New Visitor
Chocolate_Vix

Error Code RDK-03033

This morning when i was getting ready for work, I turned on the tv to check the weather.  I didn't have a picture and kept getting this error message saying there was a problem with my internet or XFINITY TV service.  The internet and phone work perfectly fine.  I checked all the wires and connections and even reset the modem.  What is error message RDK-03033?

New Visitor

Re: Error Code RDK-03033

We've noticed the same code for three evenings in a  row at @6:45 om MDT.  The screen freezes and after pressing the xfinity button a couple of times, the error message appears along with the statement that our account can not presently be accessed. 

"Not happy" would be an understatement.  I have to spend about 30 minutes each time rebooting the xfinity triple box (TV, internet, phone).  Yes, I would have called customer service, but each time the phone went out as well. 

My wife is not so politely reminding met that we didn't have this problem with DirecTV. 

Visitor
kyleu

I had the problem yesterday on my television spent 2 hours on the phone with Comcast alas no fix they had to send to next level support... Late last night the cable came back on however here I am trying to watch TV tonight and same error... Just when I thought Comcast was getting their act together I am again disappointed...

New Visitor
EL60618

Reboot the box that is having the problem. We have the X1 and had this error on one of our TVs. All other TVs plus phone and Internet were working fine. So we rebooted the one box that was having a problem and that fixed it.
New Visitor

Problem solved...   We discovered that the outside R6 cable coming into the house had been "assaulted" by the pet of the previous owner.  Somehow the damage was completely missed by our X1 installer.  Another visit, a spliced cable and we were back in business. 

New Visitor
Robert_begley

I have already had a tech out to my place to "fix an issue in the wiring" and it was great for a month now it's not working again.
I switched to xfinity from dish because I was expecting better... Surprise, I had better service and signal from dish than I have had with xfinity..
New Visitor
xfinfrustration

Same problem. Currently unplugging and rebooting several times per day. Is there ANY fix for this?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

xfinfrustration wrote:

Same problem. Currently unplugging and rebooting several times per day. Is there ANY fix for this?

Generally, error code RDK-03033 is caused by the X1 device being unable to connect to the XFINITY TV service or may also be due to an internet outage.

Please try your action again after a few minutes.

If this issue persists please try the following:

1. Ensure cable connections are tightly secured.
  2. Unplug the X1 device from the power outlet.
  3. Wait 10 seconds, then plug back in to restart.

If the above does not resolve, there may be a specific and localized signal issue (as others above have reported).

That may require a technician visit to identify and correct. Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST and we can start the troubleshooting process and get a technician scheduled (if that is what is required).

New Visitor
fourpuddintats

We had this error code for 2 days. We called Comcast first thing after trying several attempts at resetting all 3 boxes. The night before they were to come out all 3 boxes started working again. The tech came out and checked everything which of course had great signal strenghth etc. He said it could have been the crews replacing electric poles disrupting our service yet my single regular Comcast non - X1 box has not gone out once. Day after tech comes out, it is doing the exact same thing. Seriously considering getting rid of X1 boxes and going back to old ones.
New Visitor
dk99

[ Edited ]

Getting the same error, RDK-03033. I'm trying to change the channel and it won't let me. It get the issue off and on. It also doesn't respond tot he remote. Unplugging the box and plugging it back in fixes the issue, but it's pretty annoying.

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

So quick to blame Comcast...

What did your wife say when weather knocked out your dish????

V1Man wrote:

Problem solved...   We discovered that the outside R6 cable coming into the house had been "assaulted" by the pet of the previous owner.  Somehow the damage was completely missed by our X1 installer.  Another visit, a spliced cable and we were back in business. 

New Visitor
C0leman

I have been having this error for 2.5 weeks. It's intermittent. We lose cable mostly, but not exclusively, during the nights. Of course it worked when the tech came out and all our house/neighborhood vitals look good. My understanding from the tech is that there are major software issues with X1 that Comcast is working through in our market. I understand that but at the same time it's extremely frustrating to spend hours on the phone/setting up appointments without resolution.

As for the below comment... I had DirecTV for 5+ years and only during the most extreme storms was my signal ever affected. About 3 times a year on average. My first week with Comcast our cable went out with a storm. It's not an issue. I tried Comcast again after moving to get the bundle with Internet but I'm close to giving up. Again.

RickGr4 wrote:

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

[ Edited ]

In regards to dish performance, I am guessing you live south. If you lived in the snowbelt as in Minnesota you would not be able to say that with a straight face.

X1 has software issues but they generally don't effect error codes and lock ups. Those are signal level and signal quality issues. I encourage you to spend more time reading in this forum to find answers.

I will give you a head start. I have written this countless times before in this forum and I will write it again.

X1 is far more sensitive to signal level and signal quality issues than anything they have done in the past. Unfortunately many Comcast techs don't know what to look for. In my case, my incoming signal levels were OK but it was outgoing signal that was the problem. Once I installed the correct RF amp (PPC Evo 1-5 u/u) my problems were solved.

I understand that a customer should be able to make one call, set up one appointment and get this resolved. With Comcast and X1 that is simply not the case.

HOWEVER I can assure that once you get your signal levels right, X1 can and does work properly.

Feel free to move on to another provider. In regards to X1 you can either be part of the solution or part of the problem. But I can assure you that there is no quicky miracle fix in this forum and if you want to make X1 work you need to set up another service call.

C0leman wrote:

I have been having this error for 2.5 weeks. It's intermittent. We lose cable mostly, but not exclusively, during the nights. Of course it worked when the tech came out and all our house/neighborhood vitals look good. My understanding from the tech is that there are major software issues with X1 that Comcast is working through in our market. I understand that but at the same time it's extremely frustrating to spend hours on the phone/setting up appointments without resolution.

As for the below comment... I had DirecTV for 5+ years and only during the most extreme storms was my signal ever affected. About 3 times a year on average. My first week with Comcast our cable went out with a storm. It's not an issue. I tried Comcast again after moving to get the bundle with Internet but I'm close to giving up. Again.

RickGr4 wrote:

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

Did anyone writing in this thread actually take the time to Google RDK-03033?

You would have found answers...

https://www.google.com/#q=rdk-03033

New Visitor
C0leman

Thanks for the tip, I didn't think of googling it. Could you recommend some classes on how to become a cable engineer over the internet? That would be helpful too. Appreciate all the valuable education.