Reply
Regular Contributor
joejoejoejoe
Posts: 53
Registered: ‎03-18-2013

how do i get x1 dvr

[ Edited ]

How do I get x1 dvr. I have a residential account that is linked to a bulk account. Comcast keeps telling me that I need to talk to my apartment complex manager. I have and they told me that they don't deal with the equipment that I need to contact Comcast my self to get it. so how do I get x1 dvr?

New Visitor
njboxers
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎09-13-2013

Re: how do i get x1 dvr

I would imagine whoever pays the Comcast bill is the one you need to contact!  If you pay a month bill directly to Comcast, then Comcast is giving you the runaround cause YOU are their customer!

Official Employee
Posts: 3,763
Registered: ‎10-04-2008

Re: how do i get x1 dvr

Usually for bulk accounts, the residence covers a base coverage/service anything above and beyond that is in your name. Each market may be different. Your management should have a contact person that takes care of their account and should be able to help you
Visitor
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎10-26-2008

Re: how do i get x1 dvr

I would like to upgrade my current HD DVR to the X1 but I have internet and cable...not a bundle...if I'm reading the Comcast sight correctly, you can get it but only if you bundle?  I just want to upgarde one DVR.  Is that possible?

Thanks!!

Regular Contributor
joejoejoejoe
Posts: 53
Registered: ‎03-18-2013

Re: how do i get x1 dvr

[ Edited ]

they told me they dont deal with equipment and such other than 1 dta which is payed for by the appartment complex so how do i get intouch with somebody to help me. it would be good if i could get intouch with somebody who deals with bulk accounts and not just a residential account person thanks

New Visitor
ShianneEQ2
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎06-28-2010

Re: how do i get x1 dvr

I am a manager of a 336 apt complex. I live on site and receive my cable tv as part of the association bulk account. I currently pay extra directly to comcast for a higher end tv package, 2 DVRs, and internet. I have been trying for 2+ months to change to a triple play X1 bundle. I keep getting told that because our bulk account includes HD service that the system is not allowing them to add the package and discount the rate for the bulk account. To me, this is utterly ridiculous in a south florida market where 50% or more of residences are condos and HOAs that have bulk accounts. Where the heck are your programmers for your software and why isn't there a simple box to click that indicates "bulk acvount, apply service discount of" and a drop down menu to select the discount amt or a blank box to enter the amt. Comcast is already behind the times with their DVR services, the Hopper was out for 2 or more years before X1. It is stupid that in over a year this problem has not been corrected so bulk account customers can take advantage of the services. Comcast is losing revenue and could lose bulk accounts from frustrating the heck out of managers of condos and apt complexes. Get your collective heads out of your corporate behind and service your customers.
Recognized Contributor
geek46
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎08-02-2013

Re: how do i get x1 dvr


dodgeram02 wrote:

I would like to upgrade my current HD DVR to the X1 but I have internet and cable...not a bundle...if I'm reading the Comcast sight correctly, you can get it but only if you bundle?  I just want to upgarde one DVR.  Is that possible?

Thanks!!


Best thing to do is call your local Comcast Franchise Center....   thee have been may reports of some markets allowing double-play and some markets requiring triple play for this service.  Also, unfortunately X1 has not been deployed throughout the USA...  it is regionally deplayed after Legacy Equipment has been upgraded to support the system.

 

Best to make the call....

 

Good luck! 

Recognized Contributor
geek46
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎08-02-2013

Re: how do i get x1 dvr


ShianneEQ2 wrote:
I am a manager of a 336 apt complex. I live on site and receive my cable tv as part of the association bulk account. I currently pay extra directly to comcast for a higher end tv package, 2 DVRs, and internet. I have been trying for 2+ months to change to a triple play X1 bundle. I keep getting told that because our bulk account includes HD service that the system is not allowing them to add the package and discount the rate for the bulk account. To me, this is utterly ridiculous in a south florida market where 50% or more of residences are condos and HOAs that have bulk accounts. Where the heck are your programmers for your software and why isn't there a simple box to click that indicates "bulk acvount, apply service discount of" and a drop down menu to select the discount amt or a blank box to enter the amt. Comcast is already behind the times with their DVR services, the Hopper was out for 2 or more years before X1. It is stupid that in over a year this problem has not been corrected so bulk account customers can take advantage of the services. Comcast is losing revenue and could lose bulk accounts from frustrating the heck out of managers of condos and apt complexes. Get your collective heads out of your corporate behind and service your customers.

I hear your frustration.... a very close firend of mine lives in a gated community that has the exact situation you are describing and he has also been told the EXACT same words you have been told./.... maybe you're neighbors!!!!

Good luck in trying to talk sense to the corporate structure!!!!

