New Visitor
Lrdcon

Text messaging doesn't work

I have xfinity voice and I receive offers for free text . I've installed the mobile app and set it up on my laptop. But it still doesn't work keep getting a problem communicating with server message. Any help would be appreciated
Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Text messaging doesn't work

The text messaging must be added to your account.  The best way to test it is on Xfinity Connect before trying it on any mobile device.  If you get a error message clicking on the text section on Xfinity Connect then it is not on your account.

Try and call into Comcast, I had to ask to have it activated.

It now shows up on my monthly statement as an additonal line item under my CDV section.

text.JPG

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

[ Edited ]

Lrdcon wrote:
I have xfinity voice and I receive offers for free text . I've installed the mobile app and set it up on my laptop. But it still doesn't work keep getting a problem communicating with server message. Any help would be appreciated

When do you see this error exactly? are you seeing it everytime you send a message, or try to refresh?

Can you log out of the app (from main menu- settings) and try again?

New Visitor
donnydv

i'm having the same problem,,, for some reason i believe that this stuff just DONT work.... i'm told that mine should be working within 6 days, it's be 8 days and it still does NOT work.... this is very frustrating.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Delete the current version of the app, and download a fresh 3.5.3 version. It was released last week.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]
V.3.5.3 XFINITY MOBILE APPLICATION ERROR.

Problem first appeared all of a sudden, and was reported on Sunday April 29th 2012 - though the application worked  for the previous two months. 

I checked to see whether the problem was with the Android operating system or the Xfinity Application.

I did this by restoring the OS of my phone, and followed that by downloading and reinstalling the Android Xfinity application.

The same application error repeated ... the mobile app would crash when tapping on the "Text" button. 

• Unresolved, Inoperational; pending callback from texting support when operational.

• Texting support stated this was a nationwide problem.

Notes:

My Android 2.2 Operating system worked since February 2012 with Xfinity mobile texting  application until  April 29th 2012

I checked the Xfinity mobile application "Settings" panel...

Now under "Texting subscription", here is what was displayed.

~~~~~~~~~~~
 TEXT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"TEXT MESSAGING PLAN"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 " ERROR IN FETCHING TELEPHONE NUMBER. PLEASE LOGIN AGAIN"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was confirmed to have Texting linked to my account - I can see the additionial entry printed to the CDV portion of the monthly statement.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So what could this be - and why sooo long to correct?

Visitor

Signed up for this last night. I have the same problems.

Using Samsung Galaxy S. Tried sending text, no luck.

Recieved one from Comcast, and one from a friend,

both without notification. Uninstalled app, reboot phone,

reinstall app. Now I can't access any of the message functions.

Touch any of the tabs and the app reverts to the home screen

of kills itself instantly. Now I suppose that because something

in the app's coding has changed it will become completely useless.

Regular Contributor

REPLY 1

Hi Stephen,

We have experienced this issue as well.
Please stay tuned for 3.5.4 update which we will be releasing this week itself.
Regards,
Xfinity Team
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:30 AM, STEPHEN.ROST <ifcj@comcast.net>wrote:
Hi ,

V3.5.3 Now crashes when selecting to Text.

HUAWEI Ideos (T Mobile - Comet) (OS Android 2.2)

• Every feature operated with version 3.5.2 from February 2012 until April 29th 2012.

• The next upgrade version 3.5.3 caused the Texting feature to crash the mobile application...

• Otherwise the remainder of the program works.

My Comcast service ticket CR285302771 has the problem linked to a "national level" service problem.

Going on two weeks...

-- Xfinity | Mobile

REPLY 2

........................................................................................................

Hi ifcj,

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

5.21.2012 UPDATE

v.3.5.4 has arrived ~

No problem with texting as of this update.

Thanks much.

Regular Visitor
RC1952

Don't feel badly. I moved on the first of June, (same city, phone etc.) and as of today, I still can't send or recieve texts. I got a call yesterday from comcast that said it was all set, I sent one text, and never received a text back. When I spoke to the person i sent the text to, she said she never recieved it. As far as tech support...leaves a lot to be desired. Between the phone calls, online chat, emails etc. NOONE could fix this issue. Very frustrating at best.

Regular Contributor
kapsc

RC1952,

Please send your user ID to chandra_bhatt@cable.comcast.net. We will help you resolving your problem ASAP. Thanks for your cooperation.

-XFINITY Connect Support

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

RC1952 wrote:

Don't feel badly. I moved on the first of June, (same city, phone etc.) and as of today, I still can't send or recieve texts. I got a call yesterday from comcast that said it was all set, I sent one text, and never received a text back. When I spoke to the person i sent the text to, she said she never recieved it. As far as tech support...leaves a lot to be desired. Between the phone calls, online chat, emails etc. NOONE could fix this issue. Very frustrating at best.

RC1952 wrote:

RC1952  - can you please send your comacst.net ID to chandra_bhatt@cable.comcast.net

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Sorry - chandra_bhatt@cable.comcast.com

New Visitor
BCozz

Text messaging does not work on my iPhone with the Xfinity Connect. I just get a message that says "Text Messaging from XFINITY is unavailable at this time. Please check back later".  I deleted the app and re-installed it but no change.  Any ideas?

Official Employee
XfinityKchahal

Bcozz - We will check your account and update you soon. Thanks!

New Visitor
BCozz

Is there any progress on resolving my texting from my Xfinity Connect app yet?

Thanks,

Bryan

Official Employee
XfinityKchahal

Bryan - Please check now and let me know if you are still facing the issue. Thanks!

New Visitor
BCozz

Yes, it is working now.  THANK YOU!