Contributor

Internet explorer won't let me download the Adobe macromedia flash.

How do I change my internet options so I can get internet explorer to let me download Adobe Macromedia flash player? I get the message from Adobe that installation was complete, but then I get the info bar from internet explorer that says it wouldn't let installation the complete because the active X is unsafe.
Email Expert
madylarian

Re: Internet explorer won't let me download the Adobe macromedia flash.

sunny121 wrote:
How do I change my internet options so I can get internet explorer to let me download Adobe Macromedia flash player? I get the message from Adobe that installation was complete, but then I get the info bar from internet explorer that says it wouldn't let installation the complete because the active X is unsafe.

It sounds like whatever security program you are using has blocked ActiveX, which not such a bad thing, btw.  However, without knowing what you are using it's hard to tell you exactly how to allow the Adobe to run.

mady
Honi soit qui mal y pense
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I finally figured it out with some digging on the Adobe support site. I had to uninstall the flash player then reinstall it & now it works great!
Most Valued Poster
runnoft

Good detective work, and what I would have suggested.  This is a common solution to your common problem.  You often have to uninstall it and reinstall the latest downloaded version it to get it to work.