New Visitor

Contact name on text's not showing

Hello!

I am using the text messaging tool throught the Xfinity App on my Iphone 3GS. Is there anyway to turn on caller ID for text messaging. I have no problem receiving or sending, but would like to know who is texting me before I open it up. It only displays my contacts numbers and when I first text them the app must be pulling from my phone contacts. Also- if this cannot be changed- who do I contact at Xfinity to make suggestions?

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Re: Contact name on text's not showing

swaplphone - when you are in the app, we are able to just do a local read from the contacts for only the purposes of displaying the corresponding name for that contact. When you recieve a text message as a notification outside the app, we have no means of matching that with a contact entry in your address book. This is the way iOS is designed today. 

I will pass this suggesion on to our team.

Visitor
ALANMOLOFSKY

I have a related question. Is there any way to display my name instead of my home phone number when texting? I would prefer to not give this number out to some of the people I may be contacting via text, and should someone choose to call me after receiving a text, i likely would not be at home to receive it.
New Visitor
andrewsonline

This sucks especially when you see the screenshots with the name and the profile pic on the comcast website.