Official Employee
ComcastTeds
Accepted Solution

X1 - DVR Feature Requests

[ Edited ]

There are a few features the have been requested in past forum discussions and we are evaluating the inclusion of these in future X1 DVR releases.  Here are a few that we are tracking.

• Ability to quickly navigate out in time in the on-screen program guide to more easily find programs to record.
  • Inform the customer of conflicts when setting a new series recording
  • Ability to pause, rewind and fast forward live TV on the Player Mini’s (non-DVR set-top box)
  • Better documentation on how features work.
Visitor

Can't search by category using x-1 guide.

There is no way to seach the X-1 guide by categories such as movies, golf, news, etc.  The old guide had that capability.

Contributor
Joe_Sugar_Land

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests

If I may add a couple of things really missed (by me anyway) from the old (non X1) DVR -

Ability to jump ahead in the Guide by Day - Day+, Day-

Ability to return to Live after rewinding live tv with a click rather than ffwd'g

Ability to list by show type - ie Sports/Football - you could see all game times and teams much more easily - I haven't figured out how to list all college games on Saturday for example. I sadly have to go to Chron.com to see who's playing and when.

Thanks! 

Regular Contributor
clay5523

Why is there so much descrepany between the DVR Manager showing % of hard drive filled and  the % shown on the TV under recordings? Almost a 20% discrepancy. Can this be fixed?

New Visitor
Everett_Downs

A work around for the remote units having pause ability. Once you start watching a program press record. Then go to "saved dvr" and the program should be shown in the list of saved. (there are problems listed as being worked on that sometimes causes this not to work) Start watching the program, you will be a few seconds behind live (depending on how long from starting the recording and starting to watch it), but you can now pause then continue.

Contributor
GrymReaper

@Joe_Sugar,

I found that after you FF or Pause etc, you can press the down arrow and there is a LIVE choice along with the other available options.

I have found a few roundabout ways to get things, I just wish the remote had some of the other features....and LIVE is one of them I miss as well....along with a zoom.

Regular Contributor

To continue the search by category theme....I miss being able in Premium Channels such as HBO or SHO to search for things by certain categories....the one I miss most is DOCUMENTARY.  Before you could go to HBO and find things like NEW MOVIES etc.....now it is just Movies, Programs etc.   Thanks!

Contributor
Brianwt6684

Double tapping exit brings it back to live
Official Employee

Ability to list by show type - ie Sports/Football - you could see all game times and teams much more easily - I haven't figured out how to list all college games on Saturday for example. I sadly have to go to Chron.com to see who's playing and when
------------------
Joe use the sports app
New Visitor
mzzzlorraine

Please add a Reminder feature.

Bronze Star Contributor
bradbortner

Other features/fixed that have been mentioned repeatedly on the other lists that I'll now repeat:

1. Need for an input key on the remote, so people can change to other devices without keeping a spare TVremote around just to switch input to, say, play Wii, or watch a blu-ray... 

2. Nosiy fan noise 

3. Ability to skip day/week ahead on program guide

New Visitor
MikeHemp

remote control function

when viewing the guide how do you page ahead to the next day with one button?  page up and down move you up and down to diff. channels and the right arrow lets you scroll though the hours on one channel but there was a button to go a day ahead or a day back on the old remote.

Regular Contributor
LS8112

The feature I miss the most is having the ability to have multiple Favorite Lists for channels.  During the Olympics, I set a list with just the channels, of which there are now many, showing Olympic events.  I had a list of only the sports channels I watch frequently.  I also had one that was just hockey.  The premuim default is ok but it wastes my time with premium channels I do not get.  I had another favorite set to just MY premium channels.  I checked these favorite lists multiple times a day when looking for something to watch.  There was a limit of 4 lists, where only 3 were actually working when I migreated to X1, but I used them all of the time.

Regular Contributor
LS8112

Is there any plan to add control of live TV to the companion boxes?  TiVo's companion boxes control live TV, in addition to recordings.

Bronze Star Contributor
sammsterling

Re: remote control function

MikeHemp wrote:

when viewing the guide how do you page ahead to the next day with one button?  page up and down move you up and down to diff. channels and the right arrow lets you scroll though the hours on one channel but there was a button to go a day ahead or a day back on the old remote.

