Contributor

Re: Welcome to the Comcast Mobile Portal Forum

Well, it's not a password issue. Changed the password so the first letter was capitalized and that didn't make any difference. Any other suggestions?
Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

Something else you might try is changing your password to something that just involves letters.  No numbers.  Be sure to change it back once you complete your test.  Or, if you prefer, use the username box (which shows you what you are typing) to practice typing your password on your blackberry, just to make sure you are hitting the keys you mean to.

Of course, as a final reminder, passwords are case sensitive.  You probably were well aware, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Chris
Contributor

Thanks for your continued help. Seems all possible solutions have been exhausted.
New Visitor

I get page not found.
It was working for a little on 11/20 but then nothing and still nothing. I am using a motorola razr and ATT wireless service.

ouch
arnerm@comcast.net
Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

We do not have any notification of server downtime at the moment.  Please keep trying and make sure that you have a good data connection on your Razr whenever you are trying to connect to http://m.comcast.net.

Chris
Regular Visitor

I really like the Comcast Mobile Portal. I use it daily from my iPod Touch. It was fast and had all the essential categories for quick & simple access from a mobile device. Unfortunately, it has been inaccessible since the evening of November 29.
Visitor
Visitor

Server was not available when I went to either m.comcast.net or mobilebeta.comcast.net, using BlackBerry 8830 smartphone  v4.2.2.123 (Platform 3.0.0.64). Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

kth wrote:
Server was not available when I went to either m.comcast.net or mobilebeta.comcast.net, using BlackBerry 8830 smartphone  v4.2.2.123 (Platform 3.0.0.64). Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Can you confirm you can visit other sites using your mobile browser?  Try http://wap.fandango.com.  Could you also tell us which carrier you are using and the approximate date and time you had issues?  Of course, keep trying... we do not have any reports of server downtime at the moment and it could have been a hiccup anywhere between your phone and our servers.

Chris
New Visitor

was not able to access either site from blackberry.  are bb devices excluded ?
New Visitor

i can now access, but on blackberry must delete the "www" that is automatically inserted when use the "goto" site function
New Visitor

Nice.  I suggest adding the ability to hear/download one's voicemail.
New Visitor

Any chances of addiing a desktop shortcut for mobile comcast? I have a Pearl 8130

Thanks!!
New Visitor

Will the comcast mobil work with the Blackberry Pearl on TMobil service?  I tried several times and cannot get the page to come up.  Do I have to download the opera browser or will the browser that comes with the blackberry work?
New Visitor

I agree; great concept but needs a lot of work. The biggest thing I would like to see changed is the way you add "my channels" After I add 1 channels I have to navigate through 3 menues to get back to the page to add another channel. And that if I am still on the first page. If I am on the 3rd or 4th page then I have to navigate through 5-6 pages for every one I want to add. If there are 4 channels on one page, I have to go through over a dozen pages loading just add the 4 of them I gave up after adding 3 and just logged off.
One other thing is the "Fun & Games" What is Twitter? There is no information about it at all.

By the way I have a BlackBerry Pearl on Verizon
Contributor

Needs more simple applications like calendar -note pad - to do list

I think it needs a few more simple applications like calendar - note pad / To Do List.

Yeah I know you can send email notes to yourself, but wouldn’t it be great to set your calendar and to do list on Comcast and then be able to send them your phone.  You could even set alarms to be sent to your phone, NEW MESSAGE, Meeting In Ten Minutes etc.

Poor man’ s PDA

New Visitor

When I sign in to get my email using my usual comcast name and password it just comes back and asks for it again.   Cant get in.
New Visitor

Hello:

I just received an eMail notification that that Comcast Mobile is now available for cellphone access by Comcast customers.  Are there any charges associated with using the portal  (besides my normal AT&T data charges, I mean)?

Thanks,
   Sandc
Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

sandc wrote:
Hello:

I just received an eMail notification that that Comcast Mobile is now available for cellphone access by Comcast customers.  Are there any charges associated with using the portal  (besides my normal AT&T data charges, I mean)?

Thanks,
   Sandc

There are no charges other than what your cell phone carrier is charging for you to access the internet from your phone.

Chris
New Visitor

How do I tell if I have a wap 2 browser on my Cingular/AT&T phone?

Jack Koyle
Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

jkoyle wrote:
How do I tell if I have a wap 2 browser on my Cingular/AT&T phone?

Jack Koyle

What kind of phone do you have?  What is the manufacturer and model?

Chris
Visitor

if I access m.comcast.net and start getting my emails on my mobile phone.....will it increase the cost of my monthly bill to my service provider?
Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

Leapy3 wrote:
if I access m.comcast.net and start getting my emails on my mobile phone.....will it increase the cost of my monthly bill to my service provider?

You need to check your cell phone service provider for details on the data plan you signed up for.  There are lots of different cell phone data plans out there.

