New Visitor
Jvcornejo
Accepted Solution

x1 installed but second box does not pause

I just had X1 installed at home the primary box worked well after one day of suffering, it seems like someone finally figured out what to do. Now I have problems with my second TV at home I can't pause or fast forward or rewind
According to Customer Service that is the way it is. I am putty sure that Comcast didn't just deploy a system where you can only get those features in one TV
My second set-top box is a n RNG150N

By the way if anyone is considering this MOVe do NOT do it. I think COMCAST is over their head here, their customer service support do not have a clue on what to do with X1 and because they are clueless they make up excuses

I will probably end up canceling the whole thing because I am frustrated
Bronze Problem Solver
C_DM

Re: x1 installed but second box does not pause

That is how Comcast's AnyRoom DVR system works--you have a main DVR that can do everything, since it's a DVR, and then you have separate regular (non-DVR) boxes that can connect to that main DVR to record and watch recorded programs.  Since those boxes are non-DVR they can't do anything related to pausing or rewiding/fast forwarding for live TV.  You can start recording something and be able to do it that way, essentially through the use of the main DVR to which the boxes are connected to (and then delete it when you are done), but that's about it.

That's pretty much how AnyRoom DVR service has worked from Comcast before as well, so nothing really different about it now as far as that aspect of it is concerend: http://www.comcast.com/anyroomdvr/

New Visitor
Sal33n

In order to pause, rewind, FF you would need a cable box with a hard drive (Also known as a DVR).  The hard drive is what stores the content when you want to do those features.  Comcast only provides you with the main DVR unit and three HD boxes with no DVR feature, however since they can play recorded content from the main DVR then those funtions would work because the content is stored on the DVR's hard drive already and you are just streaming it.

If you want to pause, rewind and FF live content in multiple rooms then you would have to upgrade those other non-DVR boxes which would cost you more money per month.

Visitor
SEAKevin

Actually with X1 it's not possible to have multiple DVR's.. only the main X1 DVR server.  Additional TV's can just have regular receivers.  The work around for being able to control live TV from one of the additional TV's is as soon as you start watching something go to the guide and start recording it. Then you can go into the DVR list and play it..and be able to control it while it's recording. 

I agree that it's a lousy design... at minimum you should be able to have multiple DVR's, but the technology also exists to have units on the additional TV's that use the tuners from the main X1 server  rather than separate tuners..then live TV control would be available at all TV's.

Bronze Problem Solver
C_DM

SEAKevin wrote:

Actually with X1 it's not possible to have multiple DVR's.. only the main X1 DVR server.  Additional TV's can just have regular receivers.  The work around for being able to control live TV from one of the additional TV's is as soon as you start watching something go to the guide and start recording it. Then you can go into the DVR list and play it..and be able to control it while it's recording. 

I agree that it's a lousy design... at minimum you should be able to have multiple DVR's, but the technology also exists to have units on the additional TV's that use the tuners from the main X1 server  rather than separate tuners..then live TV control would be available at all TV's.

It's possible, it's just different markets/regions are rolling out the X1 service in different ways (some allow certain things and some don't).  The various requirements/configurations/options might change in the future as X1 becomes more widespread.

New Visitor
blillari

So do we have an answer from anybody at Comcast/Xfinity X1 on the?  Should I expect to be able to pause using the PR150BN remote "DVR controller box"?  I have used this method of starting a recording and then I can pause - but lately I can't even start recordings - or rather - I start them but the PR150BN does not show that it is recording.  I only discovered this when I went back to the PX001ANM and noticed my attempts actually had been successful.  Is there a firmware fix for any of this coming out? What is the latest firmware?

Official Employee
ComcastThomas

blillari wrote:

So do we have an answer from anybody at Comcast/Xfinity X1 on the?  Should I expect to be able to pause using the PR150BN remote "DVR controller box"?  I have used this method of starting a recording and then I can pause - but lately I can't even start recordings - or rather - I start them but the PR150BN does not show that it is recording.  I only discovered this when I went back to the PX001ANM and noticed my attempts actually had been successful.  Is there a firmware fix for any of this coming out? What is the latest firmware?

Posters on this thread are correct.  You cannot pause live TV on the PR150BN box.  The functionality is only available on the main DVR box.

