Contributor
Tommy44
Accepted Solution

wifi hotspots and Blackberry playbook

Has anyone found the trick to logging a Blackberry Playbook into a comcast wifi hotspot?  I enter my user name and as soon as I touch the password field my user ID gets erased.

Contributor
Tommy44

Re: wifi hotspots and Blackberry playbook

Never mind, I found the magic trick to make it work.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Would you please post what did work for you?  It might help another customer with the same problem.  Thanks!  :smileywink:

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
Tommy44

Whenever I tried to log in to xfinity wifi a floating bar would appear with links to the terms of use, and obscure the user ID field.  I typed my comcast email in anyway and when finished the floating bar moved and I could see my ID, but when I touched the password line to enter the password the ID got erased.  Finally I tried entering my password first, then my user ID and that worked.  All this has to happen before I even start the browser, it's part of the wifi connection setup screen.  It's a remembered connection now, so this should be the first and last time I need to jump through that hoop. :smileyhappy: