New Visitor
Jstew21

Connecting to pandora

I have tried to play pandora on my x1 ..message tells me to link my pandora account at xfinity.com/x1. I went to site..can't see where to link account
Official Employee

Re: Connecting to pandora

[ Edited ]
New Visitor
kbenz28

the link you put up is absolutely no help at all..  how bout an actual answer to the question please.  i'm having the same issue.  I login and it takes me to my xfinity home page and there is no info on how to connect pandora.

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/dashboard-for-xfinity-tv-on-the-x1-platform says:

Online App Setup

All setup and activation of third-party apps like Pandora and Facebook must be completed via the Web portal at http://x1.comcast.net/webportal/home. Each user can control their own social media set up and privacy settings with their Comcast ID.

• You must have a Comcast ID prior to installation of XFINITY TV on the X1 Platform.
  • The Primary User cannot manage these functions for secondary users.
  • Self-managed and restricted secondary accounts will be treated as primary user accounts so that they may regulate their own social media settings.
New Visitor

There is no link to Pandora. I tried for 3 hours to get the link. Finally I called Comcast. A tech told me that the software was incomplete and they were still working on it.

Official Employee

[ Edited ]
Pandora works fine
New Visitor

Hopefully you have figured it out now that you go to the site and click the connect button by Pandora that is grayed out. Do not use the password they give you when you do this. Rather uncurl the password box by Pandora. Now your xfinity link will work on your TV.
New Visitor

Uncurl is supposed to be un-
check.
New Visitor
sharonstampsalo

Thanks, I'm now connected to Pandora :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
New Visitor
Xio

I need help I can not get connected to pandora

New Visitor

Thank you so much!!!!!

New Visitor
Mawg1

Thanks! That worked great!!!! Wish I didn't have to track down an answer though...

New Visitor
Goinsolo

When I go to http://x1.comcast.net/webportal/home and click on TV apps, its says "No app setting unavailable."

New Visitor
Chelsy

Mine says the same thing! It was hard to even find that page.. Without the link provided here I probably would have never gotten there!!! It's stupid how impossible the setting page is to find! And it's frustrating that now that I finally got to it... It says that the setting are unavailable! I just had my x1 installed few hours ago so I'm hoping that's the reason for this... We shall see..
Official Employee
ComcastPeteMcD

Everyone should have a comcast.net email address assigned to their account. After signed into comcast .net you should go to the web site xfinity.com/x1 then click the button already have it on the bottom right. Let me know of any issues
New Visitor
andy11

Why cant all software be like Apple?  Is it so hard to be intuitive?

Regular Visitor

I signed in to Pandora in the portal. I am connected. I went to the X1 and choose me and selected dont require a pin for pandora but am unable to get past that screen. There is not enter button. My options are to get help or cancel. HELP. This is not working. 

Official Employee

What happens when you select use the pin? Pin= the first four characters of your comcast acct password
New Visitor
nwesley130

I have tried every which way i can and still cannot get on pandora

Contributor
Marty99

This worked. I spent an hour on comcast , xfinity , etc...with no luck, who are these people who come up with this absolutely horrible UI .
Thank you so much Bruce
New Visitor
hlcsco

OMG! Trying to connect Pandora to X1 is going to take an act of God.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people over at Comcast? Like have any of you tried reading your own directions. None of it makes sense and none of it works.

ANGRY CONSUMER

New Visitor
hlcsco

Was on the phone with a technician. Who said, "oh man, we just made our website even worse..."

After being on the phone with this nice guy for 30 minutes. It was apparent this was impossible. I would have to setup a new pandora account anyway that has my comcast email address (which no one uses).

Forget it. Just going to use my Roku for Pandora.

Awful service, awful product, and the sales rep told me it would be the best thing ever.

New Visitor
bdinte1

Okay, so, none of this was any help to me; I see that apparently it worked for some people, but either things are so screwed up that it's different for different people, or it has changed.  I had to figure it out on my own, which took some trial and error.  What's most upsetting is that the responses from the 'official employees' are no help...

After signing in, click 'My Account,' (https://customer.comcast.com/Overview), then 'My Services,' (https://customer.comcast.com/MyServices).  You'll see options for TV, internet, and phone.  Click the 'Xfinity TV,' heading, (https://customer.comcast.com/MyServices/Video) then 'Learn more about the x1 platform from Xfinity.'  This takes you to this page: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/microsites/x1platform, where you scroll down a bit; click 'Customize your experience,' or 'Customize' under the 'Customize your experience' heading below.  This takes you here: https://welcome.comcast.net/x1/prefs/.  Click 'TV App Settings' (https://welcome.comcast.net/x1/prefs/apps) at the top of the page, scroll down to Pandora, and from there it should be self explanatory.

New Visitor
bdinte1

And by the way, when I did it this way, I was not required to use a pandora account linked to my Comcast e-mail, I was able to use my original Pandora account, which I sign into using a Gmail address.

