Contributor

New Xfinity Browser - where do I get it

Until yesterday I had no problem viewing movies on my computer with Xfinity.

Now I cannot watch anything because I keep getting a message I need to download the "new exfinity browser to get the "HD like" experience. I don't care about the HD like experience I just want to be able to watch movie I pay a premium to watch on my computer. Now I cannot watch anything and this "new Xfinity Browser" cannot be found.

Any help or ideas out there?

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

Re: New Xfinity Browser - where do I get it

What browswer are you using? Comcast doesn't make a browser, but may be complaining that your browser is too old. It could also be due to an out-of-date plug-in, probably Flash or Silverlight, used to view video.

Contributor

I am using Ie9.

It was working fine until a few days ago. It says to install the latest version of silverlight. which I installed and it promptly told me that silverlight in incompatiable with the 64bit system. ???? Silverlight is a microsoft product. why would you put a microsoft plug in out there that is incompatible with your own computers? 

Silver Problem Solver
andyross

According to Microsoft, Silverlight is 64-bit compatible. Did you go to microsoft.com/silverlight and do the download and install?

Connection Expert
EG