop flashing for a few seconds and I have to wait for the words I just typed to show up on the screen. And I am NOT a fast typist, believe me...so it's not that.

I also noticed that videos don't play right anymore, they play sorta slow. And the sound synching is off.  Again, the lag. And then there are the animated Gifs, they too are slower now. Could Windows media player have something to do with this? I recently made that my "player of choice" or whatever.

If anyone has any info about this, knows anything I can do please let me know, Thank you.:smileyhappy:

New Visitor
williamema

Re: Comcast Internet lagging

I just got service and am disappointed that I do not get the speed I got with centurylink even though it is supposed to be higher.  A  service man came out, he made it better but not good.  He was mystified but thought the extension of cable lines to Ruckersville might have slowed things down.  I, too, have problems with videos and hulu.  Is there anything to the slow down?

Thanx

Networking Expert
Baric

Re: Comcast Internet lagging

Supergrrrl wrote:

Hi, new here. I've had comcast internet for a few years now with no problems what so ever...until now. It seems that there is a lag, or pause for a few moments, in just about everything. From typing a mesage - such as this - to scrolling down a page to loading a page. ...

If nothing else seems to be effected, then it sounds like an issue with your browser.  When was the last time you cleaned out your Internet cache, temp files, and cookies?  That's a good first place to start.  Another thing you might need in a disk defrag, that can cause all kinds of slowness issues.  Another thing to look at is your add-ons and extensions in FF, some of these are bad news and can cause problems.  do you have any?  Any installed about when the problem started?

Have you run a speed test to see how fast (or slow) your Internet connection is?  Try going to http://speedtest.comcast.net and posting the results.  If your Internet speed is slow, it might not be your browser, but your connection.