New Visitor
UnicornSnoopy

Internet Explorer keeps shutting down

Does anyone have trouble with the internet explorer shutting down?

New Visitor

Re: Internet Explorer keeps shutting down

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor

yes

New Visitor
Smokenrose

Shutting Down constantly.  I have two computers;

Gateway Laptop and a NoteBook.  Comcast says

it must be my computers, NOT their system.  I check

with two of my neighbors = SAME BS.

Regular Problem Solver
DoubleG

It would be helpful if we had information on what windows version you are running, what versions of IE you are using and has anybody tried using another browser such as Chome or FireFox to see if that same problem occurs with another browser.

New Visitor
Smokenrose

I have Windows Vista / intel Pentium, and IE ( Have tried with GoogleChrome / FireFox ).

ALSO, Now my COMCAST / Infinity provider : says I cannot do a BackUp?

My Username / password does NOT work anymore!?  For two days Iv'e been trying to BACKUP.

Contributor

i've been having troubles latrly

New Visitor
ceb123

I keep having the same problem.  My internet explorer keeps shutting down also.  What is the solution to this problem?

Contributor
comtrash

Everybody stop using IE hackers love it. Reinstall ie to get it working right. Then INSTALL FIREFOX hackers hate it vary hard to hack. Has a lot of ad ons. One good one is adblock. Let me know if you like it. Good luck.

New Visitor
ceb123

I prefer internet explorer over others. I don't understand why I have to change. Why doesn't internet explorer work correctly?
Contributor
comtrash

I had i.e. for a long time and it would say i.e. stop working. I.E. is far behind firefox. Firebox always updating. If you kept ie you will half to work on it all the time.

Contributor

windows 7 with i-e11,i aways have connection problems i'm always getting along running script message, what can be done to correct this ?

New Visitor
magicmike19

So thats comcast solution to this problem??????????stop using IE????  I have windows 7 and IE 11 and it ONLY crashes when i am on xfinity, so the problem is not our software!!! Its not our computers!!!!!!  It is XFINITY.COM.....This problem started when xfinity made nice with netflix so their download speeds would be faster,,,I guess the netflix customers are more important then comcast members,,,,i pay a lot of money over 200 a month and I WANT TO WATCH A 45 MIN SHOW IN 45 MINS NOT 2 HOURS...IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK????????????

Really cause if it is i will save myself 150 a month and switch to direct tv

Visitor
crackerfuzz

I have been having the same problem since Mother's Day.  I spent all night on a help website that was supposed to have a "fix" manually to the problem.  What it boiled down to was the option to change from IE 11 to another browser.  I do not want to change.  Finally I called my Signature Support team from Xfinity and he told me that after the last Microsoft Security update that there was an incompatibility problem with the update and the IE11 browser.  He also said that there was nothing that Norton, Signature Support/Xfinity could do.  That it was a problem that Microsoft was supposedly working on and that they would have to come to a solution.  I am STILL having problems with trying to watch videos, and the connection breaking, having to restart, refresh, etc.  It will work for a day or so, and then I am back on with Norton because it will not let me run a full system scan on my computer.  It gives an error message, and they can do something at their end that is a temporary fix, and then it will happen again.  Basically, the last tech I spoke to Yesterday, they have all my incidents on file, said that I will just have to keep calling for this temporary fix until Microsoft comes up with a fix for this "problem" with connectivity.  I am running on Windows 8.1, using IE 11 and do not want to change my browser.  I want Microsoft to get it together and fix this.  My computer is also so slow it is unbelievable.  Signature Support has gone in and says there isn't anything wrong with things on their end, it says my speed shows that it is at optimum.  That is a laugh.  It takes so long for a page to load, I feel like I have dial up.  We are paying an unbelievable price for TV, Internet and phone, and this is really bad business for whoever is responsible.  Thank you for any help, because, when something goes wrong with the computer, my husband seems to think I am responsible.  I am tired of getting a tongue lashing for something that I cannot fix.  Please, help.  Have them take the "fix" or "update" off.  There must be something that can be done.......

New Visitor
magicmike19

Girl you are so right. i still cant watch a full show, have to refresh constantly, it just a pain and im checking into other providers.my friend pays Sprint 50.00 a month and has internet whereever he goes, at this point the only luxery xfinity provides is watching full seasons of some shows and movies.  just got netflix for 17.00  get full streamimg online which  have NO PROBLEMS WITH and 1 dvd in the mail which means i can pretty much do everything xfinity does for 67.00 a month not 220.00 what is wrong with me? all the networks show all their shows for free pretty much just have to wait 8 days which is about as long as it takes me to watch 1 show on xfinity. im still shopping  hope things get settled soon so your hubby can stop toungeing you the wrong way lol

Contributor
comtrash

Use ie10. Reset ie and use ccleaner. Hope that helps.... 

New Visitor
powers43

Yes every one in my house does it is always booting us off and well I am at it you was to shut off the show time and the HBO over a year ago and it was never done
So you should do something about that and for the issue that I have had from day one we have never been able to access are cable in are up
Stairs and my wife has a number of times because I work and I gave permission for her to call but when she calls to cancel then she is told
She is not the one to be calling well you need to figure out the bill from when she called to have it canceled and deduct it off my bill. And we
Are still waiting on that $200.00 Visa card we was promised when we got xfinitiy hooked up and it's a very poor services I don't recommend to any one cause you don't keep your word. THANK YOU SCOTT B POWERS
Visitor
crackerfuzz

Well, here is another question.....maybe the answer is simple, but I am wondering why all of us are here trying to figure out what the issue is with I.E., and connectivity problems, and we are all giving descriptions of just what we are using, and what the messages are, all the things that they said we should be telling them, and we haven't heard anything more from any of the providers of any of the services that are all pointing fingers at one another.  We are just sort of bouncing alternatives back and forth off of one another, when NONE of us should be fixing this problem.  It sounds like someone in tech support of one of the companies should be working on this, not us, though I do certainly appreciate all that each and every one of you has tipped me.  It just doesn't seem like this should be something we all are supposed to find an answer to.  Isn't that what they are there for?  Though, as I said, none of us really seems to know any more than they who started the problem, and it doesn't seem like they are doing any more to try to figure it out except to go backward and use an old version, or switch our browsers completely, which doesn't seem like a "solution" but just doing something that neither my husband, nor I want to do.  We seem to all be going backward here.  Not forward to a definate "fix".  Am I the only one who feels this way?  We are going on, well, since Mothers Day since this started happening to us here at our house, and I have not seen on our bill any "inconveniece reimbursements" for all the hours I have spent either on the phone waiting for someone to "reset" my connection, which inevitably just goes back to a connectivity problem in a few days, or trying to fumble my way around trying to fix something that I know nothing about, and meanwhile, we are frustrated because we can't see what we are paying for due to having to "refresh" about every twenty minutes or so.  Am I nuts?  I am really not trying to be a cyberbitch here, but something is just wrong with this whole picture on many different levels.  C'mon: Norton, Xfinity, Microsoft, get your stories straight and your acts together, because it isn't something that we, as paying (a lot of cash I might add) customers are supposed to be doing ourselves.  Right or wrong here?  If wrong, I will shut my mouth and just sit here with my thumb somewhere I don't want it and wait for a miracle to happen.  All the while paying for what we are NOT RECIEVING 24/7.  Thanks for all you "cyber friends have suggested and listened to me vent......LOL"  You have all been great, sincerely.  : )