Regular Contributor
ERIC8585

X1 Availability SF Bay Area

Does anyone know if X1 is available in the East Bay?
Regular Visitor

Re: X1 Availability SF Bay Area

Hi,

I'm in Santa Rosa and had 2 X1's installed on Tuesday.... So far I am not that excited. It looks like when they get all the features figured out it will be a great system.

Contributor

Same with the peninsula . "Upgraded" to this platform and lost any room capabilities. After a tour through the tech support chain I was finally told it was still in test and would be out "soon".
Bronze Problem Solver
C_DM

X1 should be available across the greater bay area (for a little while now too).  AnyRoom DVR should also be coming to the X1 platform this month (June), probably as soon as in the next week or two: http://wwwb.comcast.com/x1

Contributor

Any more update on this? As of today Anyroom is still not available. Running out of month..

Visitor
MKANET

I would like to test an X1 box in our family room (working along side the older, standard cablebox).  What's involved to add one of these boxes to an existing setup?

Can , I just pick one up at the local Comcast office; and, plug it into a highspeed Ethernet network cable (that has Internet access)?

Recognized Contributor
m45warrior1

MKANET wrote:

I would like to test an X1 box in our family room (working along side the older, standard cablebox).  What's involved to add one of these boxes to an existing setup?

Can , I just pick one up at the local Comcast office; and, plug it into a highspeed Ethernet network cable (that has Internet access)?

No, there is no self install, you'll have to subscribe and schedule an appoinment to have it installed. Also in most areas the price will be the same if you are already a triple play subscriber. I don't know if you can run it along side the legacy system or not. I have heard different answers so might depend on region.

Official Employee

I would like to test an X1 box in our family room (working along side the older, standard cablebox). What's involved to add one of these boxes to an existing setup?

Check with your local service centre, self install is being tested in some markets and whether you can have 2 different platforms ( it doesn't usually happen but YMMV).And it uses a cable connection not through Ethernet.