New Visitor
chilover4ever

Google Chrome

I just had xfinity installed yesterday and my favorite browser is Google Chrome but xfinity wants you to use IE. My favorite passtime is a game on facebook and it won't load using Chrome so I have to use IE which doesn't allow me to do things that I like to do with the game and it's recommended that you use Chrome. Is there a fix to be able to use Chrome? I also can use Firefox with this game but Chrome has always been the fastest and I definately noticed that the game just doesn't run the way it should without Chrome, it hesitates. I sure would love some input on this. Thank you.

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Google Chrome

OK a couple of different things going on here.  Firstly, Xfinity doesn't care what browser you use.  The problem with the game you want to use probably has nothing to do with Xfinity.  All they are doing is providing you with internet access.  Were you able to use Chrome with your previous service provider to play that game?

Have you cleared out your cache in Chrome?  Then restarted it?  It sounds to me more like something going on in Chrome if it works in the other browsers.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
New Visitor
pegeleg

Chrome does not work for the email in comcast ixfinity It is not the browser, it is xfinity programing to allow the browser to show correctly.  they need to update their end.

Email Expert
Latoque

It works just fine for me.  I just tried it.  There were some issues between Comcast and Chrome, but I think they have been largely resolved now.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Visitor
bdcat

Chrome is also my favorite browser and it has worked just fine ever since I had Xfinity installed - a long time ago now. I have GMail and Comcast.net tabs open all day long and they work like a charm!