FYI mike, this has been discussed for months.  the answer is the forgot it and hopefully they will try to ad it in some way or another.  when, no one knows.  love the last name...LOL

Visitor

Most of these have been said already but I think they need repeating because I like the new system but the new guide makes it hard to enoy the other features:

1) Skip ahead by day

2) Search the guide by category (movie, sports, kids, etc).

3) Give info to live programming on the guide. For example, instead of just "College Football" - say who is playing on the guide so we don't have to hit info, then back each time.

4) The "Pop-Up" guide is annoying, figure out where to put the description of the show on the main page.

5) Make the "Page Up" button move the guide an entire page, not just a few channels.

None of these suggestions are revolutionary as they were all included on the old guide. The X1 has some nice features, but in my opinion the old guide was much better and easier to use than this one. Windows has an option to use the "Classic" mode, I would bet that if you gave that option here, the classic option would be more popular that the new version.

Regular Contributor
baabamall

Feature request: more options for starting recordings early and ending them late. Allow the user to choose rather than have the Guide/X1 determine options. That is: right now for most programs, the user can choose to start the recording 1 or 2 minutes early, and end 1, 3, or 5 minutes late. Unless the Guide thinks it's a sports program. Then you can start 1 or 2 minutes early, and end 30, 60, or 90 minutes late. Instead, do something like what the Xfinity web interface allows and follow the old DVR options, which were far more flexible: for all programs (not just sports) allow up to 15 minutes early, and up to 1-10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120 minutes late. Those should be the minimum choices. I mean, *I* don't particularly care if I have to choose 10 or 15 minutes late and cant do 13. But the X1 shouldn't have *less* flexibility than the old DVR's had. And reliance on whether a program is a sport doesn't work. The DVR doesn't know that sporting events on Spanish language channels are sporting events, for instance.
New Visitor
infowmn

"But the X1 shouldn't have *less* flexibility than the old DVR's had." This is true of all aspects of this system. Why would any part of it be "less" than the old system.
Recognized Contributor

MPEG-4

Bronze Star Contributor
sammsterling

Re: X1 - DVR Feature Requests - DVR MGR APPS

i think there needs to be a lot of work done on the ipad app.  ALOT.  the android version is not even worth talking about.  so lacking and fairly useless.  i would suggest that your developers take a look at the tivo app and start modifying.  i will expound on this.

the scheduled recordings do not show up correctly by DVR (hub) when there are mulitple hubs.  now we have 2 hubs and one sattelite which is called Guest Room.  the satellite has access to both hubs so when choosen you can see all scheduled recordings, but when i choose one of the hubs, it does not show the right scheduled recordings on that hub.  really need to have something on each entry in both scheduled and my recordings to indicate which hub the recording is on.  lets not even go into the fact that when you choose to record something and it starts syncing and then you might get the "no dvr sign" known as the red circle with a line thru it.  or it might turn into a real red circle sometime later. it was really whack during "the national outage".  very bad, bad, bad.  oh well, there is alot more i could say, but lets at least be able to identify where these things belong somehow.  also i have noticed that for some reason sometimes the app just resets itself.  it does not ask for a login again, it just goes to the background screen and then loads up again by itself.  that seems to happen alot.  

ok, my 2.5 cents.  thank you.

Contributor
dave_m_schwartz

We would also like it if Comcast would fix the problem of the HD movie channels being mixed in with other non-movie channels. It used to be that
HBO, SHOWTIME, THE MOVIE CHANNEL, STARZ, etc were all next to each other. You could easily change channels or view the guide with all the movies
located in the same place. Now it's a pain to find each of the movie channels in the guide.
Contributor
ericmvan

[ Edited ]

My wish list:

1) Day+ and Day- in the guide. An absolute necessity whose omission beggars belief.

2) 30-second skip ahead.

3) The ability to set a manual recording. Others have explained how useful this can be. A friend of mine returned his X1 specifcally because it was missing this feature.

4) A "Live" button, with the ability to grab the buffer of the active tuner if you press "Record."

Again, it's baffling that the last three features were removed. The four colored ABCD buttons could be mapped to Day+, Day-, Live, and Skip.

The rest are less important. In no particular order ...

5) Ability to search for a *channel* while in the guide.

6) Better timing on the reset after coming out of fast forward. It jumps back far too much. I know my reaction time is good, but I've taken to waiting several seconds after seeing the end of the commercial break before hitting "Play", and that's an eternity when it comes to reaction times. If you hit "Play" as soon as you see content you want to watch, you can get three to five seconds of commercial. It's aggavating, because the old DVRs had this down pat.

