Regular Contributor

"Previous Page"

[ Edited ]

I noticed today (4/5/2012) that at the top of my desktop I no longer have the ability to go back to previous page.

The arrow is there but it is not lit for me to click on.

What causes this & How can it be fixed??

It's very hard not having it, I have to click out & start over again b/c I cannot click arrow to go back to previous page.

Please Help!!!!

Thank You

PattiT

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: "Previous Page"

Hello,

You need to provide us more info what browser are you using?

You can always try right click on the page and a menu will come up and then click on back.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

If you use Internet Explorer:

Something for you to try: Reset Interent Explorer. If it works, great. If not no harm done by trying.

Start menu/Control Panel/Internet Options

Advanced tab.

Reset Internet Explorer settings is at the bottom of Advanced.

Click Reset.

You will asked to confirm that you want to reset. At this point, you can either delete personal
settings or keep them.

Click the reset button.

After reset, your home page will be set to msn.com

You can easily change it to the page you prefer.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor

Hi....Thank You for replying so fast.

I use Mozilla Firefox.

This has happened once before & I tried everything, all of a sudden it came back on-and I have NO idea how I did it.  (that's why I need to write stuff down-but getting old is still fun! lol)

It was working as of 3/17, then I was away for 2 1/2wks & when I got back today it wasn't working.

Regular Contributor

I also didn't understand your sentence to - right click on page & click back

Regular Contributor

Queen-Evie

Thank You so much for answering, but I don't use IE - I use Mozilla Firefox

Web Page Expert
lead5alpha

In Firefox you can use the 'backspace key' on the key board.  It will send the browser to the previous page.

You can right click with your mouse anywhere on a web page.  A menu pops up that includes the back/forward options that can be selected to navigate between pages.

Some add-ons can cause this behavior.  McAfee Site Advisor has been known to cause the back/forward buttons to not work in some previous versions of Firefox.  If you have this addon, disable it and see if the behavior goes away.

Start Firefox in safe mode.  If the behavior goes away in safe mode, one of the add-ons is most likely the problem.  Enable the add-ons one at a time, once the behavior shows up you have found the add-on that is the problem.

The latest version of Firefox is 11.0.

Regular Contributor

lead5alpha.....Thank You So Much for your reply.  However, as what always seems to happen to me, when I got on comp. this morning it was working!

Don't know how, but it is--is it just me that their computer plays pranks on or what? lol

But Thanks again for your help.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

PattiT wrote:

lead5alpha.....Thank You So Much for your reply.  However, as what always seems to happen to me, when I got on comp. this morning it was working!

Don't know how, but it is--is it just me that their computer plays pranks on or what? lol

But Thanks again for your help.

No it isn't just you. Computers have a mind of their own and like to play pranks.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Service Expert
Again

Another possibility is that when you click a link a new window tab opens.  If that's the case, you have no back button to click because it's like opening your browser for the first time - there is no historical trail to back up on.  In this case, the best you can do is just close out the tab.  If you think this might be part of the problem, click on Tools/Options/Tabs and uncheck the first item.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---