Chris
Regular Visitor

When I access the m.comcast.net site from by Backberry it show my inbox in empty, but I know I have emails because they are in the inbox on my PC.  Must I do something more than sign-in to access my email from my Blackberry?
Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

chaserf wrote:
When I access the m.comcast.net site from by Backberry it show my inbox in empty, but I know I have emails because they are in the inbox on my PC.  Must I do something more than sign-in to access my email from my Blackberry?

When you log into http://webmail.comcast.net, do you see the messages you are expecting to see on the mobile site?  It may be that your PC downloads them before you can see them on our mobile portal, but you should go to Webmail using your PC browser first to make sure.  If you do not see anything there, then you probably are downloading all of your emails to your PC client (Outlook maybe?) and nothing is left on the server.  If there ARE emails there, please let us know and we will look deeper into the matter for you.

If you do not want to download all of your messages to your PC, then you need to ensure that 'leave messages on server' (or the equivalent) is checked in the settings of whatever email client you are using at home.

Chris
New Visitor

I have a Verizon Treo 650.  So far the mobile portal seems to work fine but I have the same problem with missing e-mail.  I use Firefox on my PC and have it set to leave messages on the server until I move them to my local folders, on my PC.  When I log into my comcast mail, on the PC, all the messages I have not yet filed are present.  When I log into the 'mobile' e-mail on the Treo I only see any 'new' messages.  I'm logged into my comcast mail on my PC when I try on the Treo so I know the messages are still there, they are just not shown on my 'mobile' e-mail.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance
New Visitor

Great idea and works great on this old Sanyo flip fone. Is there any way to personalize this similar to the web page so when you access m.comcast.net it knows who you are and associates the other personalized settings such as weather, email etc? I'm glad you are doing this mobile version as I use the web portal quite extensively and hope this will evolve as well.

Showoff (the only nickname not take. I am anything but a showoff).
Regular Contributor
Andrew_D

[ Edited ]
Showoff- if your Sanyo browser can maintain cookies, then the mobile portal will 'remember' you each time you visit. If the browers built in to the phone won't save cookies, then see if the carrier has an update perhaps?

Message Edited by cc_dixon on 02-12-2008 04:04 AM
Andy D.
Comcast Interactive Media
New Visitor

The mobile portal is FANTASTIC!!! I haven't checked everything out yet, but I can get email!! I can't believe this has been in beta 6 mos and I didn't know. I can't count the number of hours I have tried to access comcast web site over the years to get email on my Treo, because I could not get to a computer. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
New Visitor

CajunTek wrote:

cc_dixon wrote:

Welcome!

If you have found your way to this forum, it means you are using or are interested in using the Comcast Mobile Portal.  Thank you.

Currently, the Comcast Mobile Portal is in beta and can be found at: http://mobilebeta.comcast.net

Made clickable!!!! 

Simply key that URL into your mobile phone's browser and you can immediately begin enjoying our site.

This forum will be used for the Comcast Mobile Portal team to monitor feedback, respond to support issues and basically connect with the community.  We will be watching the messages closely, so feel free to tell us what you like about the application, what needs improvement and what you may like to see in future releases. 

Also, if you are having problems accessing the site on your phone, we would like to hear about that too.  Please include your phone manufacturer, model and network so that we have as much information as we can in order to help you out.

Thank you again for taking an interest in our product.

Chris

Chris Dixon
Comcast Mobile Portal Team

Message Edited by cc_dixon on 06-29-2007 08:48 AM

It's got to cost something can't find info on that.
Visitor

Hello Chris,

This is the first time I have tried to use the mobile portal.  I am using the most advanced Motorola Rzr with AT&T service.

I have no problem getting to the portal but when I submit my address and password for my email, I get a message: "Fetch redirected URL?"  If I answer "yes," I get the question again.  If I answer "no" then I'm just taken back to the mage with my address and password ready to submit.

I spoke to AT&T and they have no idea why this is happening.  Can you help?

Thanks,

momope
Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

[ Edited ]
First, thanks for taking the time to post your issue to our forum.

Second, you are not the first person to see a redirect issue on your Razr model.  It seems that the Razr may have issues redirecting.  We are going to investigate a little more and possibly provide a fix soon.  In the meantime, I am not sure whether you can do this, but the Opera Mini may be able to help here.  In fact, if you have some success here, you may provide some relief to some of our other Razr users on the AT&T network.

This should get you to where you need to go.  Note that Opera Mini is a very popular browser for mobile phones and quite a few people on this forum actually have used it successfully in the past.  It hopefully will fix your issue and, if you are open to downloading it and trying it out, I hope that you will take a moment to tell us of your successes.

Chris

Message Edited by cc_dixon on 02-16-2008 04:50 PM
New Visitor

I entered the information I have correctly entered my 'name' and password  and I still can not connect. Help I have a razor 3, with verizon
New Visitor

Thanks for the new mobile comcast. How about an icon we can put on our phone for even easier and faster access to comcast.net mobile?
Visitor

Hello Chris,

Opera Mini solved the problem and it is a more intuitive, user-friendly format to use than the Media Net that Razr has.  I noticed what may be a little kink when using Opera Mini to go to m.comcast.net: Opera Mini starts with "www." already in the text window; I had to delete this to connect using only "m.comcast.net" in the window.

