New Visitor
skilmh

Manual Recording by time on X1

On the X1 DVR.  How do we set up a recording manually using a start and stop time?

I sometimes want to only record part of a show.  (example the last hour of a 3 hour show)

Thanks

New Visitor
cms1528

Re: Manual Recording by time on X1

you can't that I can find, that's one of the other things that make the x1 system worthless.

Recognized Contributor
fpirelli

The x1 is not the only system not to have that feature. So therefore the x1 is not so worthless.
Official Employee
ComcastTeds

To set a manual recording in X1, highlight the channel logo in the grid and press info.

This brings up the manual recording interface when you are able to select the record button.

Arrow up to the Start Window, then press OK. Select Specific Date/Time. Then enter in the Start date, the start time and duration, then select Record.  

Bronze Problem Solver
BellevueBob

ComcastTeds wrote:

To set a manual recording in X1, highlight the channel logo in the grid and press info.

This brings up the manual recording interface when you are able to select the record button.

Arrow up to the Start Window, then press OK. Select Specific Date/Time. Then enter in the Start date, the start time and duration, then select Record.  

Hi Teds,  Just a quick note; this particular tip does not work on the "preview" version (aka X2) of the guide, but it does work on the "current' version.  When in "preview" when I click the Info button, all I get is an opportunity to record whatever program is currently on.

Nice tip, and hope it makes it into the final version.

New Visitor
tristoncito

Can I make it to be scheduled to repeat for example every sunday from 8:00PM to 11:00PM on one channel or is there a way to extend recording time to finish one or two hours after scheduled end time?

New Visitor
M4michigan

Thanks for the info. Just found that if you highlight the channel you want and press the record button it will bring up the "channel recording options". This will let you pick a specific date and time to record and the ability to record up to 5 hrs. Hope this helps someone.
New Visitor
RichieDP1965

I've tried all the options that are on this forum and none of them work. Why can't this be remedied?
New Visitor
phitz

This did the job. 

Contributor
Jknouse16

Can you set this up to repeat?
Bronze Problem Solver
manamok

Jknouse16 wrote: