Recognized Contributor

Internet Explorer 9 Comcast Support

Internet Explorer 9 was introduced last week, the final version I guess. It was my understanding Comcast was not going to support it until the final version was introduced.

Any idea when it will be supported? I don't want to install it until it's supported.

Thanks!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Internet Explorer 9 Comcast Support

I've never seen Comcast offer support for a new browser quickly, following it's final release.  You might be waiting quite awhile to install IE9.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

DON'T INSTALL IT UNTIL YOU'RE TOLD BY COMCAST THAT IT'S COMPATIBLE!!!!  I did and then was unable to access the internet!  (Reported a couple of missing files which I could not find to install).  Clicking on the IE9 icon got no response.  I had to remove IE9 and then re-install Win7 to get the internet back up and running.....but I was also left with the necessity of re-installing numerous programs, etc. because of the re-installation.    WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

[ Edited ]

There are no issues accessing the internet from Internet Explorer 9 from Comcast.

There is, however, an issue with posting in the Comcast forums. Until the issue with Lithium and IE ( are resolved you will need to either use an alternate browser, or hold off installing IE 9.

I use Firefox 4.0 as my primary browser, but I also have IE9 installed.

Added: If you run IE 9 in compatibility mode for forums.comcast.net, it will function as expected.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
Contributor

After installing IE9 my comcast home page is "requiring" a flash player upgrade.  The active x install doesn't work and a manual install of Flash Player does not resolve this issue.  Still request upgrade. Have tried several times.  uninstalling IE9 and using IE8 solves the assue.

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

[ Edited ]

What is the home page URL that is giving you the request to upgrade?

Also, what version of Windows are you using?

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Contributor

Using Windows 7

1. My start page is www.comcast.net on the R side is the video player and that is the place that says an update to Flash Player is necessary.
Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, LPP. I could not figure out why I could not post. Lets see if this works. If it does, I will edit.

Success! IE9 in compatiblilty mode lets me post. The compatability mode is invoked by the icon in the address bar that looks like a line graph.

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

There is an ad there that uses Flash. I just checked and have no problems. WIndows 7 SP1, ULT, IE9.

Use Program and Features control panel to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player Active X. Do not uninstall the plugin if you have it, It's used for Firefox.

Then download and reinstall the current version. It was just release and you'll find  it here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Mark Twain

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Blue Two, instead of using the compatibility mode icon in the address bar each time,  you can do the following:

While on a forum page,  choose Tools  at the top  of the page.

Click on Compatibility View Settings.    

You should see the forum URL listed in the box under Add this website.

If not add the URL of the page.

Click Add, then Close.

It's set to always view in compatibility mode.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

I am using Internet Explorer 9 right now but I am having trouble accessing my email folders (screen changes and freezes) so I am going back to version 8

Email Expert
CCCarole

Jim,

Did you try compatibility View already?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

I did try compatibility view but with no success. I am back to using IE 8 and can log in fine now.

Regular Contributor

-I, downloaded IE9- it is a complete mess. Went Back to IE8.