Contributor

X1 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The X1 platform is a complete joke.  Our connection speed has drop pretty much nothing!!  Takes 5 mins for a page to load.  X1 is not the platform that is advertised.  You do not get all of the apps.  Sales, tech & customer support have done nothing but lied to my wife and I   Our issues are unresolved.  Since changing platforms legitimate email address have been changed to spam by comcast and now way to set them back to a non spam status

Comcast does not have the courage to deal with this so they hide behind lies

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: X1 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

As you are aware that this is still a new feature that comcast has came out with. New features will always have bugs.

Contributor

That does not excuse the flat out lies by the sales people that got us to sign up.  The fact that your advertising states that the apps are available on all the boxes, not just the main box.  This lie was repeated by every one we spoke to!!!.  The incompetence of the installer he could not even find the right boxes at first!!  This was the least of his problems.  I should have called the police on him!!  Never again send a contartor here!!!  Then there is the rudness and the lies of this person Armita Redfield!!  The fact that we have lost all of our connection speed speaks how little Comcast thinks of its customers !!  It looks you have killed a 30 year relationship with your lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

reasd wrote:

Hello,

As you are aware that this is still a new feature that comcast has came out with. New features will always have bugs.

As will old, revised features, as indicated in this Email Forum..  :smileysad:

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

X1 is a cable tv box.

Unless I'm missing something your tv box has nothing to do with your internet speed and email.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

This post was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines (language filter circumvention). http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289

New Visitor
w00w

totally agree

unit stops responding

waste of time

unbelievable poor design or delivery X1  is -X1  what a jokee

Regular Contributor
PSUGOLD

Agree.  I HATE the X1.  Been stuck with it over a month now, it is trash.  X1 box is awful, lags every click, guide works poorly, DVR always is broken, etc...  and now my other boxes keep dying where the remote stops working and I have to reboot.  

EVERY DAY something breaks...I WANT MY $ BACK

New Visitor
PhilsyR

Who ever designed and beta tested the X1 box should be fired.  When you get a new and improved box, you shouldn't loose features and quality, and still have to pay the same price.  My audio cuts out every few minutes, the picture quality by far is way worse with the new box, the screen and remote freezes constantly.  I have had multiple visits by multiple techs to check the lines, they inform this is problems yet can't fix them.  I asked for the old box back and they said it is nearly impossible for them to get approval to go back to an old box.  The only possilbe way to do this is to take the box back to a service center myself and exchange it.  And that's what I am going to do.  I have tried calling Comcast, gone through countless phone menu's only to be sent to the wrong department.  I have tried to file a complaint on the website, but that is impossible.  I have tried to hit the "Chat" button, only to get an error message:    Oops! We were unable to load the page you were looking for.  Please try again or click here to refresh this page.  And of course "click here" doesn't work.  COMCAST IS A JOKE AND WE NEED TO HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.  The new customers get a sweet price break yet the old customers get the shaft.  SWITCHING TO VERIZION, just to make a point.

New Visitor
iguibas

X1 continuously locks up; no picture. These are definitely not ready for market. 4 techs since Friday and system still does not work. Waste of time. Calling now to have them take this POS back.
Contributor

tell what you think on their Facebook page, Xfinity

New Visitor
mackback

I love my X1 box. Wish it had a few more features like favorites.

My mani issue is that the volume does down slightly and then back up every 15 minutes.

The tech support people seem like trainees - I said that Ihad the x1 box then there was silence.

I know they are reading the manual so I should have more patience. The internet said that ths is a common problem. I hope that it will eventually be fixed. I don't [lan to drop the box.

New Visitor
onearmmoose

I so agree with you . They have no clue. The equip is lousy and the service even worse. Let's face it they just don't care.

