Posted by
Contributor

X1 unavailable because of a shortage of boxes?

[ Edited ]

I just got off the phone with a sales rep to try to score the X1 on the digital perferred package.  The sales rep told me that there is a shortage on the X1 platform boxes and have no ETA when it will be available again.  I was disappointed that I can not get the package but why would comcast rollout this when there would be a shortage.  Hope anyone can help find any other details on this?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Re: X1 unavailable because of a shortage of boxes?

They told me the same thing today

Posted by
Contributor

You're lucky -- You do NOT wnat this servcie rught now, as it's iuncredibly buggy.  Stick with your current box & DVR, you'll be glad you did.

Posted by
Contributor

I received mine in Metro Detroit with no problem back in mid September.

It has some nice features that I like a lot.  But it also is very quirky and buggy.  Currently I have not had a TV program record in the past two days.  It seems there is at least 2 or 3 issues (small to major fail) a week.

drew

Posted by
Recognized Contributor

To say they have no boxes may be a great public relations way to delay further expansion of X1 until some of these regional bugs are taken care of.  Of course, all conjecture on my part.  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

check out direct tv genie, Great dvr and anyroom. Prices are a lot cheeper than Comcast

Posted by
Visitor

True dat!

Posted by
Recognized Contributor

One thing I have learned in my almost 65 years is there is NO promised land.  Everything has it's good points and bad.  I have no desire up here in Vermont to crawl up and clear snow off a dish every other day during the winter. Not to mention all the fades due to heavy snow.  BTW, winter up here is 9 months long with 3 months of lousy skiing.  :smileylaugh:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments