New Visitor
mattlou67

Firefox browser keeps saying "The Connection was reset"

So for the past few days, my Firefox browser has been very slow most of the day and so many times when i try to load a page, I get a message saying,"The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." Also it goes to say," file "shell.css" is required in your "sscommon/sking/comcast/css/" directory. Check skin name in your config file, or reinstall application. If anyone can please put this into english for me and tell me what i need to do, I will be most grateful. I'm tired of sites not pulling up at times and sites just timing out.

Mac Expert
Joel

Re: Firefox browser keeps saying "The Connection was reset"

Does this happen on every site you visit, or only on (a) certain site(s)? The one example you give sounds like one site is being problematic (slow server, style sheet not loading).

Bronze Star Contributor
Ignotus

[ Edited ]

You may try loading Fx in safe mode. If it works correctly in safe mode, then that may mean that you have an extension that's causing issues. I'm not sure what all safe mode does other than not loading extensions (I think).

I was going to insert a picture, but when I click on "browse" and choose my desktop, it doesn't show any pictures. The png file is sitting on my desktop. Strange :smileyconfused:

Anyway, just go into your start menu, ALL PROGRAMS and look for MOZILLA FIREFOX and then click on MOZILLA FIREFOX (SAFE MODE).

Email Expert
JR071702

Ignotus wrote:

I was going to insert a picture, but when I click on "browse" and choose my desktop, it doesn't show any pictures. The png file is sitting on my desktop. Strange :smileyconfused:

Yeah, right now there is an issue with that function which Comcast has been made aware of.

JR