Contributor

DVR RECORDING TIME AND LENGTH

How do I set my DVR to starting recording at a set time and record for a given length of time.

Example:  Start recording channel XXX at 1:00 pm and record for 5 Hours..

Obviously I am a newbie....

Official Employee

Re: DVR RECORDING TIME AND LENGTH

You can't set it like you would a VCR. You would have to record each show individually in that five hour span.only other option is going to the online DVR manager and extend a recording 2 hours
Regular Problem Solver

[ Edited ]

My DVR has a manual record setting. to do this:

Select My DVR

Select Set a Recording
Select Set a Manual Recording

Set From time

Set Until time

Select Date

Select Continue

Select Channel to Record

Select Record

This proved usefull after a power failure when the program guide had not been restored. There were no programs in the guide to select so I had to record the channel manually.

Official Employee

One of the differences between the x1 dvr and legacy dvr is that ability
Contributor

Where is the online DVR manager?????

Contributor

So what you are telling me is that X1 has taken away this option.  I do not know why.  Because many time I want to record "Court TV" for hours????  But each hour they change the name of the segment.

Official Employee

Comcast.net, on the left hand side
Official Employee

You might be able to set up series recordings for those segments, so they record everyday
Contributor

Thanks, for your quick reply.  It just seems to me that those persons who decided  that you only want to record one segment, did not know what the real world did.  Before I switched to X1 I could set a start time and length of time to record.  I guess they call this progress???

Official Employee
ComcastThomas

You can set a manual recording from the grid guide.  To do this, navigate to the channel logo for the channel that you want to record on and select the info button on the remote.  Selecting the record button from here will allow you to select a start and end time for a recording on that channel.  We are looking to enhance this functionality in the future.  Hope this helps.

ComcastThomas

New Visitor
Smokinjoeb

Can I get a bigger DVR
Bronze Problem Solver
BellevueBob

ComcastThomas wrote:

You can set a manual recording from the grid guide.  To do this, navigate to the channel logo for the channel that you want to record on and select the info button on the remote.  Selecting the record button from here will allow you to select a start and end time for a recording on that channel.  We are looking to enhance this functionality in the future.  Hope this helps.

ComcastThomas

Thanks for the tip!  Things like this MUST be documented somewhere, aren't they?  Is there an X1/X2 specific user guide on how to use the interface?  

Could you mark this as a FAQ (and block replies)?  I see this same question asked often in different ways.

Visitor
mjgiardina

For those of you who like detailed instructions:

You can set a manual recording from the grid guide.  To do this,
1. Navigate to the channel logo for the channel that you want to record on by typing call letters of channel: e.g 5688 (KNTV).
2. Press the info button on the remote.
3. Selecting the record button by pressingt OK. This will bring up menu consisting of START and Duration:
4. Select Start options by arrow key move of cursur to start field now and pressing OK
5. At bottom of Start options is "Specific Date/Time". Move cursor down list of Start options and select  "Specific Date/Time" by pressing OK.
6. Set Start Date fields.
7. Set Start Time fields.
8. Select Duration - Limited increment segments of mins or hours.
9 Select Record.

MJ