Visitor
Bob64

X1 DVR Not Recording Scheduled Series Recordings

[ Edited ]

So I have had this service for 3 weeks. Two Sundays in a row now, the box has failed to record the three series recordings I had scheduled to record at 9PM. There is no DVR History like I had with the Motorola Box I replaced with the X1 so the shows just don't show up and there is no error message. The box recorded one of the three, the one lowest in the priority list, which I now suspect places the highest rank on the the highest number in the priority list. The Motorola placed new series at the bottom of the priority list and the X1 places them at the top, so this would make sense. Originally, we had 4 shows set to record, but I know that even though Comcast says you can record 4 and watch a 5th, you can only record 4 if you are watching the 4th channel. So I cancelled one show and set it to a different time and was watching a 5th channel when 9PM rolled around. If I am correct about the priority list being backwards, I am thinking the reason the two shows I was watching didn't record was that they were at the top of my priority list, I was watching a 5th show when 9PM rolled around which immediately negated a fourth recording and the 4th cancelled show still took up a slot. I changed the channel right at 9PM and tried to manually record one of the programs to no avail. The box does not set the programs that failed to record to record at a later time or date either.

The software for all it's bells and whistles is buggy. There is no DVR History, you should be able to erase recordings as well as delete them from the menu. In On Demand, you should be able to sort TV Shows alphabetically.[UPDATE] Perhaps I didn't notice before, but you can sort in On Demand with the A Button. Yay!  A Show Reminder needs to be re-added. Don't get me started on the remote, you can't move forward frame by frame with this remote, it is too small and the info button is definitely too small. Pause and Play SHOULD NOT BE 1 single button. There is a lot to like with the X1, but there are many things my old motorola just does better, and it never failed to record for me...ever!

Massive drama with DVR service on August 4th, I had to reboot the boxes 4 times to get them working again between last night and today. The machine did record my shows except the one I cancelled while I was watching it. Then I received an email at midnight last night asking "Did it solve your problem?" with no post here which is very strange. Is this Comcast's way of communicating with me? If so it is quite cryptic. I put in a call to tech support at the beginning of last week and they were supposed to call me back within 3 days and I never did get that call. So that begs the question, did what solve my problem? Your update? I will let you know next Sunday.

There is obviously something going on every Sunday night. Why Comcast can't wait until 3 AM on a weeknight to play with the system is beyond me. I can only deduce they don't care how many customers they anger. Make sure you update your boxes in the tools - about section of the menu. The box doesn't seem to be skipping recordings any longer. But it can take an hour or two for a program to delete sometimes, a reboot will fix that. There are times Comcast is messing with the boxes and they work like mud.

It has been a long time since I last posted and so I thought I would update all of you on what has worked best for me. Weekly I try to update every box from the "Settings - About" Screen. I always erase the shows I have deleted right after deleting them. If my box becomes sluggish, like if it refuses to remove an erased show from my recordings, or won't show a program that I have recorded, I will reboot the box right away or when it is finished recording if it happens while recording.

The box used to show a red bar when recording a show but hasn't done so since 2 or 3 weeks after I got it, it is always blue now. Just because your series recording doesn't show the red dots doesn't mean it isn't recording. If you go to your recording while in progress and you are able to rewind even though you were on another channel, it is recording. If the show doesn't show up right away, give it a few minutes maybe even an hour, but note that you should reboot the box as soon as possible. You can do that from the settings menu. The show might not show up at all in recordings until you reboot if the box is behaving sluggishly, but it probably did record it for you. Reboot and see.

By following these procedures, although a pain, I have found the box to be workable. I recently left for two weeks and found all of my shows, 25 of them, had recorded without error. The boxes still need work, but it hasn't failed to record for me in quite some time. Hope this helps some of you as I know how frustrated my wife and I get by this seemingly always malfunctioning pos... But when it works well, it is pretty good.

Still needs single frame forward and separate pause and play buttons, for starters...

New Visitor
Prodrigo

Re: X1 DVR Not Recording Scheduled Series Recordings

I feel for you I am having the same issue with my X1 recording issues I just got off the phone with them and have an appt for service call to come out and figure out whats the issue and my box also resets itself sometimes and freezes up  and just last night a scheduled recording started at 8pm and it recorded for literally 1 second then it said series was interupted and was recorded in 2 parts would i like to watch part 2 i hit yes and it only recorded 20 mins of show from 8:40 to 9:00pm and last week on a differetn recording never recorded the show at all >.< I am not a happy camper right now every day the DVR freezes or skips forward or locks up and my husband is a tech 5 and checked everything here but I am debating to get rid of this X1 and go back to the old boxes :smileysad:

Recognized Contributor
Sevebp

I do not have X1  or X2  ( sorry not interested in paying more to Comcast for additional services)  I have the very basic Starter subscription and have the same issue  where my scheduled recording do not get recored,  I first reported this issue in March when they upgraded software to the TV Guide menu from  A28-A30  I guess in preperation for X1  new features the end result everyone no matter the platform  has problems.  If you call Comcast they tell you do unplug and reboot your box, or they will send a refresh signal or you can get a traded box ( from a Comcast office o  home trip)  none of the three work.   Until Comcast fixes the bugs with the A30 upgrade I recommend you double check your scheduled recording two hours before they are scheduled to record to make sure,  I have been doing this and reprogramming my programs since March,  no much for technology and customer service.

Steve

New Visitor
DavidSSF

[ Edited ]

At first I was very excited to get the X1 platform now I'm not too happy with the DVR and the limited capabilities of the remote control.  I'm having trouble recording a serires with new and repeat episodes. I am setting it up correctly in the guide, but it is not recoring the repeat episodes.  Another problem I encountered was I set up to record a series in HD and it only recorded the standard definition.  So frustrating!  I was also disappointed by the remote as well, you can no longer program your tv input on this remote which is an inconvenience when toggling between other devices such as my Apple TV.  I am also experiencing problems recording shows from the Xfinity App, it says syncing and never sets up the recording.  I really love the sophisticated interface and look of the X1 on screen menu but it needs a lot of software updates to fix all these bugs.  I might consider going back to my previous any room DVR until Comcast fixes these issues.  

Contributor
Jasonkeys90

Seriously. When will Comcast address the issue with this worthless DVR service? How difficult can it be? How are we supposed to believe they are "working diligently" to fix the POS? Any word from Customer service? Help!?!!!
New Visitor
tschav

Two weeks of shoddy X1 service. Dead remote functions. Box randomly reboots itself. Guide freezes up on me. I can understand a few glitches here and there, but the cable box has been useless (literally, I had to unplug it to turn it off).

Had another tech come and install a replacement X1 box. Having the exact same issues as before. I can't imagine I'm having bad luck with two boxes when all services are saying there's no issues with the cable feed.

Visitor
Bob64

[ Edited ]

You could try erasing all of the deleted programs. My box has been working really good for the last week, since about a day after the August 4th fiasco and I have been erasing the deleted programming as I go, I am going to start storing it again and see if it causes me issues again. So far, so good, knock on wood.

Contributor
pliny_the_elder

There should be a DVR history.  After two series recordings did not record for me I noticed today that even with the series recording set only the shows for after today are scheduled to record.  The one that should be recorded today has the red circle with the line through it.  However, unlike the old DVR I can't look at the history to see why it thinks it shouldn't have recorded.  I suspect this may be the cause of many of the missed recordings people are seeing...

New Visitor
Larry19

I have my X1 box set to record all new episodes of "Unforgettabe" at 9:00 on Sunday night.  At about 8:30 tonight (Sunday) it still showed the show was ready to record at 9:00.  But, it didn't.  At about 9:20 I noticed it wasn't recording, so I went in and checked the settings.  The show was no longer in the "Scheduled" list.  I tried to record it manually, but because I have it set to record the series, it wouldn't let me do that either.  Very frustrating.  I've had the X1 box for three weeks now and this is the third time this has happened.  Come on, Comcast, there are some major bugs here that need to be worked out...

New Visitor
Rouellette

I'm having the same issue. Shows are set to record, yet do not. 

I notice there isn't a reply from a Comcast tech support or a moderator. 

Why do we pay SO MUCH every month for something that doesn't function to a satisfactory level?

Why do we have to call and call and call customer service, only to never actually have the issues fixed?

We got the bundled x1, and our caller id still shows up under the last person who had the number's name. Two weeks later. The phone reception is terrible. (You can hear other conversations, or it cuts out so bad you are unable to hear)

The amount of bandwidth it uses is incredibly horrid. If I am watching anything ondemand, my internet loading speed is near dial-up slow. I've had to reset the modem twice this week. 

