New Visitor
user26

Contacts on xtinity app not syncing w/ iphone

xfinity connect app ver. 4.1   I cannot sync the xfinity address book with the iphone contacts.  144 in phone contacts and 400 in xfinity address book.  This is a recent problem.

Contributor

Re: Contacts on xtinity app not syncing w/ iphone

user26 wrote:

xfinity connect app ver. 4.1   I cannot sync the xfinity address book with the iphone contacts.  144 in phone contacts and 400 in xfinity address book.  This is a recent problem.

Is there is any error displaying? or simply it is failing?

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

To Access Address book on iOS please follow the below instructions.

> Under settings and privacy there will be a Contacts option.
> When you click on it you will see comcast.
> Change the option to share my local contacts with the comcast app.

Now go to the Xfinity Connect app and try to access the contacts. Now you will be able to accesse all the phone contacts.

This should work if not please let me know.

New Visitor
user26

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I had tried you suggestion a number of times without success.  But I finally solved the problem in a rounabout way.  I downloaded the xfinity address book to a vcard file.  But IOS wouldnt recognize it. I got a message telling me that if violated one of the limiting criteria.  But it did not. So I merged the contacts with google contacts and them exported the info to a vcard file.  I was then able to imprt the file info into ios contacts in the icloud.  From there it synced properly to iphone contacts.  I guess I will have to do it periodically if I add info the xfinity address book that I need to have available in the iphone contacts.   The cause of all this is that the iphone phone gets its numbers and info from the ios contacts app not from the xfinity address book.  And does not seem to be any easy way to move info from the xfinity to the iphone contacts app.  However, you can import info from the contacts to the xfinity address book.  Confusing...!??