ComcastThomas

New Visitor
_Jon

[ Edited ]

I don't understand why this functionality was possible with U-verse but not Xfinity. U-Verse has one unit with a Hard Drive, but you can pause and rewind live T.V. with their wireless receivers that do not have a hard drive. It seems that Xfinity could provide a similar option. Perhaps have the main DVR unit can store a certain amount of live T.V. without recording it (like it does on the main unit) on more than one tuner as long as too many other shows are not being recorded. 

New Visitor
CraigPGH

So typical of comcast.... after years of banishing them, we came back now that they have technology that is actually current and this....   There is not reason a software update couldn't make this work.

We just had the Dish, and I didn't even have a second box on the second tv and could do all of this.

That was their 4 year old whole house technology, not even the new Hopper!!!!   

I hope Comcast remedies this.    Considering 100% of their customers with more than one tv will want this and be furious.

Bronze Problem Solver
BellevueBob

CraigPGH wrote:

So typical of comcast.... after years of banishing them, we came back now that they have technology that is actually current and this....   There is not reason a software update couldn't make this work.

We just had the Dish, and I didn't even have a second box on the second tv and could do all of this.

I hope Comcast remedies this.    Considering 100% of their customers with more than one tv will want this and be furious.

You are responding to a rather old message.  The cable box coming with the new "X2" platform is supposed to address this issue.  When it comes out, you'll just need to swap out your satellite box for the new one, which communicates back to the main DVR box or uses the cloud.  Final details haven't been announced yet, but it should be coming in the next few weeks.  

New Visitor
pegunhappy

I have had the same question, switched back to Comcast from UVerse and I am shocked to find I cannot have the same function in three rooms, dvr, ondemand and pause live tv. so far nobody at comcast has been very helpful. it seems i have to give up the advanced screens from my cisco rng150n to go back to the old screens of the Motorola dcx in order to pause live tv. so far comcast has sent me at least 6 additional boxes, suppose to fill my request, and they are all the same motorola boxes. i know confusing comment, but i am confused. is this asking too much from comcast when Uverse had it?

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

[ Edited ]

You do not need a hard drive to pause live TV. DirecTV Genie Mini Clients can do it and they do not have hard drives inside. The problem is Comcast's implementation.

New Visitor
ghostd00d

I just recieved the new X2 box and I can not pause TV in any room except the main TV.  I had Dish for 8 years and even their 8 year old technology allowed me to pause live TV on the other televisions.

'

Beginning to wonder if I made a mistake moving from Dish.  The only time these companies give a hoot about you is the day you sign their contract and the day you leave for greener pastures.  Boy....then that 169.00 a month bill can be just 49.99 for the next 12 month

BellevueBob wrote:

CraigPGH wrote:

You are responding to a rather old message.  The cable box coming with the new "X2" platform is supposed to address this issue.  When it comes out, you'll just need to swap out your satellite box for the new one, which communicates back to the main DVR box or uses the cloud.  Final details haven't been announced yet, but it should be coming in the next few weeks.  

s.

Regular Problem Solver

[ Edited ]

I find it ironic that you can pause/play live TV with devices connected to your X1 DVR with CLOUD technology via your home network, but not via satellite boxes connected to your X1 DVR via MoCA technology through your cable connections.

New Visitor
trimguy1

I just came back to Comcast last weekend after 3 yrs of being with WOW. I'm about ready to go back to WOW. Comcast has not changed from what I remember 3 Years ago. BACK ON TOPIC, sorry. My second box, PR150BNM, without DVR, was pausing and going back on regular TV stations but as of yesterday it stopped doing it.??? This X! system has many bugs and I have contacted Comcast everyday since installation. Just to be clear, the second box, without DVR, does pause and replay live TV when it wants to. I'm now trying to find out how to get this feature back. BTW, while playing a recorded DVR program the pause, reverse and forward buttons work as they should. HELP

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

The Pace RNG150N otherwise known as the X1 Companion box has NEVER paused live TV. Not sure where and how you thought it did. As you noticed it DOES work when playing recordings.

trimguy1 wrote:

I just came back to Comcast last weekend after 3 yrs of being with WOW. I'm about ready to go back to WOW. Comcast has not changed from what I remember 3 Years ago. BACK ON TOPIC, sorry. My second box, PR150BNM, without DVR, was pausing and going back on regular TV stations but as of yesterday it stopped doing it.??? This X! system has many bugs and I have contacted Comcast everyday since installation. Just to be clear, the second box, without DVR, does pause and replay live TV when it wants to. I'm now trying to find out how to get this feature back. BTW, while playing a recorded DVR program the pause, reverse and forward buttons work as they should. HELP

New Visitor

The salesman failed to tell us we would only be able to pause, rewind and fast forward from the main box. We would lose that ability on the other 2 DVR's we have. So now I am putting my old boxes back. 

