Official Employee

X1 DVR Specs

[ Edited ]
For those who are having issues and thinking it may or not be a signal issue here's how to check
1. Hold down exit button for more than 5 seconds
2. Press the down arrow twice
3. Press 2
4. Down to system and right arrow to page 5 of 9
Downstream received should be between 8 and -8
Downstream SNR should be over 35
Upstream Power should be between 35 and 51
As always all systems are different but those ranges should stay pretty close or identical in each
It's a little tricky getting in, it may take a few tries

My DVR is sitting at -4 down snr 38, 49 up

And this works for the terminals as well
Contributor
Benbvan

Re: X1 DVR Specs

Thank you.
My downstream power is -8.3
Downstream snr is 36.6
Upstream power is 54.5....

Could this have a bearing on my picture quality, and have you noticed a pictilure degradationsince moving to the x1 platform?
Thank you.
Official Employee

Ben do you only have one box?
New Visitor
vach

I'm on 8/2/13 firmware, and we have been missing recordings lately. Many of my wife's recordings are not recording (although the red record button shows in guide next to them prior to the show starting). The shows that don't record happen to be during primetime, coincidence?

Signal levels as of now --

Downstream Rcvd Power: +5.8 dBmV (seems high?)

Downstream SNR: 37.3 dB

Upstream Power: 48 dBmV

Anything peculiar with my signals, Andrew? They seem to be in spec, just wondering if weak signals (maybe during primetime only) could cause recordings to be missed?

New Visitor
vach

We have 1 X1 and 2 HD remote units (RNG150 I think) + AnyRoom ...

Official Employee

Missing recordings seems really common lately especially sundays for whatever reason. Your levels are fine
Bronze Problem Solver

The origional poster meant signal levels, but here is some info about the X1's hardware Specs. This is the X1 box, rite? 

Xg1 DVR Specs :
Web page -
http://www.pace.com/americas/products/set-top-box/cable-cc/xg1/

data sheet -
http://www.pace.com/Documents/Products/Am/STB/xg1.pdf

Cable company's are responsible for adding the operating system & box's UI, so some of the cabilities apparently are not implimented in Comcast's X1.

Interestingly enough per Pace's new releases, Tivo built an OS including a Tivo based UI (with same or similar X1 features) for this same Xg1 box and began distributing the boxes to several Cable companies way back, (2011?).

Contributor
Benbvan

I have one x1 box, I believe the second is x1 hd set-top box in the master bedroom and an ad dta in my daughter's room.
I can't record from my bedroom. Though it's a new box with the x1 OS. I'm wondering if the filter they installed is messing with my signal. Picture is smooth, but nowhere near is crisp and a lot of small block noise. And the image seems to have much less contrast.. almost washed-out. Like a weak signal.
New Visitor
Delshin

The x1 should have a transmit 50 or below and the receive should be between + or - 8. If you have a house with old wiring, 59 from 25 years ago, you will not have a good x1 experience .
Contributor
evantl1

Just got my new X1 DCT and discovered that its IR remote control codes are not "learnable" by my very expensive and versitile Home Theater Master MX-500 programmable remote.  Tried it with a newer model Universal RF20 which is only able to 'learn' the channel down button.  I'm wondering if maybe the Motorola DCT has a different remote that might work for me (my oldone was a Motorola).  If not, are there any other options or 'hacks' that might work?  I really didn't expect this "upgrade" to cost me over $1,000 to replace professionally programmed remotes with Harmony or some other inferior workaround. 

Recognized Contributor
gotpizza

evantl1 wrote:

Just got my new X1 DCT and discovered that its IR remote control codes are not "learnable" by my very expensive and versitile Home Theater Master MX-500 programmable remote.  Tried it with a newer model Universal RF20 which is only able to 'learn' the channel down button.  I'm wondering if maybe the Motorola DCT has a different remote that might work for me (my oldone was a Motorola).  If not, are there any other options or 'hacks' that might work?  I really didn't expect this "upgrade" to cost me over $1,000 to replace professionally programmed remotes with Harmony or some other inferior workaround. 

Harmony remotes are great...maybe you should call your "remote control professional"..

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

1. X1 uses a weird set of command codes. Many universal remotes struggle to learn their codes.

2. Sorry dude but the MX-500 and RF-20 are BOTH HIGHLY out of date. Your MX-500 may have been "expensive and versatile" when you bought it but it is dreadfully out of date now. The RF-20 is one of the most basic remotes URC has ever made. I highly doubt either of them will work with X1.

3. My URC MX-780 controls X1 just fine put it needs to be pointed out that the MX-780 is a current product.

4. Your remotes are old. You have gotten good usage out of them. It's time to upgrade. The URC MX-890 and MX-780 are great remotes...

evantl1 wrote: