Contributor
Mygrane01

Xfinity password issues

Been using Xfinity web client for email only on my company provided BB9930.

Few weeks ago, something happened to my Comcast account requiring a password change from my pc at home (comcast.net).  No problem with Outlook or the web client from home.

Now I can't use the web client on my BB.  Get "username and password do not match", even though it is the correct user and pswd.  Tried clearing all cache, cookies, history, etc several times on the BB.  Tried changing the password back to original but new password req don't allow.  Tried another new password. 

The Xfinity client is not available yet for the 9930.  Browser is my only option.

Help!

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Xfinity password issues

Hello,

I am using the bold 9900 and am having the same problem.

Contributor
Mygrane01

Thanks for acknowledging that I'm not losing it.  A few more and we'll have a support group!  Corporate policy does not allow personal email at our desk, so the BB is the only way I have to check my comcast email.  Hope someone provides a solution soon.  

Thanks!

New Visitor
bill971

I am having the exact same problem with my Blackberry Bold 9700.  A few weeks ago, I was forced by Comcast to change my password.  I did and now I can't log into the comcast.net mobile site...I get a message that user name and password do not match, even though they are 100% correct and work on every other device.  Please help!!

Contributor
Mygrane01

Exact same problem, only you described it a little better.  

Comcast phone support says it is not their issue, but offered no suggestions.

New Visitor

Have been having the same issues with my BB9930.  Today I tried a different tack.  I turned on WiFi in the house and tried logging into m.comcast.net and, lo and behold, it popped up right away.  I now need to try this when I am away from home to see if it works just as well.

New Visitor
bill971

Re: Xfinity password issues w/ Blackberry

Comcast: Please help with this issue!  This is definitely a problem for people using Blackbery Bold 9700 and other models.  Thanks.

Contributor
squanch

I am having the same problem with my Blackberry Curve 8530.  Everything was fine until a few weeks ago.  I had not changed my password.  When I try to login at m.comcast.net, I get the error message, "Username and password do not match.  Please try again."

Today I reset my password (which now must meet different requirements), but it didn't make any difference.  I can still access my email using the Internet on my PC and via Outlook, but not using comcast's mobile site on my Blackberry phone.

I cannot upgrade to the new Xfinity Mobile App because it does not support my phone model.

I tried calling Comcast tech support.  They say nothing is wrong with their mobile site, so I must contact their Signature Support (for which I must pay) to debug problems with a wireless device.

I will also try posting this a new post to see if it helps to get Comcast's attention.

Contributor
Mygrane01

Thanks!  

Comcast, where are you on this?  Seems to be a common issue.  Please weigh in and give us some relief.

Contributor
Mygrane01

Just noticed that Comcast posted some FAQs on the right side of the page.

Did not cure my problem, but maybe it will help with someone else?

See below:

Q: I'm trying to use email and I entered my username and password multiple times-- it won’t let me login?
Q: I know I typed my email password correctly but it says username or password is incorrect?
A: This seems to be a common problem- many cell phones will capitalize the first word of entered text automatically, so that you end up with a capitalized first letter of your password, but you can’t see that it's capitalized!

If you are having consistent problems logging into email on the Mobile Portal, you can try a few things:

• Enter the first letter of your password twice (the 2nd one will not be capitalized) and then backup and delete the first character  
  • Change your password to all numbers (since numbers can't be capitalized)
  • Change your password using your desktop computer to have a capital letter as it's first character

If you still encounter problems please create a new thread/posting on the Forum. Please include in your post:

• your phone model and manufacturer
  • your carrier
  • If you use Outlook Express to check mail on your desktop computer

Contributor
squanch

I read the FAQs too.  Unfortunately, their suggestions didn't solve my login problem on the mobile site.

So far I've received two emails from customer service in response to my email submission of this problem.  The first one explained how to login to my account and reset my password (both of which I already knew how to do) but did not address phone issues.  The second suggested I synchronize my phone with my PC after downloading the Xfinity mobile app, even though my phone model is not supported by the app. 

Sigh.  I'll keep trying to help them understand my problem.

Contributor
Mygrane01

Argghh!  Maybe some relief soon?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Its good to see some blackberry users out here. So in order to get things rolling lets all send a private message to ComcastLarry the admin who is in charge and he will send it to the appropriate person to

look into this matter. The more people with the same concerns the higher the priority will be to fix it.

Thanks

Contributor
Mygrane01

That's what I thought would be required.

This just happens to be the thread I started.  Seems there are plenty others with the same issue under different threads.

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Good you got the show rolling I have already reported this to various comcast tech in the forums a couple of days ago and from what they told me it is a new issue. Lets be patient and give them time put dont give up. I hope everyone will notify the admin ComcastLarry via a private message.

Thanks

Contributor
Mygrane01

Outstanding!  Thanks for your help.

This issue is killing me!

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Just to all the blackberry users. I done a test today to login to m.comcast.net/m via my bold 9900 and after the usually resetting your username and password and zip code and the capcha letters I was able to get in.

