Official Employee
ComcastEric

NEW! Send and receive texts with the XFINITY Mobile App and from the web with XFINITY Connect

[ Edited ]

You can now use your XFINITY Voice home phone number to send and receive text messages to and from the US and Canada.

Seamless texting across devices: Use the XFINITY Mobile app to send and receive texts from your iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch®, or Android™ device, or log on to XFINITY Connect to send and receive texts from the web. Conversations are saved on both the XFINITY Mobile app and XFINITY Connect, so now you can enjoy seamless texting whether you are at home or on the go.

Save on your wireless texting plan: There is no text messaging plan required from your mobile provider.  Use Text Messaging from XFINITY in place of a text plan from your mobile provider, or to supplement the number of texts available as part of the text plan from your mobile provider. Text messaging from XFINITY is included at no additional charge for all XFINITY Voice Unlimited customers. Local with More customers can try it at no additional charge until May 31, 2010.

Other cool features: Speak your message into the XFINITY Mobile app and it will be written and sent as a text!

Download the XFINITY Mobile app for iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch®

Download the XFINITY Mobile app for Android™

Learn more about text messaging with the XFINITY Mobile app 

Not available in all areas. Standard data charges apply. Check with your carrier. Pricing subject to change. Requires subscription to XFINITY Voice Unlimited or XFINITY Voice Local with More service. Local with More Text Messaging offer ends May 31, 2012. Starting June 1, 2012 regular charges apply. Comcast's current monthly service charge for Text Messaging is $2.95 per month with subscription to Local with More. Taxes and the Regulatory Recovery Fee extra. May not be combined with other offers. Call for restrictions and complete details.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: NEW! Send and receive texts with the XFINITY Mobile App for Android™

Hello,

It would be nice if comcast could make a slight modification to this app by being able to send pictures (mms)

over the phone.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

The MMS functionality will be coming in Phase II of the release. Sometime next year.

New Visitor
Joy8282

How long will it be until this is released for iOS device?
New Visitor

What about secondary accts. I updated the app on ios and do not have the text option.
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

The iOS version is released as of last night. Secondary accounts are not supported yet, but we are working on it and soon will update users about it.

Visitor
tksuther

When I send a text the recipient reads that the sender is named "Home". Is there a way to change this (IOS)? I didn't see any option to do this in settings.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Please clarfiy what do you mean by sender ?

Do you mean that when you send a text message to another reciepient, on this end the message comes from 'Home'?

Perhaps it could be because your Home phone number is used for text messaging on the other end - so the recieptn must have saved your home phone number as 'Home'  Is it someone in yoru immideate family? (Guessing)

Visitor
tksuther

Yes you're right. The number on the recipient's phone is saved as home. That explains it. Thanks!!
Contributor
BettySue05

Re: NEW! Send and receive texts with the XFINITY Mobile App

Keep getting error 307 when trying to accept user agreement for testing. I have uninstalled an re-installed several times. I have Ipad, IOS 5.01. Any Ideas?
Contributor
BettySue05

that would be texting..sorry.
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

BettySue05 wrote:
Keep getting error 307 when trying to accept user agreement for testing. I have uninstalled an re-installed several times. I have Ipad, IOS 5.01. Any Ideas?

BettySue05 - Your's is a Rate code error. Let me find out if we can fix it for you, or you need to call 1-800-COMCAST.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

BettySue - We know the issue. You need to email me on kchahal@comcast.net with your Comcast Account number, your Home TN number. I will pass it on to CARE and they will fix it manually.

Please email me asap with these details .

Kchahal

Contributor
BettySue05

Rate code? I tried calling last night and they said it might be 72 hours before a manager called me because she had never heard of that.
Contributor
BettySue05

I just emailed.
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Don't worry about that. Just send me the details i asked and i will get it fixed. Can't comitt on the time yet.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Also - please send your Comcast account number. It must be listed on your Bill.

Contributor
BettySue05

Okay, you should have it. thanks again.
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

can you log out of the app (from settings area in main menu) and log back in and see if you have the Text tab enabled now?

Contributor
BettySue05

Same error
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

When you go the Text tab - you see the sign up page and you try to sign up, and accept Terms and conditions, thats when you get this error again?

Contributor
normanmgates

...works great in the 20001 corp, love the balloon threaded sms UI... #NJ
New Visitor
godelfin

I successfully installed the iOS app last night, and hit the subscriber agreement accept button. A few moments later I had lost internet connectivity and was being asked to activate my cable modem again. However, i was not able to activate my modem. I tried cold rebooting the modem but again I am being shown the activation screen but I can't activate. 

Any idea what I did wrong and how to get my internet working again?

Contributor
MikeNNNN

What is my Comcast EMail address associated with my text account. My daughter does not have a texting plan on her cell phone but does have a data plan and EMail and is able to email "myphonenumber@txt.att.net" and the email appears as a text message on my phone. Most carriers have an EMail address associated with the customer's cell phone number. Please let me know the similar Comcast number?