But, I now have a problem related to Opera Mini.  After I ended the web session and then tried to come back, it seemed that I could only come back to Media Net.  I thought I had somehow unloaded Opera Mini but when I tried to reload, it was still there.  How do I get back to it?

momoped
New Visitor

cannot log on with my username and password. I have no trouble getting to the site.
Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

melinda822 wrote:
cannot log on with my username and password. I have no trouble getting to the site.

What kind of phone do you have and what network do you use?

Thanks for the extra information.

Chris
New Visitor

The weather forecast is totally useless to me without current radar.  Please consider adding it to the site.  Thanks.
New Visitor

I typed in the url you said, and it takes me Yahoo and MSN.  No comcast.net.   Now what?
New Visitor

Just tried m.comcast.net with my Palm T/X and it worker perfectly!!! Great going -- Comcast. Keep up the good work.
Please keep me posted of new developments.

Visitor

Hello Chris,

I never got an answer to the following, can you help me out:

After I had problems with Media Net on my Razr, you suggested Opera Mini so I loaded it and it solved the problem of reaching my comcast email but I now have a problem related to Opera Mini.  After I ended the web session and then tried to come back, it seemed that I could only come back to Media Net.  I thought I had somehow unloaded Opera Mini but when I tried to reload, it was still there.  How do I get back to it?

momoped

Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

momope wrote:
Hello Chris,

I never got an answer to the following, can you help me out:

After I had problems with Media Net on my Razr, you suggested Opera Mini so I loaded it and it solved the problem of reaching my comcast email but I now have a problem related to Opera Mini.  After I ended the web session and then tried to come back, it seemed that I could only come back to Media Net.  I thought I had somehow unloaded Opera Mini but when I tried to reload, it was still there.  How do I get back to it?

momoped

Perhaps there are other Opera Mini users in the forum that can help out.  Otherwise, perhaps you could look around the internet for some solution to you issue on the Opera Mini site.  Unfortunately, I have little experience with Opera Mini and, while lots of people like it, we cannot support that product very well since it is not ours.

That being said, if you come up with a solution, or find something useful for the rest of us, please be sure to try and post back to the forum what you did, how you found your answer, etc.

Chris
Visitor

Hello Chris,

I went to the Opera Mini website and found a place for FAQs with the followind information:

"Where in my phone can I find Opera Mini after installing it?

"Opera Mini will usually be filed under Applications, Java Applications, File Manager or a similarly named folder that can be reached from the main menu of your phone. Occasionally, it can be found under Games — although this is typically on smaller, older phones. If you can't find Opera Mini anywhere on your phone (and you are sure that you installed it correctly), please consult your mobile phone manual or your phone manufacturer's web site."

After searching everywhere, I was surprised to find it under "Games" in my relatively new, latest edition Razr.  Everything works great.  Please spread the word to other Razr/AT&T users about my solution to download Opera Mini and then its after-download location in "Games."  Who knows, though, other people may find it in the other locations listed above.

Thanks for all you help.  I am no longer "mobile moping."

momoped

Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

Haha.  Great news and thank you very much for posting the tips for everyone to benefit on the forum.

The only bad news is it looks like you may need to change your screen name now, Momope (a.k.a. Mobile Moper).

Enjoy the portal.

Chris
New Visitor

Help... I keep typing into my browser on the phone m.comcast.net. It brings me to comcast asking for my user name and password, which I type in but it ALWAYS goes back to that page asking for my user name and password!!??? Can't seem to get past that!! I have a sanyo and am using Sprint
Bronze Star Contributor
cc_dixon

wergoofey wrote:
Help... I keep typing into my browser on the phone m.comcast.net. It brings me to comcast asking for my user name and password, which I type in but it ALWAYS goes back to that page asking for my user name and password!!??? Can't seem to get past that!! I have a sanyo and am using Sprint

Thank you for taking time to post your issue.  We are sorry you are having trouble accessing the portal.

I am assuming you mean that you can access m.comcast.net (news, horoscope, etc.) without any problem and are actually having issues getting into email.  Your phone is probably capitalizing the first letter of your password.  That is the most common issue logging into our portal and there are a ton of posts on this forum to fix the issue... the most popular trick is to type the first letter of your password twice and then delete the first one.

Let us know if you have any other issues.

Chris
New Visitor

I have a Samsung phone from Sprint.  I can get to m.comcas.net and I can enter my user name and password, but I don't seem to be able to push the submit button on the page.  Is this a glitch in the web page? 
Contributor

I cannot access the site on my Samsung M300, Sprint is my network.
New Visitor

I am not able to access either site from my Blackberry 8830 on the verizon network.  I get the following error message

HTTP Error 400 Bad Request

The server could not understand the page request, or was unable to process if for some reason.  Please try loading a different page.
Contributor

I have a motorola Nextel/sprint i580 and can not get the mobile to work with either the m.comcast.net or the beta
New Visitor

I just found Comcast Mobile.  Seems to work well on my LGEnV2 with Verizon.  Thanks!