Contributor
DaAvenger

Ms. Ward from Comcast HQ in Chicago just told me they have stopped selling X1 as of October 2nd because they have no idea what is causing X1 DVR problems or when they will be resolved. They claim the problems only affects some customers. Funny it only affects some customers but they stopped selling X1 in Chicago market and based on other post in other markets as well. Ms. Ward states the ONLY thing Comcast is offering customer is to replace your X1 with the old "Legacy" style DVR's. Do they really know how much time it took to set up series recordings and prioritize them! Plus I've been saving shows so I can watch entire seasons of a series all at once. This is a no win situation for the customer. 

I live in Chicago area  and I have had a multitude of issues for months. I also experienced the most recent Nationwide Outage on October 4th to 5th. Since the Nationwide outage you may have also noticed you now can no longer record any NEW programming. The DVR did record a couple previously shows set up before the outage but NOW NOTHING records. 

Prior to the national outage the X1 would only record about 80 to 90% of scheduled shows depending on the week. It would constantly refuse to record my #1 overall rated show, Breaking Bad, as set in the Priority Manager section of the DVR. Yet it would record the 3rd and 4th prioritized shows in the same time slot. The DVR would also not display shows being recorded sometimes for as long as 36 hours after the recording finished. The issue of not being able to view a show after recording had started but not shown in SAVED recordings was very common. You don't know if it's actually recording. And I record it vs. watch live so I can streamline viewing and skip the commercials. Who wants to watch a sporting event AFTER it had finished recording or almost 2 days after the fact? The DVR will start recording a show 2 to 4 minutes late on a regular basis and sometimes as much as 40 to 50 minutes late. This is only an example of some of the X1 DVR issues. I reboot my DVR almost every day vs. calling Comcast and speaking to CSR's who don't have a clue about your problem. The problems I have experienced are the same as those in previous markets where X1 was rolled out such as Atlanta, GA and Philadelphia, PA. 

Comcast has sold us all a very inferior product. None of my friends with the multi-room DVR like AT&T or Direct TV have these issues, only Comcast. If I had read the Comcast forums with other customers confirming same the problems as mine I never would have jumped on board. How can Comcast be talking about rolling out X2 when they have so many issues with the X1.

And until today's call with Ms Ward they have treated me like I was the only one having X1 issues. I have documented every problem possible trying to help them resolve my issues only to be finally be told the issue is X1, not me, and no idea when or if the issues will be resolved. 5 or 6 service calls for about 20 hours and probably another 20 just itemizing daily issues and sending them weekly e-mails displaying the issues. Do not pass go and just replace your DVR with the old Legacy series and lose all your recorded programming prior to the national outage and set up and prioritization of series recordings. It's just your time lost not Comcast so what's the problem!

Contributor
screagle2000

Nothing but freez ups and buggy behavior. Even their website is crashing. I am getting tired of being on hold 30 minutes to be asked the same 20 stupid questions with no solutions!

New Visitor
BigRedFish

Am I on candid camera? Can comcast really be this stupid and shambolic? We are 5 replacement X1 boxes in and the sound still drops out and now the DVR won't work.

Customer support is useless! I took a day off work to be here AGAIN for yet another service visit and guess what........ you're right, they didn't turn up.

Utterly , utterly hopless bunch of leech sucking idiots.

Don't sell products that you know aren't ready for release.

I had direct TV for 5 years and it was flawless. Customer support was excellent. Three months with comcast have been a painful joke.

Ok I feel better for sharing!

New Visitor
dissatisfied06

Same issues here, 3weeks into it and the sattelite box doesn't work and hasn't since 4 hours after installation. Directv never had these issues, but I wanted to save money. Bad decision but the good news is that Comcast has the 30 day guarantee and I am still under it. I wonder if Directv would redo my installation without the long term contract?

New Visitor
linuxRules

Looks like X1 was designed and built by the same people the worked on the unaffordable health care act nightmare!!!!

Bronze Star Contributor
RobertCoplin

linuxRules wrote:

Looks like X1 was designed and built by the same people the worked on the unaffordable health care act nightmare!!!!

Did Comcast Cable spend over 600 million dollars on this debacle like the federal goverment spent already on the website that runs the unaffordable health care act?

