Contributor
fndudek

error RDK-03003

What is RDK-03003 and how can I fix it?  Already went through x1 phone support with no resolution and ticket was "elevated". UGGHHH

Official Employee

Re: error RDK-03003

[ Edited ]
Does it get past the first couple of dots?
Contributor
fndudek

No

It never got past any dots

Official Employee

I believe that error code is a signal issue
Contributor
fndudek

After sitting overnight the cable box now displays the time a and I can get channels 605-615, no On Demand. No other channels. Any attempts for other channels or on demand I get "Issue detected. Please call Comcast customer care....Diagnosis Code #18". This is how this entire problem started. When I reboot I end up with a Xfinity logo and dots that never load. After 30-45 minutes I am back to where I am now with the Diagnosis code #18. Any suggestions?

Contributor
fndudek

So after waiting 2days a tech was sent to replace the box because it was determined to be a "hardware issue". He replaced the box and worked for over 2 hours trying to get it to work with no luck. It was another defective box. He then installed box number three and that finally worked. I have been up and running for 3 days with all functions working so far. 

Visitor
blacksunrecords

We just had the same issue.  RDK 03003  .  1 main big box  in living room - Ok,   2 bedroom boxes - both have errors along with no ph or i'net either.  Left 1 bedroom box unplugged all night. Next morning disconnected other bedroom box, bada bing! Works again.  This seems to be a constant issue with this service.  Becoming more than aggravating for a service you pay for + insurance for repairs, then they try to charge you for coming out to repair.   Enjoy the services rendered, but personally it's not worth the cost or aggravation. Get with it Xfinity !!

New Visitor
jimmychicago

Comcast charged me $69.95 to come out Friday and updated my old cable service to X1.  Loved my new service and was like WOW; how did I not switch to a modern cable service provider earlier and then last night right after I told my wife how great X1 was we lost cable services and RDK-03003 popped up!  Comcast support did the usual unplug/plug back in, we are going to send a refresh signal, etc with no luck.  So now I must wait 2 full business days to get a tech to come out to the house to fix my service.  I asked comcast to refund/credit my $69.95 installation fee as part of the Comcast Customer Guarantee but they will not as they claim it is not a service offering and that only applys to services.  You wonder why Comcast is rated last in customer service amongst all major carriers.  Anyway X1 when working is very nice and it has shown me that I want a modern technology provider but one that actually cares about its customers and can provide service.  I think I may need to educate myself on what my options are for cable services and switch to a provider that actually cares about its customer relationonships especially since I pay them a large monthly sum for their services. 

New Visitor
weatherdog

Same thing is happening to me now. I've been down without any cable on any tv and no internet for 4 days now. Earliest appointment they said they could get me was today, Sunday the 12th between 10 am and noon. Very frustrating considering I had to cancel all of my plans for this weekend, including an nfl playoff party. Actually had to go spend the night last night at buffalo wild wings just to watch the games. In the meantime, Comcast called me not once, not twice, but 4 times to confirm my appointment for this morning. I confirmed everytime. I was ready to get my service back. Their last call was at 930 am this morning to again confirm an appointment between 10 am and noon. Well i waited and waited, after rearranging my plans for the whole day, and then noon came around and still NO COMCAST tech had shown up! I called comcast to inquire and they said my appointment had been rescheduled for 5 pm to 7pm!!!! Are you kidding me! The service rep on the phone didn't seem to care nor could he give me a reason why it was changed. He also didn't seem to think it was a big deal that I was not contacted about the change!! The service rep said he could get someone out between 1 and 3 pm. SO here I am waiting again. It's almost 2 and still no signs of anyone. I have my doubts that they will show up and I'm really on my last nerve now because I'm a huge Panthers fan and I have no way to watch the game! and I'm stuck here until at least 3 hoping this tech shows up. Has anyone else experienced service like this with Comcast? I mean give me a break, there's bad and then there's just plain unacceptable. 

New Visitor
Purcius

Same problem here.  This gets into "class action" territory when a pre-existing condition is known to Xfinity with their hardware or software and they continue to charge people for fixing it.  You cannot sell a service or product knowing it has issues to purposefully charge any type of fee to fix it. 

New Visitor
Tonybari

Same issue day after day. Screen freezes, no functionality at all, requiring a re-boot, only to wait for RDK-03003 to appear. Calls to Comcast have gone from weekly to daily, only to now become hourly, just to register another complaint. Tech was out and confirmed it an internal server bandwidth issue, resulting from over-subscribing their service before having ample capacity. He calls it a "clog" in the pipes that keeps occurring and we must just wait for it to unclog. Absolutely ridiculous and shameful that when I call, they never acknowledge this code and act like it is just my house; however, after searching Google, this code is rampant and even viral. They keep taking our money and aren't fixing the problem. Super Bowl party? Moved to a bar a halftime. Winter Olympic opening ceremonies? Lost the ability to watch or record. Tonight's Oscar party? Moved 30 minutes into the programming to a neighbors house. Now, Oscars are over and many reboots have occurred, but still the dreaded RDK message. Now, we await what is becoming the weekly tech service call, only to hear the same B.S. again. Why isn't some action being taken by consumer groups or class action lawyers? These blog entries go back to 2012 with this issue!
Contributor
ov10mech

[ Edited ]

Had X1 for a few weeks now.  Came back from a business trip to find all three boxes not working, two with this RDk-03003 error aftr first red dot loading.  DVR just says error.   After two chat sessions and a phone call I am still  not up.  Waiting 24-48 hours for level 2 to call me back.  It is obvious front line support does not know how to troubleshoot these new boxes.  All they can tell you is to uplug them or "I am sending a signal" which does nothing.  I am sorry I stuck with Comcast/Xfinity . This X1 gear is buggy to say the least.  I am going to give UVerse a try.  

