Recognized Contributor
Accepted Solution

Comcast tool Bar keeps disappearing

I have IE9 and WIN7. I have tried to instal the toolbar numerous times and have this happen.  It seems to install then when I close the browser and reopen it it is gone. Yet it still appears in my control panel. I went to the site that was suggested by comcast for this specific problem and same thing occured. Now what do I do to fix this besides not have a tool bar?

New Visitor
tjohns24

Re: Comcast tool Bar keeps disappearing

you are running win7    while you have an internet connection open   go to "tools" then "manage add-ons" then "service providers"    check to make sure the comcast bar has not been disabled

Recognized Contributor

I have done all that and it appears it is installed until I close the browser and reopne it and it is gone.  I have the toolbar locked and the toolbar download is still in my control panel but when it disappears it also disappears from add ons. This is driving me crazy.  I don't see what I am doing wrong.  It seems I am doing everything right.

Service Expert
Again

jeff3603 wrote:

I have done all that and it appears it is installed until I close the browser and reopne it and it is gone.  I have the toolbar locked and the toolbar download is still in my control panel but when it disappears it also disappears from add ons. This is driving me crazy.  I don't see what I am doing wrong.  It seems I am doing everything right.

I'll be honest with you, I don't use IE9 or any other version of IE, so I may be batting in the dark here.  When you go to Manage Add-ons/Toolbars and Extensions, is the Comcast Toolbar in the list?  If so, does it say it is  enabled?  If it is disabled, highlight it, and then enable it in the panel below.  Close the box and you should see the toolbar.

While the Comcast toolbar seems to be something nifty to have installed, a lot of people have problems with it and we usually suggest that it not be installed.  Besides the above suggestion, I would suggest uninstalling the version you have, download it again, and then re-install it and see if that will help.  Post back and let us know what happens.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Recognized Contributor

I have done all that numerous times.  I received a phone call from Comcast regarding this issue today and they have now escalated it to 3rd level technician.  It appears even they are stumped.  Pretty sad huh? Thanks for your reply. I think I am going to join the growing numbers and not use Comcast tool bar.  Like you said its a nifty little tool but not something I can't live without.

New Visitor
Harlan171

I am having problems added comcast tool bar.