Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Re:How to block "comcast infinity ads"..

I would love to know how to block those ads, but unfortunately, I am unable to open this post..:smileysad:

I'm able to open and read all other posts here in this forum. 

I realize that this is an insignificant happening, but would appreciate any clues. :smileyhappy:

ciao, bj 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Re:How to block "comcast infinity ads"..

bj-

I'm able to open the post in both IE8 and FF.  Here is the content of the post below .Do you have compatability mode on in IE8? No one responded to that post.  I don't actually know what an 'Comcast Infinity Ad' is, or where exactly the OP is seeing them.  Can you tell me where you see them please?  This sounds like a pop-up, but can't be sure without more details.  Do you have pop-ups blocked?

As to why you can't open that post.... No clue.

CC

I keep getting these Comcast Infinity Ads that ghost my internet for 18 seconds while I have to read the ad again.    I must get 20 an hour.  How do I turn these things off?  I've gone to using my cell phone for internet access now.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
mikford

I would also like to know how to stop them.

I have tried the advanced settings and removed comcast from the allowed sites,

but that is ignored and I still get the ads for their xfinity tv service each and every

time I open the home page window, right in the middle of the screen.

My only option now is to change my home page and email account to another one.

It will be a pain, but it seems comcast has left me no choice.  

Networking Expert
Baric

if you are using Firefox, just install Adblock Plus.  This is an indispensible extension for general surfing.

Visitor

I have the same issue - only it reads "Monterey Bay" and tries to con me into going somewhere in  competition with the website I'm looking at. At the bottom there is a small grey notation "why am I getting this?" and when I click on that it takes me to the Comcast "Customer Service"less screen where there is no information on why I'm being inflicted with this popup or how to get rid of it. grrrrrrr

Visitor

I have Firefox and use AdBlock and update regularly. I still have that annoying popup.

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

:smileygrin: Before one of the forum police locks this thread, going back to the original purpose of this thread, I have been unable to open another thread recently..   I forget the location, but the Subject was Obama Ads (?)... 

I still have no clue as to why I periodiocally am unable to open certain threads..  :smileyshocked:

ciao, bj