7) When you hit play after a single FF (two arrows on screen), the sexy fade-out of the single "play" arrow takes 2.5 seconds. That's a good second too long. If you're fast forwarding from one baseball pitch or football play to the next, you're likely to get the arrow over the action you wanted to see. (Kudos, however, on fixing this FF speed; on the old DVRs, it was uselessly slow, and the next speed was too fast for this.)

8) I like the idea of not bothering with 1, 3, and 5 extra minutes for live events, but as others have noted, not all of them are correctly coded in the database. So, how about 1, 3, 10, and Other as the default, where Other would bring up 30 min, 60, 90, and 120? That would work fine. Whereas known live events would just have the 30, 60, 90, 120 menu.

9) As just mentioned, you should definitely have 120 extra minutes for live events, because in the course of a baseball season some games will absolutely last longer than 4:30.

10) Better database coding. Repeats of shows like South Park *on other networks* are not marked as such. Setting the Series option to "HD Only" removes a lot of the extra entries from Scheduled, but not all of them.

Recognized Contributor

ericmvan wrote:

My wish list:

1) Day+ and Day- in the guide. An absolute necessity whose omission beggars belief.

2) 30-second skip ahead.

3) The ability to set a manual recording. Others have explained how useful this can be. A friend of mine returned his X1 specifcally because it was missing this feature.

4) A "Live" button, with the ability to grab the buffer of the active tuner if you press "Record."

Again, it's baffling that the last three features were removed. The four colored ABCD buttons could be mapped to Day+, Day-, Live, and Skip.

The rest are less important. In no particular order ...

5) Ability to search for a *channel* while in the guide.

6) Better timing on the reset after coming out of fast forward. It jumps back far too much. I know my reaction time is good, but I've taken to waiting several seconds after seeing the end of the commercial break before hitting "Play", and that's an eternity when it comes to reaction times. If you hit "Play" as soon as you see content you want to watch, you can get three to five seconds of commercial. It's aggavating, because the old DVRs had this down pat.

7) When you hit play after a single FF (two arrows on screen), the sexy fade-out of the single "play" arrow takes 2.5 seconds. That's a good second too long. If you're fast forwarding from one baseball pitch or football play to the next, you're likely to get the arrow over the action you wanted to see. (Kudos, however, on fixing this FF speed; on the old DVRs, it was uselessly slow, and the next speed was too fast for this.)

8) I like the idea of not bothering with 1, 3, and 5 extra minutes for live events, but as others have noted, not all of them are correctly coded in the database. So, how about 1, 3, 10, and Other as the default, where Other would bring up 30 min, 60, 90, and 120? That would work fine. Whereas known live events would just have the 30, 60, 90, 120 menu.

9) As just mentioned, you should definitely have 120 extra minutes for live events, because in the course of a baseball season some games will absolutely last longer than 4:30.

10) Better database coding. Repeats of shows like South Park *on other networks* are not marked as such. Setting the Series option to "HD Only" removes a lot of the extra entries from Scheduled, but not all of them.

1)  From what I understand, Comcast is working on this issue.

2)  The DVR can be programmed to do this. I do not remember the proper sequence of button pushes.  Maybe others will chime in on this.

4)  Use the EXIT button.  It will bring you back to live TV.

6)  Wait until you get to my age.  I be thinking just the opposite on this feature.  :smileygrin:

New Visitor
crapattack97

I come from Direct TV and really hate the inflexability of the X1

1-Favorites for guides...I only want to look at 20-30 channels not all the other channels.

2- pause, rewind, FF live tv from remote systems

3- a skip ahead button in recordings

4- For Comcast to get their stuff together and fix the bugs this thing has so many hickups/bugs, slow downs, and missed recording.. If it was possible to go back to Direct TV I would in a second but a tree line in my new house will not allow it. ;-(  

5-Remember a history of searches in the search feature.  

