New Visitor
258joe

Xfinity Home page

I want to re arrange the panels in my Xfinity Home page.  I want new and finance at the top, videos and entertainment gone or at the bottom.

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

Re: Xfinity Home page

You cannot customize the layout of the Comcast homepage at http://xfinity.comcast.net/.

If you are referring to a different page, please post the URL.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
Email Expert
CCCarole

There used to be a homepage that could be customized- But it was never released from Beta testing, and I believe it is no longer available.  It was called MyComcast...

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

It's really too bad we can't customize the xfinity home page. I hate looking at ridiculous headlines about Paris Hilton and Bristol Palin everytime I want to read my e-mail...

New Visitor
jabe421

Why on earth would you want the Xfinity Home page when there is google, yahoo, msn, ect that have been doing home pages for 10+ years?

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

One of the many reasons that I use Astronomy Picture of the Day for a home page:

http://129.164.179.22/apod/ap110618.html

Every day is an education in itself.. :smileyhappy:

ciao, bj

Email Expert
Latoque

jabe421 wrote:

Why on earth would you want the Xfinity Home page when there is google, yahoo, msn, ect that have been doing home pages for 10+ years?

Not only that, but if he'd use  a client like Windows Mail, Mac Mail or Thunderbird, they bypass the home page entirely and go straight to the email.

I use iGoogle in Safari, and My yahoo in Firefox.  Much easier on the eyes than the stark Comcast page.  And completely customizable.  I really find it hard to understand why an outfit as big as Comcast can't at least equal the competition when it comes to better bells and whistles.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Recognized Contributor

MyComcast still works for me.

New Visitor
pojohn

make xfinity my home page

Email Expert
CCCarole

[ Edited ]

pojohn wrote:

make xfinity my home page

If you want Xfinity.com to be your homepage, you  have to make it your homepage yourself- in your browser settings.  If you use Internet Explorer, click on Tools>Internet Options.  When the window opens, at the top of the page where it says Home[page, type in the url for the Xfinity.comcast.com

If you don't use Internet Explorer, post back with which browser you are using.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

I totally agree with you. I hated MSN because they disguise stupid celebrity stories as real news by making up "interesting" headlines. Then, when you click on these bogus headlines you're not taken to a news story, you're taken to "Bing" search result with key words that are in those phony headlines. I have no interest in irrelevant "Bing" searches.

Now Comcast / Xfinity is using simillar tactics. They post seemingly legit headlines but, when you click on them, you are taken to a full-length episode of some crappy on-demand reality show.

Why can't we opt out? I hate celebrity gossip!!!!!!!!

Bronze Problem Solver
DoubleG

You can try igoogle as your home page or anyone of hundreds out here. You don't have to use Comcast.

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

jerryschwartz wrote:

MyComcast still works for me.

No longer.

I used to use MyComcast precisely because it was customizable: hard news, financial news, etc. No "JLo will have birthmark removed, wed bat boy in 2012 say astrologers."

New Visitor

I understand completely what you are saying. I do NOT use xfinity as my homepage, but I need to look at it when I go to my email, so it would be nice to see other stuff.

Comcast email works best for me and has the least junk delivered out of all email providers I have used in the last 20 years. But I hate xfinity and the way it works and the way it looks.