Visitor
judyoc

Can't access comcast email on Samsung R451c Straight Talk phone

I bought a Walmart Straight Talk phone (Samsung R451Vc) a couple of months ago.  Had no problem accessing my email via m.comcast.net until 3 or 4 weeks ago.  At first, it wouldn't let me sign in.  (The "sign in" button was not clickable.)  Then it would let me click "sign in", but would just take me to another Comcast menu - not my email.  Tried again today, and when the Comcast Mobile Menu pops up, it will let me go to weather, news, etc, but when I click on Email, I get "Security Error: Untrusted Server Certificate." 

George @ Comcast said they were looking into this... It's probably a Comcast mobile issue (not a problem with the Verizon network or an issue with the Straight Talk phone/plan through Walmart.)  Hoping for a resolution soon!

Regular Contributor

Re: Can't access comcast email on Samsung R451c Straight Talk phone

This problem has existed for months and I'm becoming skeptical that anyone is  working to resolve it.  Would appreciate an update from the Comcast folks. 

Connection Expert
JamesR

Sorry the comcast folks did not respond on this.  I escalated the issue for you and they acknowledge there is a compatibility problem with this phone and they are working to resolve the issue.

Visitor

I cannot access ANY thing on email. problem goes on and on. what the heck is going on?

Visitor

Cannot get email to pop up on my desk top PC. Is anyone at home at Comcast????

Connection Expert
JamesR

Do you have the same Samsung phone listed in the Title for this thread?

Regular Contributor

This problem is NOT phone specific.  Comcast changed the portal in February (?) to please "smart phone" users and left the rest of us without service.  It's high time that Comcast restore the mobile portal to support those of us with other phones.   Not sure what Comcast means when they say they will "elevate" the issue as there has been more than enough time and no progress has been made. :smileyangry:

New Visitor
dvaeason

Yep... I have the same problem... Untrusted certificate. Have an LG LX140, Virgin mobile unlmt'd web service. i can open my secondary email,(Gmail) and Facebook. C'mon COMCAST! I NEED my e-mail when using the phone! Trying to run 2 businesses!

Official Employee
charvey

[ Edited ]

dvaeason wrote:

Yep... I have the same problem... Untrusted certificate. Have an LG LX140, Virgin mobile unlmt'd web service. i can open my secondary email,(Gmail) and Facebook. C'mon COMCAST! I NEED my e-mail when using the phone! Trying to run 2 businesses!

<removed>

Never mind. Should I assume you get to the site ok, but when you try to hit the email link is when you get the cert error?

Regular Contributor

And what is the ETR please?