New Visitor

just trying to add volume here for comcast to see repetition in requests:

1. search by category like the old system

sports > all sports > football

movies > all movies

2. input key on remote like the old remotes

3. live button on remote like the old remotes

4. program info in the search results listings.doesnt have pop up,so have to hit info buton on every entry (try searching for 'college football')

5. search results not in air time sequence

6. abilty to see guide by channel like the old system

7. ability to go ahead day by day like the old system

8. sports app should allow all college football search, not just top 25 or by conference

i do love the 5 tuner ability and 1080i. recommedations feature is pretty good. please bring back category searching though! thank you

Contributor
RevCleophus

1.  Be able to set a recording

2.  Be able to delete a scheduled recording.

PRETTY BASIC STUFF, BUT IT HASN'T WORKED FOR A WEEK.  And Customer Service (when I get through after 20 minutes on hold) keeps maing promises they don't keep ('it'll be fixed in 72 hours', 'I or my supervisor will call you back in 1-2 hours to update you', etc.).

New Visitor
bnmusician

My biggest feature request would be that it actually records any of the shows it's set for and says that it will indeed record. It's maddening to spend this much and have the DVR fail about 70% of the time. It says it's on the latest firmware and it gets rebooted a couple times per day for for other issues. It's getting old very quickly. I'm a new customer from the past couple months and I feel like I'm throwing money down the drain.

Contributor
white_noise

Please bring back - FAVORITES BUTTON ON REMOTE with same functionality as before. We need to have the ability to Up/Down only through channels that are of interest to us. And without doing it while in the guide screen which is a huge useability problem.

Regular Contributor
clay5523

Another feature, though minor, is the "last" button that brings up icons of all your last channels watched. Up to nine icons, I think.

I would like to be able to delete a highlighted icon for a channel instead of having to delete  the whole list of channels.

New Visitor
revel8n

ComcastTeds wrote:

There are a few features the have been requested in past forum discussions and we are evaluating the inclusion of these in future X1 DVR releases.  Here are a few that we are tracking.

• Ability to pause, rewind and fast forward live TV on the Player Mini’s (non-DVR set-top box)

This is one of the biggest ones for me.  I do not even know how they could have looked at the current offerings of other companies, and not had this as one of the other top priority feature.

Some other things i know of:

- Allow for a way to specify time before and/or after a time slot to record so that shows are not truncated.  This is a known issue across all companies, and most already handle it in some manner, but X1 has it very bad in this regard with shows being chopped of a good deal of the time should they not end *exactly* on time.

- Do NOT switch back to Live TV just because a recording was paused for a period of time.  It was paused for a reason, and it defintely was not for the TV to go back to what i was not actually watching.

- Similarly, it would be nice for a show to return to the pause state when the pause buffer fills.  Going from full paused silence to unpaused full audio is not particularly appealing.  Ultimately, if a show is paused, it should stay paused i think.

- There is a lot of input lag between the playback controls on the remote and the response times of the X1 box.  Improvement here would be great.

- Better progress and/or other notifications of update and other status.   The X1 box tends to restart a lot.  i can only assume for updates, but there is not really a whole lot telling us what is actually going on.  Has the thing frozen, or is it still running something i should avoid interrupting?  Beats me...

- Better synching of status/rooms between the phone app.

Telecommunication is not my area of expertise, but i am a computer programmer, and i have been frustrated with some of this and more across all the various service providers.  Wish i could take a stab at it, but oh well....heh.

Thanks in advance.

New Visitor
npetrakis

These are some features that really need to be added

-Under recoreded show press the green shortcut key to KEEP that show until manually deleted

-a skip ahead 12 hrs in the guide( manually scrolling two days in advance is a pain)

Regular Contributor
baabamall

Ok, if for some reason Xfinity refuses to give more flexibility in starting recordings early/stopping them late, how about at least recognizing that sporting events on Spanish language channels are also sporting events? "En vivo" = live.
Visitor
emilepmartin

Hi everyone,

I found a fix to setup recordings (either episode or series) to start up to 15 minutes early or stop up to 2 hours later than scheduled...

• Use your X1 remote to schedule the recording (if you haven't done so yet)
  • Click My Services
  • Click Schedule your DVR under Xfinity TV
  • Select the Scheduled Recordings under the DVR Manager
  • Find the Recording and select either Episode or Series where you will see the Start & Stop options that you can setup to start up to 15 minutes early or stop up to 2 hours late.

Unfortunately it never updates the X1 DVR option beyond what you normally setup, but it does work.

Recognized Contributor

How about a Roku App, similar to the Time Warner Cable app, which allows their subscribers to access live channels, including most major broadcast and cable networks, as long as you're on your home network. 

This is one slick app which really does not replace the cable box because there is no DVR function or OnDemand, but it sure gives a level of flexibilty to the home network. 

