Contributor

new browser opening every time I sign in to email

every time today that I sign in to my email comcast opens a new browser window at the bottom of my screen. If I'm on the homepage and click email I get a new browser. what's going on?

Regular Contributor
Anon1435345

Re: new browser opening every time I sign in to email

[ Edited ]

I  am having the same issues and it is very irritating. Yet, at the top of ths forum there is a link to email and it does not open in a new window.

Contributor

Same problem, just started, very annoying.  Comcast can you fix this?

Official Employee
ComcastJoe

cadp52 wrote:

Same problem, just started, very annoying.  Comcast can you fix this?

There have been some updates to the site that is affecting navigation. Not all users will be seeing these changes. If a new tab is opening when you are going to your account, e-mail, TV listings, and a few other links, this is normal behavior.

If they are opening in a new window and you rather have it appear in a new tab or vice versa, please post your web browser and I can walk you through how to do this.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

New window is opening.  Would like new tab to open which is what happened before the navigation changes.  Use IE 8.

Regular Contributor
Anon1435345

The email link is opening in a NEW window. In the recent past the email would open in the SAME window not a different window under a new tab. Why has this been changed. It is annoying to have a new window open.

Gary

Visitor
jeffbfapa

[ Edited ]

So, there will be no correction to the problem of having Comcast open multiple windows for every action you take off the home page?

I want 1 Comcast Tab open only, not 2 or 3 or 4.  I am using the latest version of Firefox.

Please fix this......

Contributor
luv2cycle

I spent 30 minutes with online support a couple of days ago only to be told that the problem was my computer. I use IE8 and the opening of multiple new windows is not acceptable. Please open an issue for Comcast to fix this problem. Thanks.

Contributor

This has been happening for a while now. very frustrating. I keep hoping comcast will figure this out.

even to close the new window of email to change email addresses it opens yet a third window.  !!.

Regular Contributor
Anon1435345

Comcast won't do anything about this issue as they could care less. Comcast knows that that they will still be able to steal our money with exagerated prices no matter how happy or miffed we are with thier system.I am starting to really hate comcast.

Visitor
jeffbfapa

I actually Like Comcast.  I have had excellant customer support and I feel as though I'm getting a good value for the services I use, Internet, TV, phone.

I am optimistic that Comcast will continue their high level of Customer Service and resolve this issue quickly.

Comcast - please don't prove me wrong on this.

Regular Contributor
Anon1435345

You the first person I have ever heard that thinks they are getting good value. Most complain of the high cost. I am pying $140 amonth for cable and internet and I do not have any premium channels.To me that is very high. I was planning on switching to dish network but keep the internet. Then I get told by comcast if I do that they will raisemy internet to $70 a month. Thieves is what comcast is becoming. It will cost me the same to have dish but at least comcast won't be getting somuch of my  money.

Visitor
jeffbfapa

[ Edited ]

I called to see if I was on the most economical plan available for the services I am using from Comcast.

I have all 3 services, but for some reason, I was not "bundled."

I now pay $175 per month with an upgraded internet speed, full TV (without all the sports channels), 4 premium channels and 2 phone lines.

It might be worth a call to Customer Service to see what they can do for you.

As I mentioned, I have had nothing but great Customer Service everytime I call.

FWIW, I'm in the Denver, CO area.

New Visitor
philsphan12

I've had the same problem for days and if it continues I will be using a different email provider. This is annoying. Why reinvent the wheel? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Comcast email is broken, now FIX IT!

New Visitor
Ultra1989

Let me add a new twist. If I access my comcast account using Verizon as the internet provider it doesn't open multiple tabs. It is only when I connect through my Comcast cable.This is so frustrating and it does eat up enough memory on my older desk top running XP that some of my other programms don't function properly. Before I realized the other day what was happening I had 11 applications of xfinity opened!

Regular Contributor
Anon1435345

WOW... 11 wondows open for Comcast. I guess email isnt the only  link they changed to open in a new window. I know that comcast will do nothing about this iossue as they can care less. They know we will still pay them so why bother listening to anyone.

Contributor

i use internet explorer! please tell me how to get it back to normal, I DO NOT WANT 2 WINDOWS OPEN

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Please discuss this issue here http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Mail-opening-in-new-window/td-p/1288803

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.