Regular Contributor

Firefox won't load comcast home page

After spending a good chunk of yesterday trying to get firefox to play nice with comcasts new home page, I am unable to get FF to load the new homepage. All I get is the blue background with "preloading preferences" running in the middle of the page. This goes on forever. Works great in IE. I'm running XP Pro, SP2, NAV 2004. Any ideas would be appreciated.
New Visitor

Re: Firefox won't load comcast home page

It seemed to load OK yesterday. Today, I updated firefox to 1.0.1 and comcast.net no longer loads.
Regular Contributor

Never mind. I went here and found a few things that helped.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser_will_not_start_up
New Visitor

Doesn't play nice with Safari either.
It loads slow as hell in every browser I've tried.
In a nutshell the new homepage sucks.

No longer my homepage, that's for sure.
New Visitor

I have 1.0, and the home page loads--but it looks terrible. Lots of blue, white empty space. Looks fine in IE. Tried this on two PCs (running XP, SP2, NAV2003 on one, NAV2005 on the other) with same result, so I think this is a Comcast/Firefox issue. For those not having this type of problem with Firefox 1.0, let us know more about your configurations.
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

> I have 1.0, and the home page loads--but it looks
> terrible. Lots of blue, white empty space. Looks fine
> in IE. Tried this on two PCs (running XP, SP2,
> NAV2003 on one, NAV2005 on the other) with same
> result, so I think this is a Comcast/Firefox issue.
> For those not having this type of problem with
> Firefox 1.0, let us know more about your
> configurations.

Try the new one. FF 1.01 that is what I have and my comcast home page looks ok to me. I did not config anything.

Naddie D
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
New Visitor

Am using FF1.01, still have problems. Tried ctrl+F5 as suggested elsewhere; that seemed to clear up the problem, but don't know why. Seems like enough people have been having similar problems so Comcast is working on problem (read something about a style sheet).
Bronze Star Contributor

I don't know why, but i had the same issue. Since i did the control + F5, it has yet to do it again. I do think its a permanent fix. Strange though that we had to do it in the first place. Comcast must have done something with the formatting.

oh well.

all is well now.
Most Valued Poster
Naddie1

You know, I set the preview page as my home page, about twor or so weeks before the Grand opeing, and I have not had one bit of trouble. ????????
Just thinking out loud.

Naddie D
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Contributor

I have FF 1.01 and have no problems with comcast.net.
Maybe your flash plug-in got messed up.
New Visitor

Whatever was wrong, seems to have gotten fixed. All works well with FF now.
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Right after Comcast rolled out the new "homepage" my FF loaded perfectly. Now I can't get the homepage to load if I am signed in. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Flash player, dumped the cache and it still won't work. I can sign in to Comcast using the "lite" version but all I get with the express version is the page trying to communicate with Comcast..."reading website" in the status line.

I would appreciate any help you could give me.
New Visitor

I continue to have intermittent problems with Comcast homepage and Firefox. Ctrl +F5 no longer solves the immediate problem.

However, when I cleared the cache that seemed to solve the problem. Since we haven't heard anything definitive from Comcast other than they are working on the problems identified (including this one), I will assume that "the problem" is a moving target.

Since not everyone has the loading problem--but a substantial number of people do--there is probably a conflict with a common software product (or products) loaded in the background of many systems. Patience--and feedback--may be the only way to ensure a long-term solution. I just hope Comcast monitors these forums....

DrBB

Message was edited by: DrBB