Seems to me that every subscriber that opts for a TIVO in lieu of Comcast DVR is money lost for Comcast.  So make the DVR good enough so that no one is willing to shell out the big bucks for a TIVO.  I'm no cable marketing guru, but I know if you make a product good enough people will want it.  Simple capitalism spoken here.  :smileygrin:

Regular Contributor
LS8112

That assumes one can get into the DVR Manager online.  I have probably spent 3 hours trying to get Comcast to fix my problem with it and it is definitely a problem on their end.  For more than a month and a half, when I sign on to Comcast.com and go to DVR Manager, there is a revollving circle and the word "loading".  It happened not long after I got X1 and was frustrated with the "extend" function on the DVR which as we all know is stupidly based on the coding in the guide to know if show is live or not.  I had pulled up a baseball game hit record and then went into the extend function which this happened.  Since then, I personally have deleted cookies and cleared cache, reset my browser to default settings, tried different browsers, tried different PCs, unbelievably, tried to call for assistance mutiple times before getting disconnected after 45 minutes on hold each time.  Then I tried chat.  The first person asked me if I had rebooted my DVR.  I guess that was my first clue this person knew nothing about X1.  That happens regularly about 10 times a week.  The second chat person spent forever on the phone with me and eventually told me he was resetting my comcast.com ID.  Meanwhile, the circle keeps on turning and I still can't get into DVR Manager.  So, I wouldn't recommend relying on it to get anything recorded.

New Visitor

The C button shows sports like all the college games, but the filter is by conference. What about "show all games on TV now?" Frustrating that the games on TV span the conference and you can't see them all listed at once. The Xfinity Sports app for the iPad has this feature. Can we get it into the X1 ?
Regular Contributor
clay5523

That assumes one can get into the DVR Manager online.  I have probably spent 3 hours trying to get Comcast to fix my problem with it and it is definitely a problem on their end.  For more than a month and a half, when I sign on to Comcast.com and go to DVR Manager, there is a revollving circle and the word "loading".  It happened not long after I got X1 and was frustrated with the "extend" function on the DVR which as we all know is stupidly based on the coding in the guide to know if show is live or not.  I had pulled up a baseball game hit record and then went into the extend function which this happened.  Since then, I personally have deleted cookies and cleared cache, reset my browser to default settings, tried different browsers, tried different PCs, unbelievably, tried to call for assistance mutiple times before getting disconnected after 45 minutes on hold each time.  Then I tried chat.  The first person asked me if I had rebooted my DVR.  I guess that was my first clue this person knew nothing about X1.  That happens regularly about 10 times a week.  The second chat person spent forever on the phone with me and eventually told me he was resetting my comcast.com ID.  Meanwhile, the circle keeps on turning and I still can't get into DVR Manager.  So, I wouldn't recommend relying on it to get anything recorded.

Sorry you are having that problem. My DVR Manager works like a champ and lets me schedule, delete  or extend  programs as needed. As you know the DVR Manager has been around before the X1 box. Have you named your individual box or boxes?

Visitor
twizatch

1. Day+ / Day- option (As everyone else is requesting)

2. Pause/Rwd/FF on satellite boxes.

3. Fix your clipping functionality for scheduled recordings. The DVR just cancels the lower priority program if there is a conflict. The old DVR system would simply clip the lower priority show and all will record. This is a must since no shows actually end on the :30 or :00 mark any longer, and you have to set all series to + 1 / + 2 minutes just to catch the entire show. 

4. When you have a series recording setup and the DVR doesn't record the new episode, the DVR doesn't record the next available show time that isn't in conflict with another show. The old system did this seamlessly. And don't say the solution is to change the "record only new episodes" option to "record all." That is not a fix, that is a work around that will result in every episode (even old / repeats from years ago) to record. Most networks replay the current episodes throughout the week, and this system should be able to record the current episode if the original airing was missed or cancelled.

Bronze Star Contributor

[ Edited ]

No question about it, the old guide on the moto dct boxes was far superior, quicker, more informative.

Bronze Star Contributor

To add my (and others) growing list of deficiencies

The delete command The "D" key behavior is wacky depending on where you press it.  SOmetime you are prompted to click OK to complete the delete, other times whamo all gone without confirmation.  Nor is it consistent and seems to have a mind of its own or at least I haven't figured out the pattern....