New Visitor
ShianneEQ2
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎06-28-2010

Re: how do i get x1 dvr

Well thus far in my quest to get the X1 platform installed I have been promised call backs by 3 different CSRs and 1 Supervisor. I have not gotten a call back from any of them. I have an open Case Number, but apparently since they have no resolution, they can't be bothered to at least call me and say that while they are unable to solve the issue, they have forwarded it to their higher ups or the appropriate department that should be working to correct what simply boils down to a programming problem with their rate code system.  If their software programmers were worth a toot, this should have been easily corrected in the year since the first posting I read here regarding this very same issue.

 

I feel badly that I pushed the Board here to re-sign with Comcast for 8 years vs their desire to go to AT&T UVerse.  Sadly, the Comcast PRODUCT is good, when it is functional, but their customer service (Outside of the Florida Bulk Account Center... those 5 employees are worth their weight in gold) SUCKS.

 

During our conversion from Standard Def to High Def boxes with the new bulk account, MANY of my residents suffered erroneous billing, many are being given the X1 boxes and then getting billed for Anyroom DVR service they don't even know what it is, many try and have additional or upgraded services and get told they can't due to the bulk account, many new resident, upon going to pick up their equipment, get told that our account doesn't include HD service and they have to pay for it... the list goes on.

 

It seems every CSR I talk to has different info for the same questions, different pricing for the same services, different answers regarding service failures, no concept of how to navigate the comcast propriatary billing and rate code system, has little to know training and can't follow through on a simple return call with updated information on an open case.

 

 

Recognized Contributor
geek46
Posts: 447
Registered: ‎08-02-2013

Re: how do i get x1 dvr


ShianneEQ2 wrote:

Well thus far in my quest to get the X1 platform installed I have been promised call backs by 3 different CSRs and 1 Supervisor. I have not gotten a call back from any of them. I have an open Case Number, but apparently since they have no resolution, they can't be bothered to at least call me and say that while they are unable to solve the issue, they have forwarded it to their higher ups or the appropriate department that should be working to correct what simply boils down to a programming problem with their rate code system.  If their software programmers were worth a toot, this should have been easily corrected in the year since the first posting I read here regarding this very same issue.

 

I feel badly that I pushed the Board here to re-sign with Comcast for 8 years vs their desire to go to AT&T UVerse.  Sadly, the Comcast PRODUCT is good, when it is functional, but their customer service (Outside of the Florida Bulk Account Center... those 5 employees are worth their weight in gold) SUCKS.

 

During our conversion from Standard Def to High Def boxes with the new bulk account, MANY of my residents suffered erroneous billing, many are being given the X1 boxes and then getting billed for Anyroom DVR service they don't even know what it is, many try and have additional or upgraded services and get told they can't due to the bulk account, many new resident, upon going to pick up their equipment, get told that our account doesn't include HD service and they have to pay for it... the list goes on.

 

It seems every CSR I talk to has different info for the same questions, different pricing for the same services, different answers regarding service failures, no concept of how to navigate the comcast propriatary billing and rate code system, has little to know training and can't follow through on a simple return call with updated information on an open case.

 

 


Just showed your post to my "friend" havnig the same problems....   he thinks you live in his gated community !!!!!

Same exact issues he has been through and he had no luck either....

 

SO sorry you are having this misfortune....    IS therer a way for your HOA to back out of the agreement?  FIne language somewhere on service maybe?

 

Good luck!!!!

New Visitor
fjp_palmbeach
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-06-2014

Re: how do i get x1 dvr

I live in Pam Beach County, and have Basic & HBO paid by HOA with a free box and updated to X1 with DVR and only pay for extra Boxes. Problem I have is, free box is not compatable with X1 and have to pay for extra RNG150N box. Comcast says that I cannot downgrade to non X1 platform once you upgrade, so beware.

 


ShianneEQ2 wrote:

Well thus far in my quest to get the X1 platform installed I have been promised call backs by 3 different CSRs and 1 Supervisor. I have not gotten a call back from any of them. I have an open Case Number, but apparently since they have no resolution, they can't be bothered to at least call me and say that while they are unable to solve the issue, they have forwarded it to their higher ups or the appropriate department that should be working to correct what simply boils down to a programming problem with their rate code system.  If their software programmers were worth a toot, this should have been easily corrected in the year since the first posting I read here regarding this very same issue.

 

I feel badly that I pushed the Board here to re-sign with Comcast for 8 years vs their desire to go to AT&T UVerse.  Sadly, the Comcast PRODUCT is good, when it is functional, but their customer service (Outside of the Florida Bulk Account Center... those 5 employees are worth their weight in gold) SUCKS.

 

During our conversion from Standard Def to High Def boxes with the new bulk account, MANY of my residents suffered erroneous billing, many are being given the X1 boxes and then getting billed for Anyroom DVR service they don't even know what it is, many try and have additional or upgraded services and get told they can't due to the bulk account, many new resident, upon going to pick up their equipment, get told that our account doesn't include HD service and they have to pay for it... the list goes on.

 

It seems every CSR I talk to has different info for the same questions, different pricing for the same services, different answers regarding service failures, no concept of how to navigate the comcast propriatary billing and rate code system, has little to know training and can't follow through on a simple return call with updated information on an open case.