Visitor

content is currently unavailable on cbs.com videos

I am unable to watch any videos from cbs.com for the last several weeks.I continually get a voice message "the content is not available". I have tried other computers in the house and still no luck. Also have had a friend in the area who also has comcast high spped internet and he has the same issue. I used windows XP. I get the same results from IE and Firefox. I read on other forums it's a 'comcast issue'  - - maybe something about the server not being local?  Another friend in Chicago who also has comcast had no trouble watching videos from cbs.com online. I AM able to watch videos from other tv network websites - and any other video - - just not from cbs.com.  I have emailed them - but have not gotten a response.

I'd appreciate any help.

I have tried clearning the cache, Making sure flash, etc etc is updated. And nothing was changed with the firewall. About 3 weeks ago I could watch - but since then nothing! I have only had comcast for a month - so this is frustrating.

Thanks to anyone who has a solution!

Visitor

Re: content is currently unavailable on cbs.com videos

I live in the Franklin TN area - just south of Nashville. Forgot to add that info. It may help if it's a local comcast issue. I did talk with techs at comcast and they didn't know of any reason why it doesn't work. .....
Most Valued Poster
BluegrassMan

It's a problem on CBS' end. I get the same message.
Firefox 3
Security Expert
CajunTek

BluegrassMan wrote:

Hmm may be on Comcast's end.. Works fine for me.
TANSTAAFL!!

Most Valued Poster
BluegrassMan

[ Edited ]

CajunTek wrote:

BluegrassMan wrote:

Hmm may be on Comcast's end.. Works fine for me.

I'm not sure CT, the video player on the site actually plays the message with audio??

Edit: FWIW, it's working for me now too.

Message Edited by BluegrassMan on 04-14-2008 08:03 AM
Firefox 3
Regular Contributor

Seems to work on my end.
Visitor

It is NOW working - started to about 4 days ago. I contacted cbs interactive again and they said they sent the results of their tests to comcast. Apparently the  problem was found then and corrected by comcast. It was a comcast issue. Just glad it's fixed!! Thanks to all for suggestions.