New Visitor

The RNG150N otherwise known as an X1 terminal box does not and never will pause or rewind live tv, however Comcast will be releasing a new X1 terminal box known as the Xi3 which will be able to pause and rewind live tv as it is IP based (works off the Internet) at first if cloud DVR is not available in your area it will use one of the tuners inside your DVR to do this, if cloud DVR is available in your area which is currently available in the Boston area only if I'm not mistaken, it will then work off the cloud and not your DVR tuner, this will probably be rolled out at different times for different areas, but the MI, IN areas should see it in Q3 which should be around July. Also you are allowed up to 2 X1 DVR's in the home but can only use one for whole house viewing, the second one acts as a stand alone.
New Visitor
iamaverb

We put a man on the moon 50 years ago and comcast can't pause a program in two rooms. 

Recognized Contributor
fpirelli

if they were hard disks in the sat. boxes you could.  Very simple no hard drive no means to cache the program so you can pause it.

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

fred,

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, you do not need a hard drive to pause/FF/REW live TV. DirecTV Mini Clients do not have a hard drive and they can do it. I am not sure but I am guessing the Dish Network "Joeys" and TiVo "Minis" do not have HDDs either but I am fairly sure they can all pause/FF/REW live TV.

If you look at the specs for the upcoming Xi3 box, it mentions a feature called "Trickplay". I suspect that Trickplay is nothing than a 30 minute solid state memory buffer (cache) that Comcast's competition has already implemented. Personally, I think Comcast has probably known about all of this for some time and they simply made a bad decision.

fpirelli wrote:

if they were hard disks in the sat. boxes you could.  Very simple no hard drive no means to cache the program so you can pause it.

Bronze Problem Solver
gotpizza

why is this so hard? the companion box use the tuner in the box to watch live tv. if you want to access the tuner in the dvr to use the full capabilities of a dvr. all you have to do is push record on your companion box. is that so hard to do. Comcast could set it up to use the dvr tuner all the time, but you would be sharing tuners and have less to record with during prime time. again i don't get it , how hard is it to push the little red record button then go to saved shows to select the show. it takes 5 seconds to do.

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

[ Edited ]

Because it's not real time, it's not intuitive and only a small percentage of users would remember the steps required.

Pizzaman, Comcast blew it on this one and they blew it big time:

1. The Companion boxes have the dreaded audio lag when playing a recording from the DVR. It makes your solution a mute point.

2. The Companion should be able to pause/REW/FF live TV because all of their competition does which means the technology exists at prices that only Comcast could not justify.

3. Add on top of that the infamous surround audio issues of the Companion boxes...

In my humble opinion, the X1 Companion boxes are a MONUMENTAL DISASTER and they are clearly the weak spot of X1 platform in it's current form. Every review I read from TiVo owners and DirecTV Genie owners indicates the client boxes are a mirror image of the DVR. That statement could never be made for the X1 Companion boxes.

Please arrange a meeting with me and the designers and engineers that made the decisions in regards to the X1 Companion boxes so I can wap them upside their heads... EPIC FAIL!!!

gotpizza wrote:

why is this so hard? the companion box use the tuner in the box to watch live tv. if you want to access the tuner in the dvr to use the full capabilities of a dvr. all you have to do is push record on your companion box. is that so hard to do. Comcast could set it up to use the dvr tuner all the time, but you would be sharing tuners and have less to record with during prime time. again i don't get it , how hard is it to push the little red record button then go to saved shows to select the show. it takes 5 seconds to do.