I logout and tried again about 10 mins. later and it asked me the same thing with resetting your username and password etc stuff all over again. For some reason it still not keeping the first time you enter the stuff.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

To the comcast admin who moderates this board I have had issues with my bold 9900 login to the forums.comcast.net and m.comcast.net/m website. I have reported this issue on 4/3/12 to various

comcast agents and have not got any results or respond has of what is going on. I am aware that

things take time in fixing things but we would like some response.

Thank you

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

So is any blackberry user still have the same problem or has someone got it to work.

Official Employee
ComcastTerry

[ Edited ]

To all Blackberry users,

Thank you all so much for your patience.

I wanted to chime in to let you know that Xfinity Mobile has only just begun to support Blackberry devices for the email functionality only.

As this is a new device, (new to Xfinity mobile,) there are a few bugs which our developers are working dilligently to remedy.

Stay tuned and I will provide updates as I receive them.

The first letter capatilization issue does resolve many login difficulties. If you have set your phone to "remember me" at the login screen, I would suggest clearing your cache & data, uninstall the app and reinstall the app. Login as normal but be sure to backspace over the 1st character and enter it as lower case.

Please let me know what you all find and I'll update you ASAP.

Thanks!

Terry Mahnke
Repair Technician II / Incubation.
National Activation Security & Repair (NASR)
Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Thanks for your response. In my previous post I have never mention that this has to do with the xfinity mobile app this is strictly using the phone basic phone application. My previous post have already mention that clearing the cache, temp files and history has not helped it and placing a check mark on the remember will not fix it.

Everything was working perfectly before until comcast made use do this username and password reset stuff. Why would after resetting the password and answer all the securty qestions it would work and then you login again 10 mins. later it does not.

The main problem is that it is not saving the inital information.

We would like a fix to this problem resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you

Contributor
Mygrane01

Thanks for taking on this issue.  I really need a resolution as soon as possible as I depend on my personal email.

As it says in several of the posts - 

This is not using the Xfinity app.  We can't download it as newer BlackBerrys are not supported.  This is the browser that comes with the BB.

Personally, the mobile web client has worked fine for over a year, until Comcast forced the unannounced password change and pasword requirements.

I think that most everyone with this issue has cleared their cache, cookies, saved passwords, etc, multiple times, with no success.

The test of capitalizing the first letter did not work.  BTW... it is not an issue on my BB as it does not capitalize the first letter of my username.  

New Visitor

I am having the same problem with my BB 9850. I was able to get email about 2 weeks ago now i cannot is there any help out there ?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Have you ever heard of the old saying if it is not broken don't fix. I guess comcast never heard of this. :smileyhappy:

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Today I did a random test to see if the login problems are working as of now there has been no changes.

I would like a reply from the comcast admin to see what is being done to fix this issue.

Thank you

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Today at 6:51 am I tried to see if there are any improvements in the problem but no changes same thing.

New Visitor
mrupp12

I just got a BB9930 this morning and have the same problem as discussed. My older BB worked just fine through last night even with recent password changes.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

If you have not already forward your problem to the ComastLarry the admin then I would suggest you do. Please state your problem in detail in a nice way and be patient. Sometimes these things take time to fix. We are still waiting for some response of the problem which we have not got yet.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello,

It is around 11:31 am pst and I did a nother test to see if I can login to forums.comcast.net or m.comcast.net/m and still the same problem as before. Still requesting someone from comcast to give me a status of what is going on. This issue has been going since 4/10/2012.

Thank you

Contributor

I'm having password issues but with the Android app. Xfinity will run for some modest number of hours/minutes and then forget ask my custom info - from login/password through signature and other settings. It's become a terrible waste of time! DroidX, Android 2.2
Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Did another test around 7:00 am pst trying to login to forums.comcast.net and m.comcast.net/m and no change I thought by now comcast would have fixed it but it must be a big issue. Still waiting for some acknowledgement of the problem and what is being done.

Thank you

Contributor
Mygrane01

[ Edited ]

I have been very patient, replying with the one request from ComcastTerry.  No further communication from him. 

I sent a private message to ComcastLarry with no reply.

It seems that more and more people are suffering from the same issue.

To any Comcast Support Personnel reading this - can we PLEASE get some help?  Stringing this out is doing nothing for Comcast Customer Relations. 

Is there another route we should be taking?

Simple communication goes a long way.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have notified the Administrator.  Please watch for his reply or a reply by one of the Comcast Moderators.  Thanks.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
Mygrane01

Thanks for your prompt attention.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Thanks for sending your message to ComcastLarry he is the admin of the forum lets be patient and hope we can get the issue resolved.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Well I tried to do another test to see if the current problem has been resolved and still nothing. Same result has usually. It would be nice if comcast would give use a follow-up to what is going on with this ongoing issue.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Well it seems still that there is no resolution to the problem with login to forums.comcast.net and m.comcast.net/m website. Still the same results has before.