New Visitor
mark10boca

I just had X1 yesterday and can not believe that I have to scroll by day to reach a program to record. the old remote had a 'day' button, which made it easier to scroll through days at lightning speed. C'mon XFINITY, you already have the technology......Disappointing

New Visitor
mark10boca

I just had X1 yesterday and can not believe that I have to scroll by day to reach a program to record. the old remote had a 'day' button, which made it easier to scroll through days at lightning speed. C'mon XFINITY, you already have the technology......Disappointing

ComcastTeds wrote:

• Ability to quickly navigate out in time in the on-screen program guide to more easily find programs to record.

ComcastTeds wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

ComcastTeds wrote:

• Ability to quickly navigate out in time in the on-screen program guide to more easily find programs to record.nform the customer of conflicts when setting a new series recording ability to pause, rewind and fast forward live TV on the Player Mini’s (non-DVR set-top box)etter documentation on how features work.

Regular Contributor
joejoejoejoe

you can scrole better when you use the mini guide to do that when your on the mini guide click the right button then use the page up and page down to go faster throughout the days

New Visitor
jbraggo

coming from DirectTV and Tivo, I have seen my share of DVR's. The X1 has potential but needs a lot of refining. Wish List - 

1. customize the channel guide and have it save. everyday (an then every couple of hours) I have to select my favorite list in the guide. Why can't it remember it? The guide also shows channels I ma not subscribed to. very annoying.

2. Better managment of recorded shows. When "record only new" is selected it still manages to record a bunch of repeats. Also, the UI tends to freeze while deleting shows.

3. A separate play and pause button on the remote.

4. The ability to save shows from on demand to view later.

5. During an outage, I was unable to view previously recorded shows. The DVR wouldn't even boot up. Is it totally dependant on the internet?

Official Employee

5. It is dependent on forward and return signals like a modem, so yes it's is Internet dependent but not your personal Internet
Bronze Star Contributor
cwayneu

[ Edited ]

Many good requests here. As an X AT&T U-Verse customer, there are things I like better with X1, but many features I miss from U-Verse. Maybe Comcast engineers should take a look at U-Verse with a friend, over a few beers.  ;-)

GUIDE ISSUES

1. Jump forward and back a day in the guide (maybe use the >> and << buttons while in the guide). I really miss this one.

2. The popup description in the guide is worthless. Use two full lines at the top or bottom of the screen to actually give you more than five words.

3. U-Verse did the above, as well as giving you a LIVE mini window of each channel as you arrow up and down through the guide.

RECORDING ISSUES

1. Warn us immediately when we schedule a recording conflict.

2. Record the ending time plus 1 minute by default. Many recordings I do get chopped before the actual program end.

3. Allow us to sort our recorings list by date, channel, title, or category

REMOTE ISSUES

1. Add an input / source function so that the TV can be switched without needing the TV remote.

2. How about a back light in the remote, that times out after 10 seconds of inactivity to save battery life. I REALLY miss this feature.

3. **NEW** -  From time to time, the X1 receiver shows a SEVERE lag (more than 10 seconds) from the remote button pressed. It's like trying to Skype with someone on Mars (very frustrating).

OTHER

1. Allow SEARCH to be filtered for channels only, On Demand only, or both.

Contributor
white_noise

Is anyone from comcast reading these requests, or are we just wishing? Does anyone know?

Bronze Star Contributor

I think their reading, I just think they don't see any of these posts and problems as anything requiring attention.

Contributor
white_noise

Agreed.

New Visitor
akastimpy

The thing I would like the most, so much that I am contemplating buying a Tivo to get it is the ability to block channels I dont want to see.

I am a channel surfer, always have been. Not being able to skip all the garbage I never want to see or watch is driving me nuts. Why can we not block channels? What is the reasoning for not having this option?

Forcing me to have to see the news-sports-shopping-foreign language-prem. channels (I dont subscribe to) and to have to surf through them is NOT going to make me want to watch them. If anything it makes me actually miss Dish dvr (never thought I'd say that!)

Anyway thats my biggest wish and biggest regret about subscribing to comcast, some other stuff is the inability of the x1 to hang on to the favorites list I made, I have to reset almost everytime I want to use it.

Need to be able to jump out by days or week, not just by the hour on the guide.

One more thing...please could I just go to channel 2 when I push 2? Its silly to have to push a channel number then push it again because I am now in search mode. just give us a search button instead of making every push of a number a search....that is all.