New Visitor

Comcast Tool Bar

Lost tool bar when teenage son was making "changes." Life is good again except I can't seem to get my Comcast tool bar back.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Tool Bar

IRISH328 wrote:
Lost tool bar when teenage son was making "changes." Life is good again except I can't seem to get my Comcast tool bar back.

You're son has probably done you a favor :smileywink:

But if you really want the comcast toolbar, tell us what browser you are using. If IE, at the top try clicking on view > toolbars and make sure comcast is checked. My instructions may vary depending on what browser and version you are using.

Email Expert
JR071702

In addition - if you keep them - you may want to make sure that they are up-to-date.    Some older versions of the Comcast Toolbar for Firefox are causing problems with SmartZone (e.g., not being able to move the cursor into the text area on replies).   This problem has been fixed in a recent toolbar update, so that proves the advice to keep them updated is valid.

JR

Networking Expert
Weil

In addition, I received a new Terms of Service flyer from Comcast in the mail that said that it was replacing my old one.  I was bored at the time so I read it.  I noticed that it said that all hardware AND SOFTWARE provided by Comcast was Comcast equipment and had to be returned if I terminated my service.  It also said that I could not sell Comcast equipment and if I sold my home, I had to return their "equipment".  It went on to say that I could not use Comcast "equipment" off the premises.  So, I guess a laptop with a Comcast toolbar can not be used outside the home.   (And yes, I am aware that courts do not enforce silly signs in parking lots or restaurants that deny responsibility, etc.)

sam