Contributor
FlipFlopDrew

X!-DVR - RDK-03032 Every Day near Prime Time

So in an effort to help troubleshoot this issue, I conducted a controlled test today with two X1 DVRs and abd X1 Receiver. Below is the timeline where my X1 DVRs worked almost all day until shortly before 5:00 CT. They are still not working...

6:30a - Turned on all three boxes
X1 DVR LR - Working
X1 DVR MR - Working
X1 DR - Working

7:30a - All working (channel change, guide, xfinity services)

8:30a - All working (channel change, guide, xfinity services)

9:30a - X1 DVR LR - RDK03032 (channel change, guide, xfinity services)
X1 DVR MR - Green Bar Step X of X - Connecting message
X1 DR - Working Fine

9:34a - X1 DVR LR - working (channel change, guide, xfinity services)
X1 DVR MR - working (channel change, guide, xfinity services)
X1 DR - Working Fine

10:30a - All working (channel change, guide, xfinity services)

11:30a - All working (channel change, guide, xfinity services)

1:30p - All working (channel change, guide, xfinity services)

3:00p - All working (channel change, guide, xfinity services)

4:00p - All working (channel change, guide, xfinity services)

4:30p - X1 DVR LR - RDK03032 message (channel change, guide, xfinity services)
X1 DVR MR - RDK03032 message (channel change, guide, xfinity services)
X1 DR - Working Fine

5:00p - X1 DVR LR - RDK03032 message (channel change, guide, xfinity services)
CYCLE POWER - Blank screen of death
X1 DR - Working Fine

5:15p - Open a ticket on Support Chat
Chat gave me a new phone number to try 877-896-8678

5:30p - X1 DVR LR - RDK03032 message (channel change, guide, xfinity services)
Still on Blank screen of death
X1 DR - Working Fine

Had a nice conversation with Ben in Technical Support @ 877-896-8678. He indicated that he would try and escalate this issue.

New Visitor
MatthewWS

Re: X!-DVR - RDK-03032 Every Day near Prime Time

I am having the same problem and have had numerous techs out with no fix.

New Visitor
babiegurlcole42

I am having the same issue just had my boxes one of the x1 boxes is working while the other is not! error code RDK-03032

New Visitor
dwaltr

Comcast is at my house for this exact issue.  The phone tech says it is a signal level issue.  We will see.

Official Employee

[ Edited ]
Dwalt.. Phone tech is right it's a signal issue
Regular Contributor
JJNorCal

X1 was working great for about a month, and  now I'm having RDK-03032 or variant (connecting progress bar) multiple times per day.  I had the problem on main DVR and anyroom DVR at the same time the other day.  Called Comcast.  The anyroom DVR cleared and has been working OK for a day now.  Tech was out this morning and swapped out main DVR even though it had started to function correctly overnight.  Now, main DVR replacement has been non-functional (no video or more interestingly video and audio but can't change channel) all day today.  Tech said this may be a signal level problem, but it seems like software when I get fully functional video/audio and can't change channel.  Tech left supervisor's number, but supervisor VM says out till Weds.  Wondering if anybody with these problems has gotten it cleared up, and if so, how.  Thanks.

New Visitor
robinandlynda

Re: X!-DVR - RDK-03032 Frequent problems

I have a new X1 box and one satellite box.  I have continual problems with lock-up. I have to reset the power to my X1 several times a day.  It is intollerable, and I want my old boxes back which ran without problems for years.  I have a signal amplifier on my line...I think that the down signal gets amplified, but maybe the 'up' signal does not. Maybe that is the cause. If I remove the amplifier I get bad signal errors (pixcelating).  We have had a tech out 2 times and repeated phone complaints.  I think the problem is not: 1)in my remote  2)not  in my box  3) not signal related.  I just dont think that Comcast can handle the data that is going back and forth at high loads. it is software plus hardware volume/response.   I am a chronic clicker, but dont blame me....my older box used to accomodate that.    If i get a channel working I hardly have to touch the controller for it to lock up. ....sometimes it clears by doing it's own reset....sometimes after about 5 minutes

New Visitor
robinandlynda

I returned my two X1 boxes today.   I just cant live with constant power resets.  Got my old boxes

(well new ones) back and am re-installing them myself.   On the exchange, I asked  "Is this the first X1 box youve seen today?"..........."No, 3 others have been returned so far"

Bronze Problem Solver
C_DM

robinandlynda wrote:

I returned my two X1 boxes today.   I just cant live with constant power resets.  Got my old boxes

(well new ones) back and am re-installing them myself.   On the exchange, I asked  "Is this the first X1 box youve seen today?"..........."No, 3 others have been returned so far"

Not to downlplay various issues that exist with the X1 boxes/service (and certainly there can be more for some than others), but how many non-X1 boxes were returned that day?

Contributor

I have been having the same RDK-03032 problems. The only difference between this installation and the original one is that a signal booster was installed several years ago on the primary converter and it was removed when the X1 was installed last week.  That suggests it is, indeed, a signal issue.

New Visitor
robinandlynda

Hi:

I have revised my thinking about this.  I think the problem lies with the X1 being a cloud-based system

with a huge amount of interaction for every 'clicker' change.  It is hard to reconcile a signal issue with the volume of traffic when an HD movie is being watched.

Official Employee

Robyn check the diagnostics of the box if it is on an amp the return is probably amped as well, affecting the x1 box. If you get a tech visit ask him/her for a no loss amp which works perfectly on the x1
New Visitor
tigercharm

X1 RDK-03032

This is ridiculous. We get this code all the time and can't do anything. One time this happened for days and it took Comcast 3 days to come out a replace the box saying it was a bad box after they reset and restarted the original box several times over the phone. How can this many people be having the same issue and Comcast not be working on this for an imediate solution? Has anyone out there received a good solution besides either going back to the old box or going to another cable company? When does it end?

New Visitor
jensoccermom

To andrew.lindsay, can you give more specifics on how to check the diagnostics of the box to see if it is on an amp? Thanks!

Official Employee

If you have one it would be close to where all the cable comes in to the house, and it would be plugged in
Official Employee

Hold down Exit button for 5 seconds
hit down arrow twice
push 2 button

that brings up diag screen. Use arrows to navigate. Exit button to exit diags.

To check your diagnostics
Contributor
dfrAA

So I just upgraded to x1 a week ago and today, sure enough, my x1 DVR gave me the RDK-03032 error message.  I was successful in rebooting and last I looked (15 minutes ago) it was working again.

I have to say my patience with this system and with Comcast is wearing thin. Besides initial start-up issues with the system in general (such as the sticky show recording problem, which I finally conquered), I've also noticed that the DVR info accessed via my account on the Comcast xfinity page on the Internet does not match what is actually on my DVR.  First of all, it shows all my recordings as being from the standard def channels (i.e., 07 instead of 231, 04 instead of 232, etc), which they aren't,  and it recently stopped showing the actual show name (i.e., NCIS) and instead shows the epidode name.  While I can live with this annoying inability to read and match my actual DVR records, it says something about Comcast ability to do high-tech stuff.

Could Hulu or Netflix be in my future???

Contributor

Andrew:If Comcast knows this issue is caused by poor signal, why don't they upgrade their lines, install amplifiers or install fiber?