Contributor
joderme

X1 boxes backordered

So I finally got a number to reps who knew about the x1 availability for double play and it appears that the boxes are now backordered with no ETA on when they will be getting more.

Not sure if anyone else has gotten this response today?

Official Employee

Re: X1 boxes backordered

Where do you live?
Contributor

I tried to get the X1 in my area (vero beach, Florida) and I could get it with the digital perferred package, but they said that there are shortages on the boxes and can not give an ETA on this.  Kind of frustrated as Comcast should have predicted the popularity of the X1 platform and produced enough boxes for the rollout. 

Contributor
joderme

I'm in Houston, TX

I was told today that Houston Double Play customers won't be able to get the box until at least 1st quarter 2014 due to the demand and the short supply of boxes.

Regular Contributor
joejoejoejoe

i chatted with comcast and they told me and i quote
"We provide X1 equipment to the customer who have Triple play or double play at this time. As we do not have enough stock at this time we need to take a new step for single play customer."

Regular Contributor

They told me the same thing today 10-10-13

Funny because my father in law just had one installed Tuesday. I'm sure they have them for new customers

Contributor
jmac6725

Be happy they don't have any of those X1 boxes - they are TERRIBLE and they are way more trouble than they're worth. If you actually want to hear what you're watching, you're better off keeping the old box.

Contributor
Jxtom

I agree with jmac.  Some people are getting lucky, but many are not.  Too many bugs as you can see by just reading some of the posts on this forum.

I just upgraded to triple play (CT) and was offered the x1, but declined due to what I have read on the Comcast forum over at dslreports.

Eventually the x1 boxes will be given to everybody, but I will hold out as long as I can.

New Visitor
jharper1311

Well  I'm a brand new customer and was talked into the x1 box when I went to pick up my equipment but I called to make sure they were coming out on the 15th because I"ve been having trouble with them even showing for appointments.. they told me it was canceled and they did not have anymore boxes so there it goes no new boxes for New triple play customers in case you think you've been slighted.. I feel really ticked off and and not happy at all they told me two days ago a supervisor would call me I Have not recieved the call as yet .. I'm not sure they know what they are doing down there I had them on the phone when we were doing the self install and the man told me there was a signal going to my modem.. well thats funny it was not even connected.. and I yelled at him and asked me if he knew what he was doing.. insulted my intellegence.. I'm so upset at this point I"m ready to go back to Dish I Had for nine years without insident .. but my son talked me into going back to cable.. but my husband said he's not paying until this mess is cleared up.. so much for New Customers getting x1 boxes maybe I can get one of those returned from customers that are not happy with the x1.. I"ll gladly take it .. most of the time it's user ignorance..

Contributor
jmac6725

I had a tech come out to my house for the second time last Saturday. He switched out the main X1 box (although he said they frown upon that).  He then said he checked to make sure the boxes were recording. He did something to my DVR so that now it differentiates between the living room and bedroom.  Problem is - neither DVR is working.  We set it to record and even though the red light comes on, nothing is recording. Not only that, but we can't watch any of the shows that were aready recorded.  Solution?  Scheduled another technician visit to check the boxes again.  I've only had these boxes since early September and in mid-October, I'm having a third visit to "resolve" this problem.  I'm totally fed up with Comcast and their shoddy equipment.

New Visitor
DougK76

I signed up for Triple Play last month and just realized I did not get the promised X1 DVR. Customer Support referred me to Sales, and Sales tried to refer me to Customer Support, and both made excuses without suggesting a way to complete the promised sale, other than signing up for the wait list for an unspecified time. (The DVR I did get is a serious step down from the one from a competing service that it replaced.)

I'll wait 19 days, until the 30-day deadline for cancelling without penalty.

New Visitor

My husband this week went to the Vero Beach FL store as we have a new house in Ft Pierce which is served by this area. The rep started throwing pieces into a big red bag and ushered him out the door. He didn't get a box with instructions and when he got home, pieces of the setup were missing not to mention the instructions. He went back today and gave it all back and the rep just didn't care. I told him to file an FCC complaint and a state regulatory complaint. These complaints they do not like. We finally decided to canceled the triple play and call back later to have a tech install the new service to see if that makes a difference. After working for phone companies and wireless providers for almost 50 years, we know that you don't have to stand for shoddy service. Complain and complain loud.

New Visitor
JaseK

Essentially, this is just another example of Comcast luring new customers and forgetting about their existing loyal customers who have to put up with old, tiring and technoligically challenged equipment whilst new Customers can sign-up for the service and somehow manage to get luck with the fact that they have managed to place there hands on some X1 Equipment which was unavailable minutes ago to an existing customer! Surprise, Surprise!

New Visitor
rcseripko

I was wondering if any of you who placed your name on the waitlist recieved the x1?  If so how long did it take?  The x1 has just become available in my area and I signed up for the waitlist.  I was just curious how long it might take.  Thank you!