New Visitor
burchwood

Chromecast Support on Xfinity Go App

I'd like to see the Xifnity app support Chromecast.

The following is a list of competitors whom have developed for Chromecast

*Development status is only per third parties, not the app developer itself.

Chromecast-compatible apps

Name

Chrome

Android

iOS

Vendor

Type

AOL On[14]

in development

AOL Inc.

Video

Bitcasa[15]

ready[16]

No

Bitcasa, Inc.

Cloud

Blip[17]

in development

Blip Networks, Inc.

Video

Devour[17]

in development

Zombiecorp

Video

Fandor[18]

in development

Fandor

Video

Google Slides

Chrome 32+*[19]

No

No

Google

Presentations

HBO Go[20]

in development

Home Box Office Inc.

Video

Hulu Plus[10][21]

No

Yes

Yes

Hulu

Video

Netflix[22]

Yes

Yes

Yes

Netflix, Inc.

Video

Pandora Radio[23]

No

Yes

Yes

Pandora Media, Inc.

Music

Play Movies & TV[24]

Yes

Yes

No

Google

Video

Play Music[25]

No

Yes

No

Google

Music

PlayCast for PlayOn[26]

ready[16]

ready[27]

ready[27]

MediaMall Technologies, Inc.

Video

Pocket Casts[28]

No

ready[29]

ready[29]

Shifty Jelly

PodCasts

PostTV[4]

in development

The Washington Post Company

Video

Redbox Instant[30]

in development*

Redbox

Video

RemoteCast [31]

No

Yes

No

ben lc

Remote

Revision3[32]

in development

Revision3

Video

Simple.TV[33]

in development

Really Simple Software Inc.

Video

Songza[34]

in development*

Songza

Music

Split Browser [35]

No

ready[29]

ready[29]

Appestry

Browser

Tonido Home Cloud[36]

in development

CodeLathe LLC

Cloud

Twitch.tv[37]

in development

Twitch.tv

Video

VEVO[38]

in development

VEVO, LLC

Video

Vimeo[30]

in development

Vimeo

Video

Web2go[39]

No

ready[29]

ready[29]

Volacent.com

Text2Speech Browser

YouTube[40]

Yes

Yes

Yes

Google

Video

Zattoo[41]

in development

Zattoo Europa AG

Video

New Visitor
ogboot

Re: Chromecast Support on Xfinity Go App

Agreed. Make it happen.
New Visitor
burchwood

[ Edited ]

I 2nd your agreed statement

New Visitor
BabyMamaDramaz

Yes, an chromecast addition to the website would be an amazing feature. Lets see this happen. Please

New Visitor
New Visitor
ukt

I want the support too. If Netflix, Hulu and HBO go are supporting it so should Xfinity go. 

Contributor
BluPhant

I would like to see Chromecast support as well.
New Visitor
monroe-township

I Just picked up the chromecast for Christmas. Come on Comcast, we want xfinity to work on chromecast. Is it in the works?
New Visitor
iConfabulated

This might be a little bit easier to read and hopefully kept up to date:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromecast

I agree, this would be a wonderful thing for Comcast to add!  I think it would solve their problem of customers being frustrated with the antiquated hot boxes they currently force on us and the hassle/waste of upgrading those.  Though it might lead to more people passing on upgrading to HD service for $10/month?  IDK.  As it is right now, I end up forgoing the PC and tablet apps because even though they're HD, they're not readily available on my big screen.

Unfortunately the broadcast frequencies just seem like white noise when compared to the dedicated content streams we desire on apps like these.

New Visitor
chromecastfan

[ Edited ]
Really hope this happens. Would be very useful. Pretty please?
New Visitor
BabyMamaDramaz

That is much easier to read. The fact is, xfinity's app would be better with chromecast

New Visitor
jelichty

I second that.  It would be so nice to have that.

New Visitor
djebam

I'd love for this to happen too, but it never will. It's falls under the same bulls4!7 as blocking Slingbox: because Comcast doesn't want competition with other content delivery options. They blocked Slingbox becasue they were coming out with X1.

People, Comcast is a s4!te company. Remember that, get crafty with circumvention, and never rely on them to do anything awesome involving any other CDN, CP or content delivery option, and you'll live a happier live. :smileylaugh:

New Visitor
djebam

Also, you could install the Chromecast beta plug-in for the Chrome browser and do it that way.

New Visitor
jelichty

For one thing, a chrome browser broadcast has more interuptions that XfinityGo App (at least on my network) and for another, the App has more viewing options than On Demand or Xfinity.com (what you'd watch with the chrome browser). I use that option when there is nothing else. I didn't know that Xfinity blocks the Sling.  That sucks too. We pay for a service. We should get it.

New Visitor
b4card

I would as well.  

Suspect Comcast finds themselves in a jam though on this as on-demand direct distribution "television" sort of eliminates the "middleman" = Comcast Subsription Broadcast Programming "cable TV".  So while they might want to support it for the comcast customers.   Making direct distribution TV programs more successful like Chromecast, starts to show people that we only need internet connections and content creators and no longer need subscription based cable programming with hundreds of channels we never watch filled with 20% commercials.

Hard to say but everything is always changing so who knows. 

New Visitor
bkarr

This is a must-have and our right. 

Visitor
Nascar_Don

Comcast doesn't have or allow Xfinity GO TV apps (or HBO GO) on Chromecast (or ROKU boxes). Are you working on adding this? Please let us know before we cancel our subscriptions (show you care about us customers)

New Visitor
burchwood

The HBO go app works with chromecast

Alas, Xfinity Go hasn't implemented this feature yet

New Visitor
MemphisTK

This is something I would really like to see happen.  I have Chromecast and it works great with NetFlix.  XFinity has some nice movies that I can stream on my tablet but it would be much better to watch these on my TV using the tablet and my Chromecast.  Please make this happen Comcast!

New Visitor
JoelReed

Yes, please add support for chromecast. Ridiculous that its not supported!

Visitor
klopz

Need Chromecast support. Thanks.
Visitor
fedupwithspam

Can you explain this a bit more?  I just installed Chromecast - works fine with 'everyone' else, but using the Chrome Browser to send to the TV results in video frame freezing, out of sync with sound etc.  The dedicated APPs are what is needed, but you seem to indicate there is a 'workaround' using the Chromecast 'Beta'(?)  Just looking for more specifics

New Visitor

The fell the problem that Comcast/Xfinity has to think about in regards to providing Chromecast support is that:

If you want to play Xfinity content on a Television Screen (as most Chromecast users do) why aren't you just using an Xfinity cable box? As of now they charge you per extra box in a house so that they make $ for each TV in a household that is playing their content. Having the web/stream feature of their Xfinity App for people's tablets/mobile/PC is very nice of them but I think based on its popularity they're already seeing that people are replacing content playback on TVs with streaming via internet. I think that perhaps they could find a good way to modify their internet service so that households can be given the flexbility of using internet only for playback. I think they're already doing this through their whole "xfinity One" thing that is more reliant on internet. 

All that said: Please do figure out a way to allow playback through chromecast! 

New Visitor
steverupp

"Comcast Adds Chrome Support To Xfinity TV Go Site Extension Also Supports Playback On The Google Chromecast" http://multichannel.com/news/tv-apps/comcast-adds-chrome-support-xfinity-tv-go-site/375299
New Visitor
jelichty

Thanks for the info. That's great. Can now use my desktop and laptop to play xfinity content on chromecast.  Next step is getting chromecast access to the xfinity on demand android app.  Again, there is content there that is not on the xfinity web site.