Bronze Problem Solver
gotpizza

rick i can only help with what is not what isn't. they could turn a switch today and make these boxes run all through moca and mirror the dvr. but they won't do it. so for now hit the record button and live with it folks. maybe we all need to get on our knees and pray to the Comcast gods that the mythical xi3 will appear in our house tomorrow .....just saying rick..

pizzaman

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

Pizzaman,

I applaud you if you are able to watch recordings on your Companion box. If I recall, you have one in your kids room and you don't rely on it. I can't do that. The audio lag is too great. If my girlfriend and her daughter noticed it and complained about it must be bad...

This conversation has driven me to a decision. Tomorrow I am going to contact Comcast and demand two more Arris DVRs in place of my Companion boxes at no additional cost. I am curious how far I will get with it...

gotpizza wrote:

rick i can only help with what is not what isn't. they could turn a switch today and make these boxes run all through moca and mirror the dvr. but they won't do it. so for now hit the record button and live with it folks. maybe we all need to get on our knees and pray to the Comcast gods that the mythical xi3 will appear in our house tomorrow .....just saying rick..

pizzaman

Bronze Problem Solver
gotpizza

It cost me about ten extra bucks a month.

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

$10 each DVR. It would be $20 for me... Not that I intend to pay it.

gotpizza wrote:
It cost me about ten extra bucks a month.

Bronze Problem Solver
gotpizza

no that is the total extra money i pay for the second box. when they take away the companion they take away the any room charge and the companion box fee but they charge me about 17 for the second dvr. i would have to look at my old bill to see the difference in money. whatever it is your blood pressure will drop.

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

I get it Pizzaman. $20 for an X1 DVR - $10 losing the Companion = $10 additional for each one. I will be replacing two Companions so the net will be an additional $20/month total.

Please don't tell me girlfriend. It won't go over well... LOL

gotpizza wrote:

no that is the total extra money i pay for the second box. when they take away the companion they take away the any room charge and the companion box fee but they charge me about 17 for the second dvr. i would have to look at my old bill to see the difference in money. whatever it is your blood pressure will drop.

New Visitor
jstl3373

Brought back all the X1 equipment yesterday to get my old DVR's back, now I can pause/rewind Live TV from every bedroom like before. The X1 uprade should be reworded to X1 downgrade, what a big dissappointment. Hopefully Comcast gets their act together and address the issue, won't hold my breath!

New Visitor
trimguy1

I have to post this because I know most of you on this forum will not believe this. A few days ago on our TV in the kitchen with the second box,"it happened again", my wife showed me AGAIN that she could, pause, reverse and go forward with a live program that she was watching. I could not believe my eyes and said 'Comcast' finally released the software upgrade to enable this feature.  My enthusiasm was short lived. The following day this feature disappeared. I know most of you believe I am playing with your heads, but please believe me, it did happen, it is possible to do with X1 and why Comcast is not enabling this feature with the second box is beyond me.

Recognized Contributor
RobertWy

trimguy1 wrote:

I have to post this because I know most of you on this forum will not believe this. A few days ago on our TV in the kitchen with the second box,"it happened again", my wife showed me AGAIN that she could, pause, reverse and go forward with a live program that she was watching. I could not believe my eyes and said 'Comcast' finally released the software upgrade to enable this feature.  My enthusiasm was short lived. The following day this feature disappeared. I know most of you believe I am playing with your heads, but please believe me, it did happen, it is possible to do with X1 and why Comcast is not enabling this feature with the second box is beyond me.

If the main X1 DVR is recording a show, it is possible to pause, RR, FF that show with a companion box.

New Visitor

RickGr4 / Pizzaman:

I don't know how you did it.  I called Comcast to return the Companion box in favor of a second X1 DVR and I was told that in this market (San Francisco Area) it is not possible to have two X1 DVRs in the same household.  I said "well Pizzaman was able to do it, why can't I?!" but they said sorry, not possible for me.  So back to Comcast I go to pick up a couple of old style DVRs just so I can have the functionality I want.  What a major pain / disappointment.

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

[ Edited ]

Not sure what to say. I have three Arris DVRs. Manamok has three Pace DVRs. To my knowledge pizza has two DVRs. At this point I am not going to get into details as to how I arrived at this point other than to say I was persistent. I will say that I am very happy that I no longer have any crappy Pace Companion boxes...

LeafsFan wrote:

RickGr4 / Pizzaman:

I don't know how you did it.  I called Comcast to return the Companion box in favor of a second X1 DVR and I was told that in this market (San Francisco Area) it is not possible to have two X1 DVRs in the same household.  I said "well Pizzaman was able to do it, why can't I?!" but they said sorry, not possible for me.  So back to Comcast I go to pick up a couple of old style DVRs just so I can have the functionality I want.  What a major pain / disappointment.

Bronze Problem Solver
gotpizza

[ Edited ]
Leafsfan....anything is possible...You just have to call the right phone number. Also you need to explain why you need the second box in the right way..Good luck..
Recognized Contributor
RobertWy

Did you call 1-800-xfinity and ask for service upgrade?

Recognized Contributor
m45warrior1

When we had X1 installed we could only get one X1 DVR box due to a shortage of boxes we were told. Also in SF Bay Area. They said we could add a second box at some time in the future. Their loss since we are now getting along fine with one and will not add a second even when they become available. 

New Visitor
lukester01

It is possible to record to a network disk drive and rhat is exactly what directv does. Old, simple technology. I just moved and had directv and it could do all functions from the remote box. Not knowing that, but the picture from directv blows away the x1. I'm very disappointed in xfinity.
Bronze Problem Solver
gotpizza

[ Edited ]

lukester01 wrote:
It is possible to record to a network disk drive andrhat is exactly whatdirectv does. Old, simple technology. I just moved and haddirectv and it could do all functions from the remote box. Not knowing that, but the picture fromdirectv blows away thex1. I'm very disappointed inxfinity.

No it will not do this function. As for the picture I suggest playing around with the resolution, you may found that 720p looks better.

New Visitor
lukester01

I mean Directv has all the functions of the dvr on the remote box. Comcast does not have the functions with X1 junk.
Visitor
suzanne77

I am new to Comcast. In fact it is not installed yet, but I have had a massive education in the ignorance of Comcast reps already.  I called Monday to order service, though I have considered Uverse.  When I put in the order, I told the rep I wanted live pause and rewind on the second tv so I would order two boxes.  He insisted I did not need the other box because the receiver client in the seond room could, in fact, do live pause and rewind.

I went online that night and discovered that -- no I could not do that.  I called the next day and the next salesperson put another box on my order.  He said it would be $17.95.  When I looked at the order it was $19.95.  I called and asked a woman why the price difference? She said they just raised prices but it did not matter BECAUSE COMCAST WOULD NOT ALLOW me to have two X1 boxes. Stunned, I said "what do you mean? They will not allow me?" She replied no they will not--it is a rule.  I said it was on my order. She said "well when the technician goes to the warehouse, they will not give it to him."  I thanked her and hung up. 

Thinking I was in some weird bizarro cable world, I called Uverse and they told me I could pause, and rewind live with their receivers and I did not need two boxes.  I called Comcast to cancel my entire order. When the woman in retention and I both pulled the order up on the screen, I discoverd the Comcast Cop incompetent woman had CANCELLED my second box and had RESCHEDULED my appointment! I had scheduled it that day as I was starting a new job the next day and actually postponed my start date to have the equipment installed.  This Comcast Cop had cancelled the box without my authorization or even telling me, and rescheduled my appointment!  At that point I called the corporate offices. Enough was enough with these bozos. As far as I was concerned, it was grounds for being fired.  They gave me a local "regional director" who is attempting to straighten out the mess.  He has been very nice and given me credits, but right now I am still scheduled for a day I am working, which means we will not have tv or internet for a week. 

These people are the very definition of the word inncompetent.  I still don't know if I am getting the service. If they won't install on the date I scheduled it before Ms. Comcast Cop cancelled my box, then I'm going to have to go with Uverse.  I don't think I can take this level of incompetence.  I've had the old Time Warner, Brighthouse and Verizon and nothing, but nothing, comes close to the ignorance and incompetence I've experienced in one week with Comcast.  Oh, and Verizon had much better technical set-up and better CSRs. But to answer the question--you cannot pause or rewind live tv with Comcast extremely  backwards equipment. You must get a second box, which you ARE allowed to have.

Bronze Problem Solver
RickGr4

We have been told you can have three DVRs on one account. In fact in a few markets Comcast has advertised the "Super DVR" which is nothing more than three DVRs. I have three DVRs and I know of others that also have three.

Please don't blame individual Comcast employees. By nature they are not incompetent. It's the old school telecom culture they work in. Inadequate training. Antiquated systems. Terrible internal communication. Not enough of the employees are using this product at home so they don't know anything about it. I have seen it first hand.

