Visitor
opus45

iPAD and comcast mail

I want to access my Comcast email from an iPAD. I do not want to "synch" the iPAD with the Comcast email account. The problem is that when I login to the Comcast email account via the iPAD and the Internet, I need to "double-click" (mouse talk!) on an email message to read it.  However, a "double tap" on the iPAD does not open the email; that action magnifies the page.  Similarly, if I want to "mark" an email message to delete or move to a folder, I am at a loss as to how to do so via the iPAD?  Any suggestions?

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

Re: iPAD and comcast mail

The best solution is to use the Comcast mobile app for iPhone for now. It allows you to all that you are asking. You will not have to go to your email online and mark it as read. The App keeps all your emails in sync automatically. If you read an email here it will mark it as read online as well, and you can also mark your emails as read/unread, mark as spam, accesss to all your folders etc on the application. 

Regular Visitor

The app stinks.

Mac Expert
Joel

Comcast is always looking for ways to improve the interactive experience for their users and welcomes constructive comments and suggestions. Like Kchahal mentions above, the Comcast Mobile App is, for all intents and purposes, "mobile SmartZone." Any action taken in the mobile app is applied as if you were sitting at your desktop computer accessing SZ via a web browser. However, since Comcast has millions of subscribers with differing needs, users are not tied to a single means of access. Since your iPad (and every mobile device for that matter) comes with a built-in email client, you are free to configure it to access/manage your Comcast email account. You can also access the main web portal at www.comcast.net if your mobile browser supports its functionality. For bare-bones web-based access through a browser, you can access the mobile portal at www.m.comcast.net and click the email link. So you have numerous choices for accessing your email through a mobile device, it's just up to each user to decide what works best for their own needs.

And as always, if you have constructive comments on how Comcast can improve the Mobile App experience, just let charvey or Kchahal know what's on your mind.

New Visitor
Bver

Hi.  New to the forum.  I am trying to get to my Comcast email on my IPad.  The IPhone app is terrible.  Any idea when it will be updated for the IPad?  I have accessed my Smart Zone account via Safari and the Internet, and it looks just like I want it to....but I cannot scroll down on the message frame.  The email list scrolls fine with two fingers, but the message info is locked tight.  I checked with the kids at the Apple store, and they said that the IPad needs IMAP and Comcast is POP3.  I have also tried to use the MAIL app, it looks great, but I cannot set up any files in which to move my emails.  Also talked to two techs at Comcast, and they had no solution.  Anyone figure this out yet?

Bver

Mac Expert
Joel

To answer the second part of your question, the built-in email client is designed to sync with a desktop-based email client. (I think a MobileMe account might also be required, but don't quote me on that part.) On a Mac, this would be Mac Mail; on Windows, Outlook support is present. In iTunes, there are settings to sync calendar and contacts; set those as needed. Create your folders in your email client, then sync your phone. The folders you created in either Mac Mail or Outlook should now appear on your iPad (iPhone directions are the same).

Be aware, however, that since Comcast is a POP-based email system, mail will not be synched between devices. Mail moved to folders is device-specific; in other words, mail moved into a folder on your iPad will not appear in the same folder on your desktop and vice versa unless you physically move the mail there yourself a second time.

Official Employee
ComcastKchahal

[ Edited ]

Bver wrote:

Hi.  New to the forum.  I am trying to get to my Comcast email on my IPad.  The IPhone app is terrible.  Any idea when it will be updated for the IPad?  I have accessed my Smart Zone account via Safari and the Internet, and it looks just like I want it to....but I cannot scroll down on the message frame.  The email list scrolls fine with two fingers, but the message info is locked tight.  I checked with the kids at the Apple store, and they said that the IPad needs IMAP and Comcast is POP3.  I have also tried to use the MAIL app, it looks great, but I cannot set up any files in which to move my emails.  Also talked to two techs at Comcast, and they had no solution.  Anyone figure this out yet?

Bver

Comcast mobile App's iPad customized version is in works and will be realsed before end of this year.

The email exeperience in the iPad customized version will match the native iPad mail experience and will provide the users to seamlessly  access all their messages (emails and voicemails) in the standard iPad 'Split' user interface. It will include all features iPhone features such as - ability to access POP and IMAP folders, abillity to mark emails as spam, push notifications etc. 

This release is also targeted at optimizing the current iPhone app experience.