New Visitor
linuxRules

X1 sucks because no one knows how to code any more.  resource and performance is not a prioriy. you need someone born before 1975 to actually build and design a solid product.  We every bit and byte of memory had to saved and reused.

New Visitor
B1Bomber

I was a triple play customer in Albuquerque, NM and just upgraded to X1 with ZERO problems this week!  The main DVR box in the Living Room had a tuner problem and the tech swapped it out for a new box today.  There is a shortage of DVR boxes, but the warehouse here just got 88 more this morning.  Every thing is working EXACTLY as advertised and my internet is still at 58Mbps ... I only pay $145 a month!  This was an excellent upgrade and I am extremely pleased!

New Visitor
skilmh

I am regretting switching from Uverse.  Actually the best DVR service we ever had is from TIVO Humax.  But Comcast messed that up about 10 years ago. It is reallllly sad that Comcast can't provide a better DVR after a decade of tech advances.

• My X1 freezes and sometimes resets to the beginning of the show while fastforwarding.  I had to watch the last 15 minutes of Black List in preview mode.
  • It can't be set to standard aspect ratio.
  • The menu system is sad.  Reealllly sad.  Who uses blue and dark blue on the progress bar.  Also grey text on black!  Are you kidding me.  ugggh :smileysad:

SOLUTION:  Comcast please just buy TIVO and use their boxes.  They respond 5x faster.  The layout is 10x better.  And you can read it from more the 5 feet away.

Recognized Contributor
DeltaOne

RE: SOLUTION:  Comcast please just buy TIVO and use their boxes.  They respond 5x faster.  The layout is 10x better.  And you can read it from more the 5 feet away.

About a month we returned all our Comcast boxes and switched to TiVo.  The experience has been wonderful!  Six tuners, 150 hours of capacity and a wonderful interface.  We put TiVo Mini's in the kitchen and bedroom -- we watch any channel or any recording in any room.  Highly recommended!

New Visitor
macpii66

its absolutely horrible!!!  I have a DVR and 4 companions (SLAVES) and they never worked   had all equipment removed aftrer 9 weeks!!!  STAY AWAY!!!

Contributor
jttinil

Me too! The service is worse than awful. Not only do I have to restart the boxes in my bedrooms, I have to do it at least weekly.

New Visitor
tech001

This is by far THE WORST electronic device that I've ever owned in my life!!!!!! FIOS I'm coming back!!!!
Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

[ Edited ]

Please chillax people. I just scanned this thread and EVERY COMPLAINT MENTIONED HERE IS FIXABLE. The X1 does not respond/react like a normal cable box. It is both a cable box and a high speed modem in one box. It has proven to be MUCH more sensitive to incoming and outgoing signal quality and signal strength.

Every complaint I just read here is the result of inferior signal. I know it can be tedious but I strongly recommend all of you call Comcast and set up a service call to have your signal levels tested. When you set up your service call make sure you request in-house techs so they don't send out a subcontractor.

Like all of you I wish X1 was was plug and play and it worked out of the box but it doesn't. However a process seems to be taking place. People are getting their problems solved as I did. I think you guys have bad cables, bad or incorrect splitters, bad connections or as was my case an incorrect RF amplifier.

X1/X2 works. Many people are happy with it. Sorry you are suffering early adopter pains.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Rick G. from MSP

New Visitor
dissatisfied06

Comcast couldn't make mine work, gave me a complete refund. 17 hours total to try to make it work and no success. Directv 40 minutes install and no issues since.

New Visitor
PhilsyR

Rick, if you read any of the above posts, you would see that many people have had many visits from multiple techs and still couldn't fix the problem. I personally have about five different techs with all sorts of electronic equipment trying to tweak my signal strength only to end up still not working. For about a month straight I tried calling them every few days trying to get this problem resolved, and it was just a complete nightmare. I was promised some sort of credits but received absolutely nothing, not even a follow up phone call. I ended up bringing back my X1 box to the service center and having a conversation with the three girls working behind the counter. They all said they returned their boxes as well. They also told me they've been instructed to issue X1 boxes from now on. How stupid is that!!!!!!!! Chill axing is no longer an option. I wish you the best of luck, you going to need it.
Recognized Contributor
DeltaOne

RE: Like all of you I wish X1 was was plug and play and it worked out of the box but it doesn't.