In the grand scheme of things X1 does work. But there are caveats. Your signal levels and signal quality must be pristine. You can't install the Companion boxes in a critical location such as a home theater.

suzanne77 wrote:

I am new to Comcast. In fact it is not installed yet, but I have had a massive education in the ignorance of Comcast reps already.  I called Monday to order service, though I have considered Uverse.  When I put in the order, I told the rep I wanted live pause and rewind on the second tv so I would order two boxes.  He insisted I did not need the other box because the receiver client in the seond room could, in fact, do live pause and rewind.

I went online that night and discovered that -- no I could not do that.  I called the next day and the next salesperson put another box on my order.  He said it would be $17.95.  When I looked at the order it was $19.95.  I called and asked a woman why the price difference? She said they just raised prices but it did not matter BECAUSE COMCAST WOULD NOT ALLOW me to have two X1 boxes. Stunned, I said "what do you mean? They will not allow me?" She replied no they will not--it is a rule.  I said it was on my order. She said "well when the technician goes to the warehouse, they will not give it to him."  I thanked her and hung up. 

Thinking I was in some weird bizarro cable world, I called Uverse and they told me I could pause, and rewind live with their receivers and I did not need two boxes.  I called Comcast to cancel my entire order. When the woman in retention and I both pulled the order up on the screen, I discoverd the Comcast Cop incompetent woman had CANCELLED my second box and had RESCHEDULED my appointment! I had scheduled it that day as I was starting a new job the next day and actually postponed my start date to have the equipment installed.  This Comcast Cop had cancelled the box without my authorization or even telling me, and rescheduled my appointment!  At that point I called the corporate offices. Enough was enough with these bozos. As far as I was concerned, it was grounds for being fired.  They gave me a local "regional director" who is attempting to straighten out the mess.  He has been very nice and given me credits, but right now I am still scheduled for a day I am working, which means we will not have tv or internet for a week. 

These people are the very definition of the word inncompetent.  I still don't know if I am getting the service. If they won't install on the date I scheduled it before Ms. Comcast Cop cancelled my box, then I'm going to have to go with Uverse.  I don't think I can take this level of incompetence.  I've had the old Time Warner, Brighthouse and Verizon and nothing, but nothing, comes close to the ignorance and incompetence I've experienced in one week with Comcast.  Oh, and Verizon had much better technical set-up and better CSRs. But to answer the question--you cannot pause or rewind live tv with Comcast extremely  backwards equipment. You must get a second box, which you ARE allowed to have.

New Visitor
pegunhappy

I have or had been a Comcast customer coming from Florida and never, never had any problems and if so they were addressed immediately and resolved.

We took a break here in Nashville and signed up for Uverse.  The cost got too high and the system was not what we wanted, EXCEPT, on all cable boxes we could pause and rewind.

I too, specifically told the tech who set us up when we went back to Comcast that I wanted pause and rewind in all three bedrooms. Sure, sure.

I have given up fighting over it, but I am going to pick up my second DVR this week and NO ONE is going to tell me I cannot have it.

The level of incompetence is appalling with the folks at Comcast. One Sunday I spent 4 hours on the phone, at the end of the call I was assured my issues had been resolve (jpause and rewind). NOT

BTW, the coompanion box in my room resets all by itself at least four or more times a day. In the middle of a program. So, many calls later, all agree I need a new set top box and someone would be happy to come out and exchange it for free. BUT, if I want them to bring me a DVR and exchange the defective box I have to pay a service charge.

Seriously, I have given up. But the thought of changing again makes my head explode. Which is probably what Comcast is counting on.

New Visitor
micheleX1

I live in South Florida.  I dont want to get anyone's hopes up, but Comcast is coming on Monday (9/29/14) to take away the USELESS X1 companion box and install another X1 main box.  I am told (by both the technical department and the sales department) that as of a couple of weeks ago, they can now be hooked up together for multi-room viewing, so in theory, i SHOULD be able to pause and rewind live TV and watch shows record in either room.

I will update next week.

Bronze Problem Solver
gotpizza

[ Edited ]
I am in ft myers with 2 DVRs and yes you can pause live from both and record 8 things at once.....also you can share between boxes...