Frequent Visitor

Xfinity connect email problems

I am having issues daily of being "thrown out" of my inbox after signing in to my email.  The inbox flashes by and then suddenly I am no longer signed in; I have also had problems when clicking to a new email with this same issue.  Any ideas on resolving?

Official Employee
CC_MikeH

Re: Xfinity connect email problems

Are you still having this issue?  Have you cleared cache and cookies in your browser?

Frequent Visitor

I do clear my cache and cookies regularly.  I have not had the issue today but have only signed on once so far.

New Visitor
lenniewoods

I am having the same problem and more. These problems have started suddenly since xfinity changes started. I took my Mac in for cleaning up and they told me the problem was with comcast. Comcast says its with my computer or wireless router. I bought a new router - same problems - I just opened my new mac mini and same problem - so now I know its comcast.  The browser takes forever to load.  sometimes it will quickly flash "server having problems"  my husband uses google email that he has through his own domain and he is not having the issues.  someone please help me.  It is not easy to change providers but i cant deal with 10 second delays on opening or deleting email.  I also get a blank screen every time I hit reply to an email and I have to cancel, then it asks if I want to save, i have to say no and hit reply again.  this is every time and there is more.  Is anyone else having these issues?

Official Employee
CC_MikeH

You might want to call Comcast again and have a tech check your internet connection.  Xfinity Connect has a lot more to load than Gmail, so if the connection is slow it will take a lot longer to load than gmail.  We haven't been seeing any reports of latency for other users on your server, so the connection might be the issue.

Official Employee
CC_MikeH

To clarify, I mean that a tech should come to your house and test the speed that you're getting to your home and coming in to the router.

New Visitor

For months I have been having huge issues accessing email through comcast.net.  After I login, the browser just freaks out and clicks and flashes on the email page and never settles down.  I have Windows 7 and IE 8.  the ONLY thing that fixes it is to disable all add ons.  What a nightmare - then I have to have two browsers open to work on other web pages  - one disabled for comcast and one not for other sites.  COMCAST has no idea what to do.  I am SO FED UP!

Email Expert
CCCarole

issueswithcomca wrote:

For months I have been having huge issues accessing email through comcast.net.  After I login, the browser just freaks out and clicks and flashes on the email page and never settles down.  I have Windows 7 and IE 8.  the ONLY thing that fixes it is to disable all add ons.  What a nightmare - then I have to have two browsers open to work on other web pages  - one disabled for comcast and one not for other sites.  COMCAST has no idea what to do.  I am SO FED UP!

Which version of XfinityConnect are you using, the full or the lite version?  If using the full, have you tried switching to the lite version?

CC

1) Try going to http://sz0001.wc.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/h/search from the Inbox Preview page - at this point you should be in XC Lite.

2) Reset the browser Zoom by hitting Ctrl-0 (that is a zero-this works for IE or FF).

3) Go back to the Inbox Preview (go to the Comcast home page and click on the Connect link at the top). You should be able to get into the full XC Inbox by clicking on the "View Entire Inbox" link from the Inbox Preview.
Credit to JR for compiling these directions

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

I have been having the same issues the last few weeks. Comcast has said it's my computer. It's not. There are many forums with people addressing this issue all at the same time. I think Comcast Support is just trying to by them selves time by telling unhappy customers that it is not their problem. It's very frustrating! 

New Visitor
aburgener

[ Edited ]

lenniewoods wrote:

I am having the same problem and more. These problems have started suddenly since xfinity changes started. I took my Mac in for cleaning up and they told me the problem was with comcast. Comcast says its with my computer or wireless router. I bought a new router - same problems - I just opened my new mac mini and same problem - so now I know its comcast.  The browser takes forever to load.  sometimes it will quickly flash "server having problems"  my husband uses google email that he has through his own domain and he is not having the issues.  someone please help me.  It is not easy to change providers but i cant deal with 10 second delays on opening or deleting email.  I also get a blank screen every time I hit reply to an email and I have to cancel, then it asks if I want to save, i have to say no and hit reply again.  this is every time and there is more.  Is anyone else having these issues?

If it makes you feel any better - you're not the only person who gets the blank page when you hit Reply (and then you have to close it and try again). It's across browsers and on every computer I've ever tried it on, and easily reproduced.

I finally just gave up and imported everything into Gmail, turned on forwarding for that account, and life has been good since. Any Comcast tech who tells you that this is an issue with your computer is simply inept and should not be in a tech support position.

Amazing how such a fundamental and old technology can be implemented in such a poor way. Just use Gmail, the new look and feel of it is quite nice.

New Visitor
lenniewoods

Thanks - thats what i will do

Visitor

I figured it out after hours of trying different things yesterday. Go to comcast email main page, where it shows you a preview of your inbox. Then click "Preferences" then select "Xfinity Lite" instead of Xfinity Connect. The email page is a little different but I like it and it instantly fixed my problem! Now if Comcast Tech support would just figure it out they could let people know how to fix the problem instead of blaming their customers computers! Let me know if it worked for you.

Email Expert
CCCarole

djhamack wrote:

I figured it out after hours of trying different things yesterday. Go to comcast email main page, where it shows you a preview of your inbox. Then click "Preferences" then select "Xfinity Lite" instead of Xfinity Connect. The email page is a little different but I like it and it instantly fixed my problem! Now if Comcast Tech support would just figure it out they could let people know how to fix the problem instead of blaming their customers computers! Let me know if it worked for you.

This workaround  of switching to the Lite version has been mentioned many times in the Email Forum. Comcast is working on fixes for the Full version but we do not have a firm ETR yet.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Visitor

Well I don't spend to much time reading all the forums because I usually see a lot of computer talk that many of us that want more user friendly computers don't understand. I have not come across this "workaround" of the simple way to have a quick fix. I was very pleased when my problem was solved and I was trying to help others out that have better things to do than get frustrated trying to fix an email. For how long it took me good old paper mail would have been faster. Thanks for pointing out that others have mentioned this "workaround" with out actually solving and problems or telling people where to find this seemingly, by what you say, temporary fix. I think the point is Comcast support has done many of us no favors myself included in solving this problem... they have just said things like "clean out your cookies.. cache.." or simply.. "We haven't had anyone else report this issue" Like they said to me. Obviously a lie! I for one can now use my email and not have to go about switching everything to a new email with all the pains that go along with it.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I totally understand the frustration you and other customers have with this XfinityConnect/Addrerss Book problems.  beleive me, we are as frustrated as you are.:smileysad:

Contributor
debarde

I am having a problem with Xfinity connect - Once I added additional accounts to Xfinity "Inbox preview" my Pocomail email software does not load the comcast email from one of the accounts.  There is not option to reverse the multiple email preview option- another words remove the accounts I added so I can return to receiving my email into the Poco program as it was doing prior to adding comcast accounts to the Inbox Preview.  When will they add the option of removing the accounts from preview?

New Visitor

No matter what version of Xfinity I use - full or lite - the browser just goes crazy blinking and blinking and never actually settles on that page.

Email Expert
CCCarole

issueswithcomca wrote:

No matter what version of Xfinity I use - full or lite - the browser just goes crazy blinking and blinking and never actually settles on that page.

Which browser do you use please?  And which version?  Have you cleared your browser cache?

Contributor
debarde

Do you know if you are working on a way to discontinue "inbox preview" or remove accounts from the preview page? I would like to reverse the process and there does not seem a way to "remove" accounts from the Preview page.

New Visitor
RAKASANMAN

I am not able to access my emails. When I attempt to open the file, the system goes into never never land. As usual, Comcast has not been able to helpI am running the latest version of Explorer with Windows 7. I am totally exasperated with this issue

What can I do?  

New Visitor

In IE I have a little indicator "Done" in the lower left corner and an yellow triangle with an exlamation point in it.  If I click on the yellow triangle I can see the error IE is getting:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2)
Timestamp: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:30:39 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://sz0117.ev.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/mail?app=mail

Line: 21428
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://sz0117.ev.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/js/Startup1_2_all.js.zgz?v=110527090709

Can any Comcast technicians shed any light on this? 

Contributor
LAVERNEMULLINS

Windows XP

Contributor
LAVERNEMULLINS

No I Not.

Contributor
LAVERNEMULLINS

Yes

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

LaverneMullins,

Windows XP is important because ?

No I Not. NOT WHAT?

Yes. YES WHAT?

No one has any idea what your problem is based on what you have stated in this thread.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

We have Xfinity by comcast and are no longer able to even read our emails on our desk top or laptop. As soon as the inbox emails show up, they disappear and I'm left with a blank screen. Strangely enough, I can read and reply to my comcast emails on my iPhone. However, I too, am totally fed up with this inability  to even know where to go on the screen to try to get back.

New Visitor

In fact, is anyone experiencing this same phenomenon? Anyone fixed it yet? Thanks ahead of time, if you have the answer.

New Visitor
annettebrown435

having the same problem not able to read emails or reply to emails.  This has been a issue for a few days!!  I was trying to be patient with comcast but i think i'm going to have call and get some money taking off bill for the inconvience