Many of us have moved on to TiVo equipment which provides as good as or better than X1 experiences and it was plug and play.  And it didn't require a visit by a Comcast technician!

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

[ Edited ]

First of all, in the case of X1/X2 I don't think I need any luck. It's working fairly well for me and seems to be getting better not worse.

I understand people have had techs out. I am curious who those techs were. In-house employees or subcontractors? When my X1 system was installed, the subcontractor that did my install proclaimed my signal levels OK but they were not. He also shared with me that only a handful of people from his company went to X1 training and they were expected to pass the training along to everyone else. This is unacceptable.

In my case replacing the RF amp that was installed by Comcast solved all of my problems. The amp they had installed was either defective of the wrong type. I replaced that amp with 0db return loss amp and that solved all of my problems. My biggest fear is that Comcast has been installing amplifiers that are not compatible with X1/X2 for a a long period of time and an awful lot of people have an incorrect amp. I think over the coming weeks and months we are going to start hearing much more about X1/X2 compatible RF amps. The bigger problem is most Comcast techs don't not what to look for, haven't been fully trained or they tend to over look problems with return signal. They are only concerned with incoming signal.

Another concern I have is there may be old or defective equipment out in the streets. If techs are not able to diagnose problems within our houses, I highly doubt they will find issues with equipment out in the streets.

I feel bad for people that are having issues with X1/X2 but I stand by what I said. I believe most issues mentioned here are fixable. Unfortunately in some areas it seems to take a perfect storm to get things fixed. That perfect storm being a fully trained employee with experience in troubleshooting X1/X2, the proper diagnostic tools, the parts to fix it and to have the problems actually occur while the tech is there.

I work in the audio/video industry and trust me...Comcast is not alone. We send out techs all the time to troubleshoot DirecTV issues. They aren't perfect either. I believe I read in this forum last week that TiVo has already done two major updates to Roamio which suggests they haven't been trouble free either.  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. PEACE!!!

Rick G. in MSP

PhilsyR wrote:
Rick, if you read any of the above posts, you would see that many people have had many visits from multiple techs and still couldn't fix the problem. I personally have about five different techs with all sorts of electronic equipment trying to tweak my signal strength only to end up still not working. For about a month straight I tried calling them every few days trying to get this problem resolved, and it was just a complete nightmare. I was promised some sort of credits but received absolutely nothing, not even a follow up phone call. I ended up bringing back my X1 box to the service center and having a conversation with the three girls working behind the counter. They all said they returned their boxes as well. They also told me they've been instructed to issue X1 boxes from now on. How stupid is that!!!!!!!! Chill axing is no longer an option. I wish you the best of luck, you going to need it.

Recognized Contributor
DeltaOne

RE:  I work in the audio/video industry and trust me...Comcast is not alone. We send out techs all the time to troubleshoot DirecTV issues. They aren't perfect either. I believe I read in this forum last week that TiVo has already done two major updates to Roamio which suggests they haven't been trouble free either.  

Of course they aren't trouble-free -- nothing that runs on a chip is.  Look at the updates Apple and Microsoft send out soon after releasing a new operating system.

There still seems to be something fundamentally wrong with X1 if it requires a highly skilled technician to make it work reliably.  My new TiVo equipment, set up and installed myself -- was working reliably in less than one hour from the unboxing.

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

I agree completely but that isn't the current X1/X2 reality. In time it might be. Maybe. Hopefully.

DeltaOne wrote:

RE:  I work in the audio/video industry and trust me...Comcast is not alone. We send out techs all the time to troubleshoot DirecTV issues. They aren't perfect either. I believe I read in this forum last week that TiVo has already done two major updates to Roamio which suggests they haven't been trouble free either.  

Of course they aren't trouble-free -- nothing that runs on a chip is.  Look at the updates Apple and Microsoft send out soon after releasing a new operating system.

