New Visitor
lakerfan74
Accepted Solution

No sound Voicemail playback android

Hi,

I have a Droid 2 Global running android 2.2. I can see my voicemails but get no sound in speaker or receiver mode.

Is there any fix? I have tried a reinstall.
Regular Contributor
wgradio

Re: No sound Voicemail playback android

I have the same problem.

Visitor

I also have the same issue.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Sorry for the late response. Has this issue been resolved?

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Regular Contributor
wgradio

No, The issue still exist. Very low volume cant hear well the voice message and wably sound.

Regular Contributor

I have the same issue....volume is up all the way and either through speaker or headset I cannot hear the message....i can hear someone talking but it is extremely low.

Please advise as I travel alot and having access to voice mails while traveling is important.

thanks

paul

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Can you hear the same Voicemail with louder sound on SmartZone (online on www.comcast.net email)?

Just want to make sure if the file has issues.

Try this - forward the voicemail (as you can from the app) to your email address and save the sound file on your desktop - see if the sound has any improvement.

Kchahal

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the quick response. I had deleted the file already. So what i will do when I recieve another voice mail that I can't hear from my Droid X is this:

1) Try to listen to it via my computer on the comcast site.

2) If it sounds fine on the comcast.site I will try to email it as a file to my droid and use one of my droid audio apps to listen to it.

If one and two above sound fine and it still is low via the xfinity mobile app I will let you know.

Thanks

Paul

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Thanks,

Regular Contributor
wgradio

I can hear the voice mail in my computer using Smartzone. I can forward and hear it in my yahoo email service on my computer and my droid phone but I cant hear it at VM Digital voice on the Xfinity mobile APP. on my droid phone.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Okay then we need to investigate.  Will follow up soon.

Thanks

New Visitor
williebee69

Yes, I am having the same issue.  I can hear the VM's fine on the PC, and they show up in the app, but everytime they play on my ATT Atrix, I can't hear them at all.

Please fix this.  I also just updated the app on the phone and it still has no sound.

Brad Clark

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem on my Atrix with all the latest updates. I can forward the voicemail to my e-mail and then I can hear the attached audio file (a good temporary fix), but I cannot hear it in the Xfinity Mobile app. Another work around is to start VM playback, the press the phone's Home button, then re-enter Xfinity app and restart plaback. Then I can hear it via the Speaker. However, switching between Speaker and Receiver has no effect - sound continues to come from the Speaker, so I cannot listen privately. Also, I have to repeat the process to hear the next voicemail. There is obviously a problem with the app's interaction with the Atrix audio system.

Regular Contributor
kapsc

[ Edited ]
I have been told the issue is with some Android devices and a root cause has been found
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Yes. This a backend issue with file format conversion and playback within the app with certain devices - particularly the Atrix and Droid X. The root cause is being investigated and a fix is coming out soon.

I will keep you guys posted.

Until then  - for the voicemails having issues, try the work around of forwarding it to your email and then playing it on the device.

Kchahal

Regular Contributor
wgradio

Thanks for your reply and also on Droid 2 Global running android 2.2.

New Visitor
Brian3649

I have the same problem with my Droid 2.  Has the fix come out yet?

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Good news. We have found a fix and the next release of Android Xfinty mobile app version 3.0.1 will be fixing it. The release is expected to go out within a week or two. 

Thanks,

Kchahal

Visitor

Any update on the when the 3.0.1 version will be coming out?

New Visitor
Pcorchary

Im having same issue with Xfinity Mobile v3.0 on Motorola ATRIX with Gingerbread/2.3.4 ... is there any release date for the bug fix?
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

The 3.0.1 with the voicemail playback fix is going to come out in the next 24-48 hours. Watch out for an update in your Android Market.

Visitor

Thanks.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Gentlemen

The 3.0.1 release is now available on Android Market. Please update your app and notice the difference in performance. We request you go to Android Market and rate/review the app.

Thanks, 

Visitor

[ Edited ]

As a new user, I just downloaded the android app 3.0.1 to my htc Incerdible. I get no sound on vm play back. Voice mail plays ok on pc. Any fix?

New Visitor
davage

New Visitor
davage

I have a voicemail volume problem also. I running 3.0.1 on an LG G2X android phone. I also noticed that if I rotate my phone while in the xfinity app it will kick me back our to the main menu. This happened while I was posting the first time.
Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

davage wrote:
I have a voicemail volume problem also. I running 3.0.1 on an LG G2X android phone. I also noticed that if I rotate my phone while in the xfinity app it will kick me back our to the main menu. This happened while I was posting the first time.

I will pass this on to the team. The htc incredible one is a known device specific issue and nothing to do with the app. A fix may be comiing the upcoming 3.5 release.

New Visitor
Pcorchary

The v3.0.1 release fixed the problem for me. There is now an Xfinity Mobile v3.5 release that is also problem-free for me on my Atrix4G.

Comcast: thank you for your replies and follow up on 10/19, 11/16 and 11/29. No further follow up is required.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Thanks

New Visitor
prostang

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue on ICS.  I am 3.5.4.  Forwarding to email and playing on phone or computer does work.  It would be nice if the app just worked.

New Visitor
prostang

I am on 3.5.4 by the way.

New Visitor
LittleLo

I'm still having this problem and just recently dowloaded the most current xfinity mobile app v4.0.2.  Any idea??  I have a Thunderbolt