Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do I erase the search history in the comcast browser?

The normal way to do it by going to View on the menu bar, then to clear history does not work!
Security Expert
CWH803

Re: How do I erase the search history in the comcast browser?

Try the of General Tab of Internet Options for IE7 and see the Browsing History and Search items.

Signature: 127.0.0.1, Sweet 127.0.0.1 and I recommend all of these Anti-malware tools and Procedures. (updated May 2010)
Contributor

There is no General Tab of Internet Options for IE7.  I just want to delete the search history from the Comcast Browser.
Service Expert
Again

nenet123 wrote:
There is no General Tab of Internet Options for IE7.  I just want to delete the search history from the Comcast Browser.

Not sure what you mean by "Comcast Browser".  Comcast doesn't have a browser.  You might have Internet Explorer that is branded by Comcast, but it would still be Internet Explorer.

In Internet Explorer if you click on Tools, you should see "Delete Browsing History".  If that doesn't work, or that's not what you're looking to do, let us know.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Contributor

When I am on the home page of Comcast (where you click to sign in to your e-mail) there is a browser.  Next to it (above the orange large search button) it says Enhanced by Google.  As soon as I put my cursor in there all the previous searches come up and that's what I want to get rid of.  When I go to Tools/Internet Options and Clear History is does NOT clear the history on the comcast search browser on the home page.
Email Expert
JR071702

nenet123 wrote:
When I am on the home page of Comcast (where you click to sign in to your e-mail) there is a browser.  Next to it (above the orange large search button) it says Enhanced by Google.  As soon as I put my cursor in there all the previous searches come up and that's what I want to get rid of.  When I go to Tools/Internet Options and Clear History is does NOT clear the history on the comcast search browser on the home page.

Have you tried highlighting one of the entries and hitting the delete key?   That removes them for me - at least in Firefox.   Should work in IE7 as well.

JR

Contributor

Yes, I've tried that and it doesn't work.  This seems like it might be easy, but I can't figure it out.
Contributor

Any other ideas?
Service Expert
Again

nenet123 wrote:

That's a search bar, not a browser, technically speaking.  See if the solution found in this thread will help you.

--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."

Connection Expert
JamesR

nenet123 wrote:

Thats a Google Tool Bar that has been added to your Internet Explorer.

I don't have the same toolbar that you are seeing, Mine is the MSN toolbar.

Possibilities:

Right click in the box to see if you get an option to "delete" search history

Google "delete google search history" for instructions on how to clear google search box

Delete the Google Tool Bar (Google "uninstall google toolbar")

Go up on the Google Forums and post your request there

Service Expert
Again

JMCS wrote:

nenet123 wrote:

Thats a Google Tool Bar that has been added to your Internet Explorer.

I don't have the same toolbar that you are seeing, Mine is the MSN toolbar.

Possibilities:

Right click in the box to see if you get an option to "delete" search history

Google "delete google search history" for instructions on how to clear google search box

Delete the Google Tool Bar (Google "uninstall google toolbar")

Go up on the Google Forums and post your request there

Actually, on the comcast.net homepage the OP posted what they see.  This wasn't a toolbar issue. 

--- Lao Tzu ---

Connection Expert
JamesR

I don't see where the op posted a graphic like that.

The graphic you have there is from the upper right and the OP is talking about a    "Google Ehabled search box in the Upper Left (above the email login)"

That would seem to indicate a Google Toolbar similar to the MSN toolbar.

take care

Service Expert
Again

JMCS wrote:

I don't see where the op posted a graphic like that.

The graphic you have there is from the upper right and the OP is talking about a    "Google Ehabled search box in the Upper Left (above the email login)"

That would seem to indicate a Google Toolbar similar to the MSN toolbar.

take care

No, the graphic is not in the upper right of the comcast.net homepage.  It's right dab smack in the middle of the top.  And yes, what I posted was exactly what the OP was talking about.  Read the thread carefully.  This wasn't a "toolbar" issue.  Look at his/her very first post about the "comcast browser".  Next, look at message #5 where they say specifically "Next to it (above the orange large search button) it says Enhanced by Google."   Look at my graphic.  Right above the orange large search button it says Enhanced by Google.  This was not a toolbar issue.

--- Lao Tzu ---

Connection Expert
JamesR

I apologize for upsetting you!

We obviously are pulling up different Comcast.net home pages, because i do not have that graphic anywhere on my screen when I go to www.comcast.net

I was going by the post where the op said "above the email Login" which on my home page is in the upper left. 

Again, you have my apologies, it was not my intent to evoke your anger.

Service Expert
Again

This isn't the portal page [top screenshot] that you're seeing?  It's been around for a number of months now.

--- Lao Tzu ---

Connection Expert
JamesR

Oops!  I'm vision impaired so I use the MS accessibility options to flip colors and apparently portions of the Comcast Home Page don't play nicely with those options because that whole area with the comcast search box is invisible to me.  I had one of my little hench people take a look and sure enough there it was.

bummer

Does that search box accumulate history?  Can to OP not right click and delete history?

Service Expert
Again

Ah....that might be it, then, with the MSA and colors.  Do you also use the magnifier?

We gave the OP the instructions for clearing that area, but they didn't come back to say whether or not it worked.

--- Lao Tzu ---

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]
Nenet123-Have you checked Internet Options/Content tab/Auto Complete/Settings to see if any of them are ticked?
Message Edited by CCCarole on 03-11-2009 01:27 PM

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Connection Expert
JamesR

Magnification isn't a problem.  I just hit ctrl + to blow up the screen.

What I do is swithch to High contrast Bright Green on blank which cuts down on the glare.  Light grey on white is invisible to me so I flip the colors as above. Most pars of the web sites work just just fine but once in a while they all just go black on black. 

Glad you resolved the issue for the OP

Connection Expert
JamesR

Only things checked are Web addresses and UID and PW

Contributor

JMCS,

Thank you.  It worked!  I right clicked and the small  "window" of undo, cut, copy, paste, delete, select all came up and all I did was click on delete and it worked.  So simple, thank you so much.

*it

Contributor

Carole,

No that didn't work but thanks for the suggestion.  What worked was:

I right clicked and the small  "window" of undo, cut, copy, paste, delete, select all came up and all I did was click on delete.

*it

Connection Expert
JamesR

nenet123 wrote:

JMCS,

Thank you.  It worked!  I right clicked and the small  "window" of undo, cut, copy, paste, delete, select all came up and all I did was click on delete and it worked.  So simple, thank you so much.

*it

Glad it worked for you!