New Visitor
bdinte1

The picture on this page of the remote with labels is useless. Way too tiny to read.

New Visitor
pisania

Typical comcast employee respone....using a generic answer that does not answer the actual question!

New Visitor
NHGirl1

THANK YOU to the other irate Comcast (oh, Xfinity) customers who saw what we saw...that nowhere in the TV apps instructions does it send you to the Apps setup webpage to get this setup.  Wouldn't that be the obviously place to send your users FIRST?!? 

And another thank you to the Comcast guy who answered these questions with the right answer. 

New Visitor
lindamurray6205

why can't i connect to pandora on my t.v

New Visitor
jdel1

comcast direction is awful. thank you bdintel1 for your help. 

New Visitor
xeniya76

How do I connect
Recognized Contributor
RobertWy

xeniya76 wrote:
How do I connect

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-apps-connect-your-comcast-id

Also google on connect pandora to x1.

New Visitor
fannyy1519

I have tried this website many times and it keeps saying "OOOPS THIS WEBSITE IS NOT AVAILABLE". I have also

Tried www.xfinity.com/xtv and it keeps saying "DELISE SETTINGS UNAVAILABLE" 

Recognized Contributor
RobertWy

What browser are you using?  Windows, Mac, iPad, etc.?

New Visitor
linton96

I'am trying to connect to pandora on my TV.

New Visitor
linton96

Xio wrote:

I need help I can not get connected to pandora

I'am trying to connect to pandora on my TV.

Official Employee
ComcastBrandon

Comcast has updated its website to access X1 app settings.  Please use this link:

https://secure.comcast.net/profile

Recognized Contributor
RobertWy

[ Edited ]

Brandon,

That page needs some work.  I renamed one of my devices and the characters I entered didn't display until I pressed Save.

Try it and see if it does the same for you.

ComcastBrandon wrote:

Comcast has updated its website to access X1 app settings.  Please use this link:

https://secure.comcast.net/profile

Official Employee

[ Edited ]
I used an iPad 2 and I could see everything and very user friendly
Recognized Contributor
RobertWy

I was using my PC that is connected by ethernet.

Official Employee
ComcastAmber

Were you able to get Pandora set up though through that website ? It should link and allow you to sign in via the STB

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

I tried that web page and everything seems fine however I was already "connected" to my Pandora so I could not test the entire process.

That being said ComcastAmber, I still need to toggle my X1 DVR to stereo sound in order to actually hear Pandora over an HDMI connection. I was told by service a month ago this was going to be fixed with an "early September" release however as I write this,  it is not fixed.

Amber can you provide an update please?

ComcastAmber wrote:

Were you able to get Pandora set up though through that website ? It should link and allow you to sign in via the STB

Official Employee
ComcastAmber

As of Tuesday 9/16 an update I received indicates that we do still have the audio issue with both hdmi audio cutting out and the surround sound issue with the platform, so unfortunately it is still an issue that our engineers are aware of and working on a solution to. 

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

Thank you Amber. Please remind the engineers that Pandora needs a screen saver or at least access to the screen saver X1 already has.

ComcastAmber wrote:

As of Tuesday 9/16 an update I received indicates that we do still have the audio issue with both hdmi audio cutting out and the surround sound issue with the platform, so unfortunately it is still an issue that our engineers are aware of and working on a solution to. 

Official Employee
ComcastAmber

I will also pass up that suggestion, thank you for your time. 

Regular Problem Solver
Rustyben

ComcastAmber wrote:

amber can you ask for ability to toggle to multiple pandora accounts? we have 3 very different tastes/ppl and I don't want them thumbs upping/downing and changing my pandora while they use the app

Official Employee

ComcastAmber wrote:
amber can you ask for ability to toggle to multiple pandora accounts? we have 3 very different tastes/ppl and I don't want them thumbs upping/downing and changing my pandora while they use the app

Do the other people in your house have secondary Comcast e-mail addresses?
Regular Problem Solver
Rustyben

ComcastAndrew wrote:
ComcastAmber wrote:

Do the other people in your house have secondary Comcast e-mail addresses?

like most ppl nowadays (21st century) we don't use the isp provided emails. I have my own domain we all use. (i do get comcast emails on one comcast account). I have no pandora account on comast.net email. the login works fine just don't have ability to login to multiple pandora accounts "and" toggle between them on whichever tv we might currently be using.

Official Employee
ComcastAmber

Totally Understood, currently the dvr does only allow you to link one primary Pandora account. Only way around this would be the original set up back at the main website to sync a different account. I am noting these suggestions and speaking to my higher ups about them, however do keep in mind that there are no promises that can be made about changes on my end. 

Bronze Problem Solver
gotpizza

Rusty one work around for this is to make more than one station within the same account!