I pay way too much each month to have to do self service on buggy products that never seem to be fixed.

I'll give it another month. After that, i'm done. 

Regular Contributor
wtalexander

A lot of that sounds like back end and line quality issues.... did the tech that installed the X1 test the singnal strength at each cable end from all your boxes to your modem and so on?? They should have done that and replaced any bad cable ends and/or installed a Signal Booster. 

I've never run into any badwidth issues with our network/internet acces along side the X1 boxes when watching OnDemand. 

Also please understand you paid into a Beta program you are expected to run into bugs note them and report them. I find getting mad over issues just adds a second line of difficulty for no reason.

Contributor

Same thing happens to me every Sunday. Have to try putting first priority in the last position.

New Visitor
mrojasinwa

I agree whole heartedly to everything that you said.  I am having the exact same issues.  The Comcast/Xfinity guy was even out at our house yesterday and we told him if we have any more issues going on then we will be returning our X1 system and going back to our anyroom DVR.  I have to admit though I love being able to record 4 shows while watching a 5th.  It would be very hard to go back to only being able to record 2.  

Visitor
KenRider

I've noticed a similar/related problems 3 times in the last week or so. I checked my scheduled recordings yesterday. I had 3 programs scheduled for tonight, Dexter, Ray Donovan and Copper. When I just checked now, only Copper showed up as scheduled. However, if look at the guide, Dexter and Ray Donovan say they're recording, i.e. the 3 red circles next to the name. I also checked online and DVR Manager says they're recording. If today is like previous times, those 2 won't show up as being recorded even after they start or are over. If I wait until they're over and power cycle the box, they show up.

Visitor
dtremere

I just wanted to chime in that I am having the same type of issue.

(X1 DVR model px001anm  &  X1 Anywhere model pr150bnm)

Even though it shows Breaking Bad is a Series Recording, it has skipped it the past 2 weeks.  Then last night it skipped How I Met Your Mother, although it is listed to record next week.

I can't believe there's not history log or anything at all to help you figure out why it didn't do what it said it was going to do.  Additionally I was not given any kind of documentation or manual for either of my X1 boxes and I cannot locate any on the Comcast website (or elsewhere on the internet either).  

Anyone else have an documentation??

Also my Anywhere box tends to get more & more sketchy the longer it's been on without a reboot (it starts to drag or will sit on some screen for a long time before jumping ahead again).  If I reset it from the menu it seems to restore it back to the beginning of the cycle.  My box reboots itself every single night.  Even if I have just manually reset it from the menu, if it gets the reset command from Comcast it reboots all over again, which is frustrating since a reboot takes between 3 and 6 minutes.

I've not had much luck calling support, they really don't know much about the X1 systems in Tier 1, I've had to educate most of the people I've spoken to (well, TRIED to educate).

I have to say that I really like the X1 platform itself but it sure seems like there was little (if ANY) testing of this thing before they started rolling it out.  And the training for their own support people is non-existent as well.

-Doug in Philly

Visitor
KenRider

Yesterday we had 7 programs set to record. All of them appeared as Scheduled. At 10pm MDT last night, 3 of them showed up as saved. The other 4 still showed up as scheduled even though it was past their time. Figuring it was yet another X1 DVR problem, I tried powering off/on using the power button and, when that didn't work, power cycling by removing the power cord. Neither worked (which hadn't been the case previously). How can a DVR possibly be this bad?
Contributor
joehandy

I've got the answer. TiVo Roamio Pro. I just wrote this long a s s post about having the same problems as you and I am considering going the TiVo way simply because the X1 box is not working as advertised. The only negative on the TiVo side is: Price. Their new box the Roamio Pro has six tuners and all the APS (plus more) than the X1 has. It's SO frustrating! I had this HUGE a s s post and then it was just gone. Poof. I clicked post, it didn't do anything, clicked post again. Same. Thought "OMG! Vive posted twice! How embarrassing! I could die!". Clicked the X1 DVR Not Recording Scheduled Recording, you know, just to see how many posts I had of the same post you know? None. Zero. OMG this one is starting to look as long as the other did. I'm just gonna shut my trap...

New Visitor
bmurr22

Seems like I'm not the only person having this issue with scheduled recordings not recording.  It's only been happening recently to me since about August.  I was thinking a failed untested software update since it worked when I first got the service back in May.  Would be nice if another update was pushed out to fix this.

Contributor
fred_k

I'm having the same issues... Scheduled recordings do not record 50% of the time. I've tried setting recordings from the iPhone app, the comcast website from my computer, and directly on the TV. It also doesn't tell you if there is a recording conflict like the previous DVR's did.
Contributor
joehandy

OMG! Have you had problems with your remote or box or WHATEVER it is that causes the TV not to respond to your remote clicks..Until...All of the sudden it decides to catch up all at once? THAT really drives me insane! This weekend, is TiVo time. I can't take this anymore. I've called support and waited (literally) hours and I'm SICK of it!

Visitor
dtremere

...update from Philly...

Tuesday night, after the DVR skipped 2 recordings in a row, I called & spoke with support for a while.  We went through resetting the box, etc but at the end of the call he decided to forward the problem on to Tier 2 support.

If anything comes from that I will post another update.

-Doug in Philly

Contributor
catipton

I am also having this problem, so very frustrated.  Two nights in a row I ahve sat down to watch my recorded series which showed in the list to record earlier in the day to find it did not record. Checking the show it shows it is suppose to record on a record series.   I had put them in the favorites, but removed them in case that was causing the issue.  I will be calling them in the morning, upset. 

Visitor

Yup same issue here. Funny thing is they still show under scheduled and if you select the missed recording it seems to think it recorded and gives you the option to "watch on dvr" select that and it just sits at the big DVR screen until you exit out.

Contributor

Where is Comcast Support on this thread ? You would think they would monitor this and respond. This morning the red record light was on on the X1 box and it was recording away at something ? Nothing was set to record and nothing shows up as recorded. Have to restart box everyday to try to get it to record scheduled shows.

Contributor
catipton

Okay so i called comcast and they sent a test to my box and now I can NOT record anything!!!  They made it worse.  They said they were going to send it up to Tech 2 and it could be 72 hours before I hear as they have 8,000 tickets and two people working on them.  I let them know what I felt about that.  And that they should have told me what didnt work before they set me up.   They said they have lots of calls on this issue and I said they should be doing a global fix then for everybody, not happy at all!

Contributor
theisonews

im on my third day with comcast and the x1.  i can't not record at all,  i  select the movie press the red record button on the remote.  i also tried  info and from there i select record and still nothing.   I can sehdule a recording and when the time comes i can see the red dot on the right side of the movie's name on the guide, after it is over there is nothing in my record list.

will there be a fix soon?

Contributor
Brianwt6684

Not sure if this will work for everyone, but the x1 dvr didn't record 2 out 3 series recordings on Monday night that started at 7cst but still recorded the one that was scheduled at 8cst. So I staggered the start times(started one 2 mins early 6:58, one 1min early 6:59, and one on time 7:00) for the series recordings on Tuesday and Wednesday that started at the same time and they all recorded as scheduled. Apparently the x1 as is now won't or can't start more than 1 recording at a time. I shouldn't have to do this but for now it's the only thing that works.
Contributor
catipton

I will try this but right now comcast screwed with it so it isn't recording anything.  not happy.

Visitor
KenRider

The missed recordings, slow response to remote buttons pressed, etc. seem to happen after the box has been up for a while and seem reminiscent of a memory leak problem with the software/firmware on the X1. As a test, for the last 3 days I've rebooted the X1 (hold down the power button for 20 seconds then release) in the late afternoon. Every day it has recorded all the shows without an issue. We also haven't had any issues with slow and/or built-up response to remote button presses.

I noticed another issue the other day watching an hour long program I had recorded a week or so ago. As I was forwarding through the commercials I noticed it didn't seem to be showing me where I was at in the hour. Then I noticed the current position arrow at the very end of the hour BUT it said I was 383,354 hours (and the current number of minutes) into my recording. I didn't realize the X1 could hold 400 thousand hours of recordings :smileyshocked:

Contributor
catipton

Tried the trick of making it start at different times and it worked.   But I still can't record anything new now.

Contributor
dfrAA

"but it sure seems like there was little (if ANY) testing of this thing before they started rolling it out."