There still seems to be something fundamentally wrong with X1 if it requires a highly skilled technician to make it work reliably.  My new TiVo equipment, set up and installed myself -- was working reliably in less than one hour from the unboxing.

Contributor
Jaraxal

What are the recommended signal levels?  From what I've read, I'm well within spec (please correct me if I'm wrong) and yet I've had nothing but problems in the 2 weeks since a new install.

Modem Info 1

Modem Info 2

Contributor
BoomersRock

[ Edited ]
Interesting. I have been having the same issues. Not recording multiple shows, not recording series. Deleting older programs when it feels like it. Can I go on? When the tech installed, he suggested we had signal problems and suggested we rewire the house with CAT 6! And he was serious. I am about ready do go elsewhere.
Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

What does CAT6 have to do with X1/X2? It does not use any ethernet connections???

BoomersRock wrote:
Interesting. I have been having the same issues. Not recording multiple shows, not recording series. Deleting older programs when it feels like it. Can I go on? When the tech installed, he suggested we had signal problems and suggested we rewire the house with CAT 6! And he was serious. I am about ready do go elsewhere.

Contributor
BoomersRock

Coax upstairs, Ethernet downstairs. Would it be better to move master box downstairs?
New Visitor
tech001

[ Edited ]
In my opinion, a class action lawsuit will be coming soon.
Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

I think he said RG-6 not CAT6. Neither the X1/X2 DVR or Companion boxes use ethernet connections.

BoomersRock wrote:
Coax upstairs, Ethernet downstairs. Would it be better to move master box downstairs?

Contributor
Jaraxal

The tech came out to day as scheduled.  First he changed the AnyRoom DVR filter on my line and also replaced the splitter.  That didn't resolve the issue.

He called the central office to confirm the codes.  Even though I spent an hour on the phone with tech support and sales/billing a week ago to make sure the codes were correct, when he called the central office they said the codes weren't correct.  He had them repush the codes (which was also attempted twice a week ago).  It took probably 15-20 minutes for the boxes to report that an update was needed.  After seeing this message on all of the boxes and rebooting them, the AnyRoom DVR functionality appears to be working again.

The tech was personable and patient.  I can't blame him for the hassle.  However, clearly Comcast needs to get their act together at the central office where they push codes, etc.

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

[ Edited ]

Overall this is good news... I am glad it got fixed. Reminds me of the debacle that I went through when Comcast first introduced CableCards...

Jaraxal wrote:

The tech came out to day as scheduled.  First he changed the AnyRoom DVR filter on my line and also replaced the splitter.  That didn't resolve the issue.

He called the central office to confirm the codes.  Even though I spent an hour on the phone with tech support and sales/billing a week ago to make sure the codes were correct, when he called the central office they said the codes weren't correct.  He had them repush the codes (which was also attempted twice a week ago).  It took probably 15-20 minutes for the boxes to report that an update was needed.  After seeing this message on all of the boxes and rebooting them, the AnyRoom DVR functionality appears to be working again.

The tech was personable and patient.  I can't blame him for the hassle.  However, clearly Comcast needs to get their act together at the central office where they push codes, etc.

New Visitor
PhilsyR

Just an update.  It is now towards they end of January and I am still have problems with my service.  I have spoken to dozens of csr's and a dozen technicians and still can resolve the issue.  Comcast must have the absolute worse customer service that any company on the planet.  When I try and cancel the service, they assure me they will fix the issue.  I have spoken with Alexis @ 978-848-5226, who is useless.  She made many promises and never followed through, and now doesn't return any phone calls .  Then I got in touch with Alezia @860-253-7698, she also started out helpful, but that didn't last long.  She disconnected me several times trying to transfer the call, now she doesn't return messages as well.  SO BOTTOM LINE: ...... DO NOT USE COMCAST IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.  YOU WILL REGRET IT.  I WOULD HAVE SWITCHED TO FIOS YEARS AGO, BUT UNFORTUNATELY THEY AREN'T AVAILABLE IN MY AREA.