Are we ever going to get this problem fixed?

Contributor

What is Comcast's response, about the problem I'm having with my Android Xfinity app, where it "forgets" my password (and all customized settings) and requires me to re-enter them?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Well today I thought I give it another try to login to m.comcast.net/m and forums.comcast.net with my bold and still cant get in. The only difference this time is that it does not ask you for the reset password jazz like

what is your zip code, oldest niece or newphew or that capcha (moving letters).

On April 30 cccarol requested the admin to respond and still we have not got a acknowledgement of what is going on.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Still no response from anyone from comcast on this issue that has been going on for nearly a month now.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Hello,

Well still nothing new with the login problem for the bold users. We are still waiting for a response from comcast on what is happening with this problem.

Official Employee
ComcastTerry

All,

Just 2 reminders for everyone.

1) This is a support forum for customers, by customers. There are a few of us Comcast employees who volunteer on the support forums but this site is not actively monitored. We do the best that we can with the little time we have. If you feel that your issue needs faster attention, please call 1-800-comcast and have them open a trouble ticket for your issue. This will ensure that your issue gets to the correct fix agency.

2) Blackberry is a device which is not supported by Comcast. We do have a version of the Xfinity Mobile Application which is available for Blackberry devices. Support for this app is limited as of yet. Please use the following link to find out more.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/learn/mobile-apps/

Having said all of that, I have picked the brains of several advanced technicians and support personnel and have come to the following conclusion.

Comcast has had every customer update their passwords to keep up with the latest security standards.

Blackberry has not updated their browser software or security for quite some time. This explains why it worked before the security update but not afterwards.

Blackberry does not comply to the new security standards. The only resolution that we have come up with is to have Blackberry users reach out to Blackberry to have them update.

Comcast could implement a regression but this could compromise the security of every Comcast user and will not happen.

Technology moves along very quickly. Unfortunately, not all technology moves at the same speed.

Thanks for your patience!

Terry Mahnke
Repair Technician II / Incubation.
National Activation Security & Repair (NASR)
Contributor
squanch

Terry,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this problem and giving us an update.  I will contact Blackberry and ask if there is a security update in the works on their end.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Ok, so us blackberry users are out of luck again. So if and when comcast comes out with the new xfinity mobile app for the blackberry os 7.0 or 7.1 will this issue be resolved

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

squanch wrote:

Terry,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this problem and giving us an update.  I will contact Blackberry and ask if there is a security update in the works on their end.

Hello,

I already tried speaking to them you want get through unless you pay them for a incident issue.

Contributor
squanch

reasd,

I'm not using the Xfinity Mobile App either.  However, not everyone has the same problem with the Comcast mobile web that you have.  I haven't been able to login to the Comcast mobile website at all since the new password requirements were implemented.

I think what ComcastTerry is saying is that Blackberry phone operating systems have not been updated since Comcast implemented new security measures.  As a result, Blackberry's OS and/or security measures on some phones is no longer completely compatible with the Comcast mobile website.  Comcast has no control over what Blackberry does.

This has happened to me before with other platforms.  Several different operating systems are in use in the telecom world.  Not all platforms update their OS and security every time another platform updates.  Consequently, one company's update may make it incompatible with an OS with which it was previously compatible.

Yes, it's frustrating.  But with the number of mobile platforms currently in the marketplace, keeping all the OSs  compatible is virtually impossible.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

delete

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

[ Edited ]

Hello ComcastTerry,

Can you please tell me in detail what security implementation that comcast added just recently so that I inform rim of your change and they can implement it to the bold 9900 so that it will work.

thank you

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Mygrane01 wrote:

Just noticed that Comcast posted some FAQs on the right side of the page.

Did not cure my problem, but maybe it will help with someone else?

See below:

Q: I'm trying to use email and I entered my username and password multiple times-- it won’t let me login?
Q: I know I typed my email password correctly but it says username or password is incorrect?
A: This seems to be a common problem- many cell phones will capitalize the first word of entered text automatically, so that you end up with a capitalized first letter of your password, but you can’t see that it's capitalized!

If you are having consistent problems logging into email on the Mobile Portal, you can try a few things:

• Enter the first letter of your password twice (the 2nd one will not be capitalized) and then backup and delete the first character  
  • Change your password to all numbers (since numbers can't be capitalized)
  • Change your password using your desktop computer to have a capital letter as it's first character

If you still encounter problems please create a new thread/posting on the Forum. Please include in your post:

• your phone model and manufacturer
  • your carrier
  • If you use Outlook Express to check mail on your desktop computer

Hello,

Ok, so I posted the info that you requested in a separate thread do you think we will ever get a response?

New Visitor

Spoiler
I am still having this same problem with the BB Torch.  Using the browser feature, Comcast will not allow me to sign on using my User ID and password which I know to be correct.  Did anyone ever figure out a way around this using a BB?
Spoiler
Thank you!