Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

Who's Online forums.comcast.net

Using only 1 web browser and signed in wtth 1 "Nick id" why do I see multiple Nicks id in Who's Online .

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Who's Online forums.comcast.net

I don't know why the same person is listed more than once. I do know that in the past when I've viewed all online I have seen my name there in triplicate.

Here is what I saw for you when I looked after I read your post:

who's online.PNG

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

[ Edited ]

Thank you for confirming that . When i first opened post to see what you wrote there was image of 3 . I signed back online to reply and now have lost the image in post .    OK had html on ignore in prefs image there now

ty for your reply

Networking Expert
Baric

That's weird.  I have never seen triplicate entries like this, but I hardly ever use the Who's Online View All link.  I just tried it and everyone who is listed has only one entry, including me.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

I don't look at it very often. I just saw my name there 3 times when I was curious about who WAS online. That was the first time I'd ever checked out that feature.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Problem Solver
cjortega

If I log in, browse a little, then close the browser, wait a little while, then log in again, I see two of me in 'View all'.

I haven't tried logging out instead of just closing the browser, That's the next test.  :-)

I suspect that the system doesn't do a 'garbage collect' very often, so old info hangs around for a while.

--
Claude
Regular Problem Solver
cjortega

Ok, test complete.

If I log in, browse, log out, close the browser, then log in again, I see only one of me in 'View all'.

So, if I log in, browse, then just close the browser without logging out, the system has to wait for the inactivity timer to run out to remove the entry in 'View all'.

--
Claude
Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

How long does it take for inactivity timer to clean out server ?

Regular Problem Solver
cjortega

UHFhd wrote:

How long does it take for inactivity timer to clean out server ?

In the past, users have complained about being logged off if they took too long to compose a message.

I think that that timer was about 20 minutes, so the inactivity timer that I mentioned might be the same.

One of the Comcast mods might check that out for us.

--
Claude