Contributor
Accepted Solution

List of Favorites on Home Page

When I log on to Internet Explorer my Home Page doesn't show a list of my Favorites.  Until today I was able to do so. 

Can anyone help me?.

J Kennedy

Regular Problem Solver
jjv124

Re: List of Favorites on Home Page

Which browser are you using?  Did it just update to a new version?
Regular Problem Solver
slouke

In the upper left of the browser screen, look for the yellow star with the word Favorites next to it.  Click on it.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Do you mean favorites that was listed next to File, Edit, etc?

If so, do you still see File, Edit, Tools, and Help?

If none of those show up, right click in an empty portion of the line that has the yellow star, home icon, etc. Click on Menu Bar and they should be restored.

Alternate method, click on Tools/Toolbars and choose Menu Bar.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

I can do all of that. 

Until a couple of days ago, when I logged on to the Internet Explor (8) automatically a list of my favorites would appear.  Now they don't and I have to resort to your solution.

Can you help?

Contributor

I log on to comcast.net...... Internet Explor 8, and until a couple of days ago when I logged on, automatically the List of Favorites appeared.  Now they  dont.

Email Expert
CCCarole

lonesome1 wrote:

I log on to comcast.net...... Internet Explor 8, and until a couple of days ago when I logged on, automatically the List of Favorites appeared.  Now they  dont.

Favs

Are you not seeing any of the text as shown above for Favorites, the Favorites bar, etc? OR the bar above it that has File, Edit, View Favorites, Tools, Help?

Right click on the gray area, then click on the words menu bar. A check mark should now appear infront of those words when click on a gray area again. Do not uncheck it.

Please tell us what you do see below the address bar ( where you enter a website address)

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

I see the following below my address bar:

Comcast       Search etc.......l

Google          Search etc........

Favorites       Comcast .net

I know that I can click on Favorites to get the Favorite List, But it used to appear automatically as soon as I logged on.

Connection Expert
JamesR

Might try turning on the Favorites Bar. 

Go to the upper right and click on Tools then click on toolbars and choose Favorites Bar.

Contributor

Thank you for your help, you are a genius.... After countless useless calls to Comcast, you are the one/s who solved the problem.  When I log on to the Internet Explorer, my list of Favorites automatially come up.  Thank you again..

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year... to all

Connection Expert
JamesR

Glad it's working for you. 

Merry Christmas

New Visitor

thanks!!!

Connection Expert
JamesR

stroopiestef wrote:

thanks!!!

You are very welcome.:smileycool:

Visitor

Thank you so much!!  I did an upgrade a few days ago, and my usual toolbars with 'favorites' were gone.  The gold star was the answer - got my toolbars with fav back up!  Thanks so much!

New Visitor
babysox

Something updated and now my home screen looks totally different and my Favorites are gone and this is very distressing - please help me put it back like it was and not loose my Favorites.  Thanks!  Gayle

Email Expert
CCCarole

babysox wrote:

Something updated and now my home screen looks totally different and my Favorites are gone and this is very distressing - please help me put it back like it was and not loose my Favorites.  Thanks!  Gayle

You didn't tell us which browser you are using?  Interent Explorer, Firefox, Chrome?  Or which homepage?  (www.comcast.net???)

Did you read the posts above yours?

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
johnvick

looking for favorites you took away with upgraded page

your solution says go to tools god; then click on tool bars but that option is not avaible there

New Visitor
johnvick

don't work??????????

Email Expert
CCCarole

John

Which browser, and which version of that browser are you using?  Internet Explorer?  Try right clicking on a a blank area of the 'gray' area at the top of the window.  You should see Favorites bar in the list.  Check it.

New Visitor
babysox

I got my favorites bar back!!  I clicked on the Tools option in the top right area of my screen.  Then I clicked on Explorer bars and then Favorites.  And now my Favorites Bar is back on the left side of my screen!!  I'm so happy!  babysox

New Visitor
pattipat4

I have lost my tool bar and my favorites options......What do I do to restore tese items..........Also everytime I log in the format seems to change and too many things have been adjusted from Comcast.

Pat Craft

Email Expert
CCCarole

pattipat4 wrote:

I have lost my tool bar and my favorites options......What do I do to restore tese items..........Also everytime I log in the format seems to change and too many things have been adjusted from Comcast.

Pat Craft

Do you have the little yellow star on the far left side?  If you do click it.  If not, right click on a blank area at the top of Internet Explorer and click on Menu bar.

RE;  The format:  You will need to explain in detail what your problems are with the format?  By format, do you mean the Comcast homepage?  What has been adjusted by Comcast?

Service Expert
Bartleby

Just a guess on the last poster's login and changes complaint...but I'll bet it's a reference to XFINITY Connect.

(The look of the main site and other Comcast properties hasn't changed much, from what I can tell.)

And pattipat4 should have had a hard look at the earlier posts in this thread, IMO.

Visitor

Unable to find my fovorites...was able to do so until today? What happened?????  NEED THEM NOW!!

Service Expert
Again

Gregbrady wrote:

Unable to find my fovorites...was able to do so until today? What happened?????  NEED THEM NOW!!

What favorites where and when was the last time you accessed them?  We're not sitting at your computer so it's a little hard to understand what you're asking unless you can be specific.  Are you talking about Favorites in your IE browser or elsewhere?

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---

"I am you and you are me. Teach me about you and I will teach you about me, and we'll find we aren't so different after all."
--- © James Scott 2012

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

This is for Interent Explorer:

Place your cursor at the end of your address bar OR an empty spot just above the address bar. RIGHT click.

Check Menu bar. If you don't have the Command bar, check it also.

ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 09 16.20.gif

OR

If you have Tools under the address bar click Tools/Toolbars and choose Menu Bar. This is tools on the Command bar.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
reunitedangel

there is no * on the upper rt. of home page.

Email Expert
CCCarole

reunitedangel wrote:

there is no * on the upper rt. of home page.

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using please?

When you typed *, are you referring to the small gold star??

Did you read the other post I made in this thread?

Do you have the little yellow star on the far left side?  If you do click it.  If not, right click on a blank area at the top of Internet Explorer and click on Menu bar.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Image in my post above has been put back in the post.

One of the options in it will work for you.                                         

New Visitor

Yes, that's what happened, I updated my security and Google took over my home page from Comcast, how do I get to my favorites?

Contributor

My system was upgraded and the FAVORITES disappeared from the main opening page.

Contributor

It disappeared.

Contributor

I have the BING display which I cannot stand. it does not have FILE, etc.

Contributor

I do not see an empty portion of the line that has the yellow star, home icon,

Contributor

The BING dis;play does not have Alternate method, click on Tools/Toolbars and choose Menu Bar

Contributor

How do I get rid of BING?

Regular Problem Solver
DoubleG

Start here.....Clickable link

Visitor

I just updated my browser and lost all my favorites. Help, Please!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

gb, when you say you lost your favorites do you mean the icon for Favorites or the word Favorites is not showing? If this is the case and you use Internet Explorer it is very easy to get it back.

Scroll up this page. See my previous post (message #26) for instructions on how to get it back.

New Visitor
Grokk

Tx:smileyhappy:

Connection Expert
EG
Connection Expert
EG

Four year old thread closed.