Thanks

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

godelfin wrote:

I successfully installed the iOS app last night, and hit the subscriber agreement accept button. A few moments later I had lost internet connectivity and was being asked to activate my cable modem again. However, i was not able to activate my modem. I tried cold rebooting the modem but again I am being shown the activation screen but I can't activate. 

Any idea what I did wrong and how to get my internet working again?

goldenfish - your internet going off has nothing to do with text messaging activation. you should call 1-800-COMCAST and open a ticket for this one.

On the app, when you try to activate Text messaging, please explain the exact flow- where and at what step you are having an issue - what error is being shown?

Are you able to see your voicemails and call logs in the app and in Xfinity Connect online ?

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

MikeNNNN wrote:

What is my Comcast EMail address associated with my text account. My daughter does not have a texting plan on her cell phone but does have a data plan and EMail and is able to email "myphonenumber@txt.att.net" and the email appears as a text message on my phone. Most carriers have an EMail address associated with the customer's cell phone number. Please let me know the similar Comcast number?

Thanks

MikeNNN -  Do you have Comcast Voice service and are you talking about Text Messaging service from Xfinity. The email provided by Comcast has nothing to do with any text messaging service (Either from Xfinity or any other). If you have Text Messaging service from Xfinty, it is associated with your xfinity voice number.  makes sense?

Contributor
MikeNNNN

Yes, thanks.
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

you are welcome.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

BettySue05 wrote:
Same error

BettySue - Were you able to sign up? Can you please log out of the app and sign back in and try again and also confirm if the app is stil showing NuLL in settings?

Contributor
normanmgates

...nice i can also send/receive text messages using a pc also...
Contributor
BettySue05

No longer NULL. I had a nice texting chat with my stepdaughter last night. Thats for everyones help!!!
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

You are welcome Bettysue. Please continue to use the forums for any issues.

Kchahal

Contributor
WAMBO

What's the ETA on adding SMS to secondary accounts on the iPhone Xfinity Mobile app? Or can I have more than one primary account?

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

WAMBO wrote:

What's the ETA on adding SMS to secondary accounts on the iPhone Xfinity Mobile app? Or can I have more than one primary account?

There is no ETA at present that i am aware of. Will let you as soon as i know. You cannot have more than one primary account.

Contributor
WAMBO

Thanks. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Absolutely ! .. I will keep you updated.

Contributor

Alerts and sound notification not working on ipad2
Visitor
riprepulski

Just signed up yesterday and was greeted this morning with spam texts.  Not interested in those.  How do I delete ONLY texting capability on my XFINITY account?

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Franmiele - Can you log out of the app and log back in? Please make sure that Xfinity Mobile is enabled to recieve notifications in your iPad's notfication settings and also that all notifications are turned to ON in Xfinity mobile settings from the settings icon.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

riprepulski - Xfintiy does not control distribution of numbers. It may be that your home number is signed up for somethings. However, I'd like to know how many spam messages you got, and since how long ?I can perhaps ask our team to see if they can block certain numbers if at all that is possible or not.

Contributor

Re: NEW! Send and receive texts with the XFINITY Mobile App for iOS

Checked all the setting, they were on. Logged out and back in, still not giving alerts of any kind.. I,m using an ipad2 wifi. Not an android
Contributor
WAMBO

That happens if you have the locksetting on if you have a cover that locks it automactically. No notifications will be seen. If your other notifications work, then my solution is incorrect. I had to turn it off to see all my notifications.

Contributor

I get notifications, with the cover closed, from my other apps, like google mobile +
Contributor

I just tested with the cover open and did NOT get any notifications on the ipad
Contributor

I made the fatal mistake of logging out of the app on my iPhone and now it isn't giving notifications either
Contributor

Ok, the problem with the iPhone turns out to that I logged back in after I logged in to the app with my ipad. I logged of the app on both devices, yes they use the same account, then logged in to the app with the iPhone first and it give notifications. Next I did the reverse. Logged into the app with the iPad first and it gives notifications but the iPhone doesn't. Looks like you cannot use the app on two different iOS devices with the same account. How do I get around this if xfinity is assigning my home phone to the app?
Contributor
WAMBO

Excellent and very useful information. And good detective work! Because I was about to do the same set up  (my iPad and my iPhone). I was was using Textfree app for SMS, but it can only be logged in on one device at a time as well.

Thank you.

Contributor

If you want an app that will work on two iOS devices using the same account, use google mobile+. It works via google voice
Contributor
WAMBO

I looks like we think alike. That's what I've been using, but I don't like the UI and having yet a third phone number. Setting it up to dial out og the iPhone as my primary number is easy, and turning off call screening makes it easier for others to call me, but I just don't like that GV app interface very much. Third party dialing apps don't make it much better. Hopefully the Xfinity app will get secondary accounts added since I have two phone lines.

Contributor

I agree. I would rather the xfinity app works