New Visitor
lemonlemon

This message just came up today. All three TV's hooked to the box have this same error code.  I have never been happy with comcast.  There customer service and service people are not well trained to give support.  When we moved in the xfinity tech said he could not hook our wifi or cable up and I would need to rewire my home!!  Wasted a day, called Comcast they sent another tech the next day and he hooked it up in 30 minutes.  Seriously, I am not sure why we have not swithced to ATT Uverse. Several of our friends have and love it.  I just keep hoping Comcast will get better, but after this I think I am done and ready to switch.  Always a fun time with Comcast.....

fndudek wrote:

What is RDK-03003 and how can I fix it?  Already went through x1 phone support with no resolution and ticket was "elevated". UGGHHH

New Visitor
jusnice15

This has happened to me twice. I have never called cause all they would tell me is 2 power cycle and they would send a refresh signal. All I do is unplug the xfinity box and main x1 box for about 10 minutes and it comes back on.
New Visitor
nameistaken2

Same story.  Called in, and level 1 support could do nothing. Problem unresponsive to power down, unresponsive to test signal, both of my boxes "died" at the same time, one of them while I was actively watching (channel signal continued, I just suddenly couldn't change channels). Escalated to level 2 support, 48-72 hours before anyone will get back to me. Do they rebate for extended downtimes like this?

Paradoxically, my internet still functions, which implies the problem is not a simple cable cut/etc.

Combine this with all the deep and abiding weirdness I have experienced with XFinity's DVR functionality (stuff refusing to delete, stuff disappearing for no reason, and in a few cases re-appearing sometimes months later, search function simply not working, incredibly slow, massive typeahead delay, etc)... I am beginning to wonder if I should not give another provider (Century Link, etc) a try.

Bronze Problem Solver
gotpizza

yes they will give you a credit for the service loss every time . you must call billing and you will need to give them the days and services you were missing. make sure that every time it not working you call so they can note it.

New Visitor
Klein-justin

I just had the err RDK3003 I used a xfinity my acct app and was able to send a refresh signal from the app and reset box cable. Took me about 15 min to get the box reset and it back working. Didn't have call or anything
New Visitor
charlesinatl

So we have been getting this error RDK-03003 about every other day for the past week.  We end up unplugging the box and letting it restart.  This is the worst.  And I am sure that I will be told that it is my fault that there is nothing wrong with their signal or their box.

Official Employee

So we have been getting this error RDK-03003 about every other day for the past week. We end up unplugging the box and letting it restart. This is the worst. And I am sure that I will be told that it is my fault that there is nothing wrong with their signal or their box.

Charles, it's not your fault, the upstream on all your equipment ( modem included) is way out of spec. If you can, remove any unnecessary splitters, but you will probably have to get a tech out. My bet is an outside issue either too hot at the tap or damaged drop.
New Visitor
Jwaj84

I've had this code for 2 hours now!! I'm not going to call because I know they are just going to say they are working on the problem like every other one I've had. This is about the 5th major issue I've had with my box; from stuff coming in Spanish, to the audio skipping in and out, recording segmented, etc. Ive even already had a technician come out and they couldn't find anything wrong. this is ridiculous.if these problems continue I'll be forced to switch to direct tv as much as I dislike satellite at least they used to credit me if I had problems with their equipment. I hope this problems is resolved my morning as I have already reset the box twice, I won't hold my breath.
Bronze Problem Solver
gotpizza

[ Edited ]

Jwaj84 wrote:
I've had this code for 2 hours now!! I'm not going to call because I know they are just going to say they are working on the problem like every other one I've had. This is about the5th major issue I've had with my box; from stuff coming in Spanish, to the audio skipping in and out, recording segmented, etc. Ive even already had a technician come out and they couldn't find anything wrong. this is ridiculous.if these problems continue I'll be forced to switch to directtv as much as I dislike satellite at least they used to credit me if I had problems with their equipment. I hope this problems is resolved my morning as I have already reset the box twice, I won't hold my breath.

I see that you are posting at 3am . Are you in eastern time? I say that because if it's going out at that time the plant could be doing some upgrades/maintenance

Did you figure out the Spanish issue or do you need to know how to fix that?

Official Employee
ComcastBrandon

Please feel free to start your own thread when beginning a new topic

New Visitor
shaunw

Its been over 24 hours of this rdk-03003 error message and all i get is the run around from comcast they even said they wont credit me for not being able to watch tv guess i really need to check into dish or direct tv. I am over the x1 platform