If you look at enough Forum comments related to the x1, especially the posting dates, you'll see the x1 was rolled out more than 3 years ago, just in limited areas.  I think Comcast has had ample time to get it right, but the issues keep rolling on.

Contributor
theisonews

my x1 was not recording at all.  but now it does. i went to settings, then prefrence  then i change the default dvr setting.    i can record now defaultdvr.jpg

Contributor
catipton

I do not have the option default DVr but have all the others
Visitor
CasFamily

I also don't have this option.  COMCAST HELP PLEASE!  ARE YOU HERE?

Contributor

Comcast tech support is nowhere to be found on this thread. Tells me they have no idea how to fix this.

Contributor
dfrAA

catipton wrote:
I do not have the option default DVr but have all the others

If I go in through my DVR (I have the x1 platform = 1 DVR, two satellite units), I do not get the "Default DVR" option on that screen...like you, I only see the other options.  However, if I go in through the Internet to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings (you have to have an account and be signed-in), there is a section titled "Device Settings"; select "Manage Cable Boxes and DVRs" and, lo and behold, you can set your default DVR.  There's also a setting for "TV Control" (On/Off), but I have no idea what it does, so I have all of mine set to "On".

Good luck.

Visitor
CasFamily

[ Edited ]

Thanks.  This is cool.  I've sent a private message to comcastkara, but I'm still waiting for a reply.

This, http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings , definitely shows the default DVR for me, but it's a radio box and it's set to selected.  I can't toggle anything, except the TV control option and that didn't change anything for me.

My DVR still says it's recording but nothing shows in the Saved list.

Comcast, help, please.

Visitor
Bob64

I added to my first post, please read it, it may help. Reboot the box, your recordings should show up.

Regular Contributor
JGal31

ComcastKara left the company...I believe the main forum moderator is now ComcastLarry.

New Visitor
helehart13

I am serious issues with the X1 platform and am looking for any kind of help before I cancel Comcast and go with Fios.  I upgraded (or downgraded as it feels now) to the X1 anyroom dvr and 3 boxes that can watch the anyroom.  I set up a bunch of series recordings.  The first week random days would not record the series.  I checked the priorty list and that is not the issue.  It says that it is set for a series recording but does not record nor show up on the scheduled recordings.  When you try to modify the show with the series recording, it still shows that is due to record.  I have tried cancelling and re-recording, but it says that it cancels bu on the guide it still shows up as a series recording

All of that being said, I have called customer service numerous times, they have sent another tech out who switched out my dvr box for a new one and told me that my signal strength is great.  Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.  They transfer to other departments, state that a supervisor will call back and have escalated my problem to a tier 2 and I have NEVER had a supervisor, tier 2 tech or anyone call me back.  I have to keep calling back with the 15 different Cr#'s that they give to find out the person on the other end has no idea what I m talking about. 

It seems as though the dvr is only recording 2 things at once.  No rhyme or reason, just only recording 2 things.  All of my series recordings that I set-up on the old dvr box are still there yet they are not recording.  Can someone help me, point me in the right direction give e the name of someone at Comcast that can help or point me in the direction of a good lawyer that would like to talk about class action?  Now that I have come upstairs, one of the serie recordings is on the DVR downstairs but it isn't showing up on the box upstairs.  Is this platform this much of a POS or am I dealing with incompetence at an epic level?

PLEASE HELP

New Visitor
Dadamado

HI,  My x1 service only one week old now and just seeing the same issue as others here.  Here is my thought.  Like the old anyroom setup I could set recordings from the anyroom units but recordings set like that don't actually record even though it appears as if they are scheduled.   I'm new to this problem but have begun canceling any recordings that don't appear to be recording and the going to the DVR unit and resetting up the recording there.  It seems to have worked but with all of u commenting here I think I may have more problems to come.  Also if you are using ur apps on your devices to record make sure when you schedule new recordings that you are controling your DVR Box and not a anyroom Box.  It seems that may be part of the confusion here.  If this is the case I wish they would just block the record option on the anyroom boxes and force you to the DVR instead of allowing this confusion to go on.  Good Luck All

New Visitor
Dadamado

Here is another comcast site to see if your system has any bad info associated with it. http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh

Regular Contributor

I had scheduled American Horror Story for last night....I confirmed it was set to record.  Turn on tube...not there.   It also took out the upcoming Homeland Episodes I had for series recordings on Sunday.   Went and cancelled series...then readded it....still nothing.

I cannot trust this box.   And once you lose trust what do you have.   Not to mention low volume.

Regular Contributor
scottuf

posted this in another thread - try turning the box off and back on again with the green light button.  missing recordings came back.

"Got X1 on Monday 10/7.  Haven't had any issues until just tonight.  Had 3 recordings scheduled for tonight at 8.  Was watching American Horror Story from last night on DVR and when it ended planning on watching something that was scheduled to record at 8.  Going into my recordings nothing had recorded, and noticed the red light was not on the box.  Great!  Hit the power button on the box, turned it off then back on.  When it came on the red light came on and noticed the 3 recordings were now in the recordings folder.  Started watching one that started at 8 and wasn't there before turning the box off and on and it had recorded from the beginning.  I think the bug isn't that they don't record, but something happens that keeps them from appearing in the list.  Glad my shows are actually there, and hope this fix helps someone else."

New Visitor
inadaze

I'm in the Chicago suburbs and have had X1 since early August.  In those 2 months, I've had 6 service calls and numerous hours on hold with tech support.  Most of my issues are with one of my boxes freezing on a channel overnight. Power cycling fixes the freeze but it happens 5 out of 7 days each week. I ended up putting a timer on that box that shuts it off at 5 AM and back on at 5:30 which serves the purpose of power cycling. The past week, the recording functionality has stopped.  I cannot add shows to be recorded or cancel shows that I wish to stop from being recorded. Series that are only supposed to record "New" episodes record the replayed episodes.  Other series that are scheduled to record do not record at all.  It's a joke. Calling Tech Support is worthless and all they do is tell me to power cycle the boxes.   A tech came out yesterday and was at my house for over 4 hours. He replaced the DVR box but since it didn't download the firmware updates, he was on tech-support for appx. 2 of the 4 hours he was here.  He spent another hour watching the screen as it was supposedly "updating" firmware.  Once he got the box to work, I was able to record 1, count em 1 show.  Today, I cannot record anything.  He also failed to activate a setting that would allow me to access my saved recordings from the cloud.  My main gripe is the loss of recording functionality as the DVR is currently useless.  I've heard about a "national outage for X1 DVR" but have never heard anything about a fix or timetable for a fix.  If anyone has ideas that can fix my predicament or when the X1 national outage repair is supposed to be available please let me know.

Regular Contributor

OK I am trying to schedule the OSU v WSU game.  It shows a red dot on the guide.  It is NOT in my scheduled recordings.  I am recording the BOS v DET game.....it went away after about 2 hours of recording.  I have had it.  I will be on the phone Monday during business hours trying to get as far up the chain as I can demanding a refund.

Bronze Star Contributor
cldlhd

for some reason my x1 box decided not to tape the walking dead at 9 but it is taping boardwalk empire and homeland which both started at 9 also. It was definitely scheduled as a series recording .

Regular Contributor

I hope mine gets Homeland tonite at 9.

Here is the VERY LATEST issue.   I scheduled Portland v Seattle MLS game at 6pm.   I go turn it on and it is not recording.   But the RED DOT is there in the guide.  But not in my list of recordings.   But when I went to the guide and info it has the yellow box and it stated that my GREAT ROOM DVR may be unplugged.   Wait...I am watching the GREAT ROOM DVR so it is not unplugged.   So is the communication between my machine and the cloud messed up or what?????

Spoiler
:smileyangry:
Bronze Star Contributor
cldlhd

I  think the TVcontrol has to do with allowing channels to be changed using a smartphone app

Bronze Star Contributor
cldlhd

Thought about trying the turn the box off and on solution suggested by others but instead just programmed it to tape the later showing of the walking dead and will watch homeland and boardwalk  for now

oregonducks444 wrote:

I hope mine gets Homeland tonite at 9.

Here is the VERY LATEST issue.   I scheduled Portland v Seattle MLS game at 6pm.   I go turn it on and it is not recording.   But the RED DOT is there in the guide.  But not in my list of recordings.   But when I went to the guide and info it has the yellow box and it stated that my GREAT ROOM DVR may be unplugged.   Wait...I am watching the GREAT ROOM DVR so it is not unplugged.   So is the communication between my machine and the cloud messed up or what?????

Spoiler
:smileyangry: